View Full Version : Anybody Else Having Weird Problems with the Site?

Dynasty
11-16-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm having a bunch of weird problems with the 2+2 site in the past half hour.

I can't expire my cookies.

Any edit I make to a thread isn't working despite the preview showing that it should. I've tried three times to edit one specific thread and failed each time.

I can't start a post in the Mod Forum (that's why this post is here).

My PM icon http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/newpm.gif has continued to flash despite the fact that I've read my most recent (and all) PMs.

I've been logged out and back in when moving between forums.

OldYoda
11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a bunch of weird problems with the 2+2 site in the past half hour.

I can't expire my cookies.

Any edit I make to a thread isn't working despite the preview showing that it should. I've tried three times to edit one specific thread and failed each time.

I can't start a post in the Mod Forum (that's why this post is here).

My PM icon http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/newpm.gif has continued to flash despite the fact that I've read my most recent (and all) PMs.

I've been logged out and back in when moving between forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only forum I have that seems to be updating - every other forum shows last post around 9:40pm. Very strange.

durron597
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I know that I sent you a PM and didn't get a read receipt /images/graemlins/confused.gif I think Chuck is fixing the back button problem that may be related.

Edit: go to your PM page and press refresh, I think that the pages are staying cached when they shouldn't be.

astroglide
11-16-2005, 11:58 PM
i haven't run into anything yet

chuck is apparently working on the "back button erases the post you were typing" thing

Bartman387
11-16-2005, 11:59 PM
acting weird for me too, posts are appearing and then disappearing as well as the other things you had mentioned.

Bartman387
11-17-2005, 12:00 AM
did my previous post even show up? I dont even see it.

11-17-2005, 01:00 AM
There's an option to reset cookies on the "My Home" page. It usually fixes weird stuff with the board. Be warned, you'll have to login again and you lose track of which posts are read or unread.

edit: mine just went weird too /images/graemlins/confused.gif

whiskeytown
11-17-2005, 01:15 AM
I couldn't get screens to refresh - I was seeing non-logging screens and logged in screens with anther account when I tried -

Try CTRL-F5 - that's control refresh - should make everything new - don't know what's going on otherwise.

RB

bigfishead
11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
I had to log in which happens occasionally. But when I did, it took me to a forum (not logged in" then when I clicked to a diff forum after a few tries logging in I was ok.

flawless_victory
11-17-2005, 07:07 AM
im having all problems mentioned in this thread. i prob wont be able to see this post after i enter it...
v annoying.

housenuts
11-17-2005, 08:24 AM
in 3 years time when all the veterans of this site reflect back on this troublesome time will we refer to it as the '11/16 catastrophe'?

TylerD
11-17-2005, 09:04 AM
no, too many syllables.

11-17-2005, 09:42 AM
This is a great thread if for no other reason than Dynasty took the time to copy the http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/newpm.gif icon, rehost it and paste it into the op.

housenuts
11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a great thread if for no other reason than Dynasty took the time to copy the http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/newpm.gif icon, rehost it and paste it into the op.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Lottery Larry
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
i had some problems last night/this morning- I posted in Software about mine.

Python49
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
i cant create new threads in the stock market section

lighterjobs
11-18-2005, 01:42 AM
last night i was trying to update my preferences and they wouldn't update.

Mason Malmuth
11-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi Everyone:

It appears to me that our latest software upgrade has caused other problems. It also seems that some are experienceing more problems than others. Chuck is working on trying to solve these.

However, the solution will probably be a complete revamping of this whole site. That process should start soon, and eventually it may include going to completely different forum software. The problem is simply that we have grown so much and have now become a very large site. Far bigger than anyone involved with Two Plus Two ever expected. So please bear with us, in time we hope to get most everything right.

best wishes,
Mason

whiskeytown
11-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Mason, may I make a suggestion?

When you guys revamp the forum software, instead of having a situation where moderators lord over all like despots, I'd rather have a group/comment moderating system like Slashdot.

Slashdot.org basically allows you to rate comments and then you can choose to ignore comments below a certain rating. Something that gives individual users more freedom to customize and ignore certain people totally would be super.

I believe given the growth of 2+2, there's an awful lot of nonsense that I just ignore now and weed thru to the important stuff, but I think this would fix that problem some folks have with the moderators and give a more democratic consensus as to which threads are great and which ones are filler.

Just my 0.02 - please don't ban me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

DesertCat
11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Slashdot.org basically allows you to rate comments and then you can choose to ignore comments below a certain rating. Something that gives individual users more freedom to customize and ignore certain people totally would be super.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding...