PDA

View Full Version : LOST (spoilers)

jstnrgrs
11-16-2005, 11:06 PM
So now they have left us with the same cliffhanger on two consecutive episodes twice. This show is starting to get annoying.

imported_anacardo
11-16-2005, 11:08 PM
What a staggeringly uninformative episode.

Will somebody please kill Michelle Rodriguez?

Senor Cardgage
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I thought we learned a decent amount in this episode... and it's the only one so far where I haven't absolutely detested Ana Lucia.

11-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I didn't learn anyhting other than the identities of the people that were in the tail that werent shown last time. The teddy bear that the kid had on the beach was the same one seen carried by the "others" last episode when they were hiding in the bush.

11-16-2005, 11:22 PM
www.lost-forum.com (http://www.lost-forum.com) <--- These people are hardcore
The show shows a ton of stuff without actually showing anything though.

peachy
11-16-2005, 11:23 PM
did he say they took the stronger ones b/c they were a threat and keep them or kill them?

i felt like i learned more but the way the episode ended at the same place as last week i felt like it got nowhere...i hate when they do this....but then again this is b/c i watched the whole 1st season all at once

Eurotrash
11-16-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What? I thought we learned a decent amount in this episode... and it's the only one so far where I haven't absolutely detested Ana Lucia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did he say they took the stronger ones b/c they were a threat and keep them or kill them?

i felt like i learned more but the way the episode ended at the same place as last week i felt like it got nowhere...i hate when they do this....but then again this is b/c i watched the whole 1st season all at once

[/ QUOTE ]
No this is Ana assumed, the bad guy actually said that they took the "good ones", inferring that her and the others weren't good ones, possibly saying that they have a bad past.

RacersEdge
11-16-2005, 11:59 PM
A good episode. The Ana scene with Goodwin was great. She is very hot BTW.

CrazyEyez
11-17-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
People need to pay attention more as well as have some patience. If they gave us everything in huge chunks it wouldn't be any fun.

1) They have a list of people's names and some knowledge of the background of these people. That's pretty big in my opinion.

2) They took "good" people for some reason. This ties into eugenics - creating a "master race" - one of the Hanso Foundation projects.

3) Perhaps the most out-of-place clue in the series to date: a glass eye? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unless it's just a setup and we'll later come across someone with one eye.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
People need to pay attention more as well as have some patience. If they gave us everything in huge chunks it wouldn't be any fun.

1) They have a list of people's names and some knowledge of the background of these people. That's pretty big in my opinion.

2) They took "good" people for some reason. This ties into eugenics - creating a "master race" - one of the Hanso Foundation projects.

3) Perhaps the most out-of-place clue in the series to date: a glass eye? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unless it's just a setup and we'll later come across someone with one eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

best post in the thread so far. well said on all accounts.

Soul Daddy
11-17-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me three. However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they didn't take the black dude - maybe a Nazi tie-in? But what was a Bible doing there?

And yeah, no clue about the glass eye.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they didn't take the black dude - maybe a Nazi tie-in? But what was a Bible doing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

they tried to take "Mr Echo." He killed the two Others and couldnt talk for 40 days afterwards.

11-17-2005, 12:57 AM
He could talk he just chose not to I believe

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they tried to take "Mr Echo." He killed the two Others and couldnt talk for 40 days afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't take it that way - I thought he just got involved fighting them . Was his name on the list?

Emmitt2222
11-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Pretty good episode. Season two isn't season one, but season one was so ridiculously good that its hard to be topped. Thus far, season two has been somewhat slower, but overall solid I think. Many clues are more subtle, such as the teddy bear one and you have to have patience and be attentive, something many people don't seem to want to do with TV. I think it's rewarding to catch really nonobvious clues and hints. It's still the best thing on TV from my perspective.

It's interesting how they keep stressing that they want children [Alex, Turnip head, two tail kids]. The only thing I can think is that its the only way for them to get fresh blood and they want to continue their clan into the future.

Talk2BigSteve
11-17-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He could talk he just chose not to I believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately a Biblical tie-in to the Number 40

Forty days and nights
Isrealites ate manna forty years
on the mountain forty days and nights
Fasting for 40 days and nights
traveled fourty days and nights

I remember all that is in the bible

Could not tell you where, but it is in there, get a concordance and look up 40.

Better yet I will on the internet...

Here....

And God Said....Just Kidding it is Crosswalk.com (http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?new=1&word=forty&section=0&version=kjv&l anguage=en)

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

icepick
11-17-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to re-watch the episode, but I seem to recall the grizzly old guy on the boat that took Walt might of only had one eye.

pryor15
11-17-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm of the opinion that based on season 1 (which i saw on dvd over a couple of days), the writers have earned a great deal of leeway to tell this story in whatever pacing they feel is best. since i haven't really got a clue what's going on and they do, i'm willing to go along for the ride. i view it as a very long movie. it isnt always gonna be a million thrills a minute, but the slower parts are important to the overall picture. ive seen nothing so far that indicates they arent in complete control of their story.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm of the opinion that based on season 1 (which i saw on dvd over a couple of days), the writers have earned a great deal of leeway to tell this story in whatever pacing they feel is best. since i haven't really got a clue what's going on and they do, i'm willing to go along for the ride. i view it as a very long movie. it isnt always gonna be a million thrills a minute, but the slower parts are important to the overall picture. ive seen nothing so far that indicates they arent in complete control of their story.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read an interview w/ the writers that said that they had the enitire story laid out from the beginning. however the finer detailers such as the lotto numbers didnt play such an intricate piece of the puzzle.

when they saw how people on the internet were going crazy over this they incorporated more into the story line while still staying true to the original story line. they can bend the story w/out breaking it.

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I can;t stand is when they leave the whole mystery part and go back to the mundane lives of the original suvivors. IOW, I don't want to see half the next show dedicated to Charlie looking for berries on the island so he can suck up to Claire and the "buy-bee" - or anything like that. I really don;t care about his heroin habit either.

lastsamurai
11-17-2005, 02:12 AM
you have to remember there are alot of experiments going on with telepathy...do you think flight 810 was part of the experiment? They said they were 2000 miles off track..could it be from the magnetic pull?

And how come the "others" havent found the bunker?

lastsamurai
11-17-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I can;t stand is when they leave the whole mystery part and go back to the mundane lives of the original suvivors. IOW, I don't want to see half the next show dedicated to Charlie looking for berries on the island so he can suck up to Claire and the "buy-bee" - or anything like that. I really don;t care about his heroin habit either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait for season 2 dvd comes out and have a LOST 2 Marathon. Thats what i did with season 1.

shant
11-17-2005, 02:21 AM
People that watch this show just to have everything solved for them and then complain at the end of each episode are annoying. It's a 5 or 6 season show if I'm not mistaken so enjoy the ride because it's going to be a while before you get what the hell is going on.

Also, I thought this was a very entertaining episode with lots of little subtle information.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are both retarded and gay.

Michelle Rodriguez just went REALLY high on my list.

I loved this epp, I thought we learned a ton.

goofball
11-17-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me three. However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been nice if they'd given themselves about 3 episodes to develop these other characters on even a somewhat similar level as the rest.

goofball
11-17-2005, 04:30 AM
also, Ana Lucia for Shannon is not a good hotness trade, not even close.

And as far as I could tell the guys who took Walt had two eyes.

imported_anacardo
11-17-2005, 06:04 AM
Ouch. What a devastating combo /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe I'm just pissed because her character is such a nincompoop, who can't stop [censored] things up. WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE? Explain it to everyone else and set up a situation that you control completely, so you can extract maximum information. But, no, let's take him off somewhere and get ourselves into a kill or be killed situation, with no chance of learning anything but what the guy chooses to say in the span of the few minutes he needs to plan how to kill you.

Somebody REALLY needs to take that gun away from that stupid bitch before she... whoops, too late.

oreogod
11-17-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

SammyKid11
11-17-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the ratings for Lost? And the awards it's won? I know you said God-Forbid...I think God herself would have to personally intervene for this show to get cancelled ANYTIME in the near future. They're gonna take their sweet-ass time because...hey, it's a wildly successful suspense show. ABC and the show's creators are making boatloads of cash on each episode...why not draw it out?

And (to the people complaining about slowness).....I think a lot of people did the "watch Season One on DVD all at once" thing (I did). But if you really think about it, last season didn't really move much faster than this season. Weeks went by where before we knew anything about John Locke, how they were going to feed themselves long-term, about Jin and Sun, about Kate's crimes (which we still don't exactly know), about Jack's demons...no idea what the monster is, it took weeks to start unearthing The Hatch from the time we first saw it to the time we actually figured out what it was. The whole show has been slow...that's the point. If they revealed too much, too fast, there simply wouldn't be enough interesting storyline to make it a weekly drama for 5-8 years.

I'm still a huge fan and dutifully arrange my Wednesday obligations around being home at 8pm for Lost.

diebitter
11-17-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. I've got season 1 on the shelf ready to watch, and have only seen the first 3 episodes a while back.

Knowing it's a buggering unresolved series that'll take forever to figure out (probably unsatisfactorily) makes me want to just put it on Ebay right now.

I hate cliffhanger series' endings...

God bless 24, at least.

guller
11-17-2005, 09:59 AM
I would have liked to see how she climbed up that tree and carried that old guy down from that branch. She said she was coming up there to get him.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WHY WOULD YOU INTERROGATE THE GUY YOU KNOW IS THE MOLE ALONE?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.

CrazyEyez
11-17-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's my favorite show yet I have the lowest of expectations for how it will end. They are in a no-win situation. If they drag things out for 4-6 seasons, people will get frustrated and give up on it. If they reveal most everything sooner, then they've got nothing left. This has happened with other shows. Personally I think of a show from 7-8 years ago called The Profiler(?) with some hot blonde. They kept almost catching Jack of All Trades or whoever, but he'd always get away. Or they'd bait and switch where they actually caught him, then it turned out to be an imposter. I finally got sick of it and quit watching. I think it faded away and who knows if they ever caught the guy.

I fear Lost will end the same way. I don't think it can go for more than 3, maybe 4 seasons. If they milk it until ratings suck and it gets canned, we may never find everything out. I think the only way it will end well is if the writers come out and declare season 4 (or 3, or 5) will be the final season, and wrap everything up on their own terms instead of waiting until it's run it's course. Go out on top like Jordan over the Jazz, instead of coming back and finishing on the Wizards.

nolanfan34
11-17-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because if she told the group that goodwin was actually the mole and they should confront him then they would know she made the critical mistake of wrongfully putting the canadian in the pit and she would lose leadership over the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she didn't make the realization for sure that he was one of The Others until they were up there alone. I think she started to piece it all together then.

Here was one big question I took from this week - how did Goodwin know to be dressed and ready to infiltrate the group of survivors? 10 minutes isn't enough time for him to have been with The Others, hear the crash, and then decide, "hey, put on some shoes and normal clothes and check things out". Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

Lots of questions still of course. I think next week should be really good.

samjjones
11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

Lots of questions still of course. I think next week should be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course. But we will not know this for certain until like Season 4 or something.

Soul Daddy
11-17-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Here was one big question I took from this week - how did Goodwin know to be dressed and ready to infiltrate the group of survivors? 10 minutes isn't enough time for him to have been with The Others, hear the crash, and then decide, "hey, put on some shoes and normal clothes and check things out". Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that more time had passed that it seemed. She mentioned that his clothes weren't wet, but I watched the beginning again, and it didn't seem that her's or Echo's were either. At least they weren't soaked, so there was some time to dry a bit.

I find it intriguing that the two Others we have seen have both been relatively well kempt.

Evan
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the impression that more time had passed that it seemed. She mentioned that his clothes weren't wet, but I watched the beginning again, and it didn't seem that her's or Echo's were either. At least they weren't soaked, so there was some time to dry a bit.

I find it intriguing that the two Others we have seen have both been relatively well kempt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tight black tank tops look pretty much the same whether they're dry or soaked.

Edit to say I just checked and it seems like you're right about Ecco though, his shirt looked dry when he dropped the kids with the stewardess chick.

CrazyEyez
11-17-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They both claimed to be from Canada. What do we make of that?

jaydub
11-17-2005, 01:03 PM
You are thinking of the Pretender but the difference is that Lost actually has a both plan and a deep story to tell. The Pretender was just trying to eek out a thin storyline each week. Much like most of the throwaway shows on TV.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They both claimed to be from Canada. What do we make of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, now I'm LOST. the guy who claimed to be from canada was not an other. he was wrongfully accused of being an Other.

the only Other that's been well kept is Goodwin. he didnt say he was from Canada did he? who's the other person you're referring to?

and we've seen several other Others. they've been disheveled and nasty after theyve been killed by the tail people.

wh1t3bread
11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

the only Other that's been well kept is Goodwin. he didnt say he was from Canada did he? who's the other person you're referring to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was reffering to Ethan who was the "Other" that infiltrated the group in Season 1, found to not be on the plane's manifest by Hurley, and kidnapped Claire. Later to be killed by Charlie.

Soul Daddy
11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was reffering to Ethan who was the "Other" that infiltrated the group in Season 1, found to not be on the plane's manifest by Hurley, and kidnapped Claire. Later to be killed by Charlie.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's who I meant when I said mentioned the two we'd "seen." He did say he was from Ontario, so CrazyEyez was obviously on the same page.

tdarko
11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a 5 or 6 season show if I'm not mistaken

[/ QUOTE ]
everyone is signed on through the 3rd season.

yes, i agree with you, people should just watch it and let it happen.

tdarko
11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive read an interview w/ the writers that said that they had the enitire story laid out from the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? hmmm, i could have swore i heard one of the actors on a late night show saying that they didn't know what was even going to happen cause the script isn't even finished. maybe i heard wrong.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm starting a group (we've got two memebers so far) of "Lost Fans that Hate Lost Fans".

We'll sit around and complain about how people who lack patience or intelligence should probably watch 24 instead of something (which is not to say 24 is bad, just that it seems to be more their speed).

nolanfan34
11-17-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting a group (we've got two memebers so far) of "Lost Fans that Hate Lost Fans".

We'll sit around and complain about how people who lack patience or intelligence should probably watch 24 instead of something (which is not to say 24 is bad, just that it seems to be more their speed).

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in, I can take meeting notes or something.

imported_anacardo
11-17-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't see how it's indicative of a lacking intelligence to be disappointed by a back-fill episode in which practically everything that happened was obvious from what we already know. The 'mole' issue was a nice wrinkle, but Ana Lucia so badly bungled that situation that it was just frustrating to have the guy die without being pumped for information. AND she killed hotness, AND it appears as though she'll be starting [censored] with Sayyid, because she never has a plan other than to kill her way out. She's the stupid, take-charge version of Evangeline Lilly's character.

Evan
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in, I can take meeting notes or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I [censored] hate the majority of people that watch this show and then bitch about not enough happening.

vulturesrow
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive read an interview w/ the writers that said that they had the enitire story laid out from the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? hmmm, i could have swore i heard one of the actors on a late night show saying that they didn't know what was even going to happen cause the script isn't even finished. maybe i heard wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The actors dont know what is going to happen. The writers do.

pryor15
11-17-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it took ethan a bit longer to infiltrate, IIRC, so maybe they were just in that part of the island. but your idea is pretty damn intriguing.

wonderwes
11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
The show is right on track where it needs to be.

Why show character development/background stories? Well a single TV season is long.

I think a full season is 24 episodes. Thats what the season1 dvd had. So basically you have 24 segments per season (usually 9 month period) and an hour show with commercials, you basically get a 44min show. With any big TV series, there will be programming high's and lows. Novemember is one of the sweeps months, so they are certainly trying to add plot twist to it.

I hardly at all watched season 1, but the show is still entertaining. Seen every season2 episode. An show will be lucky if it can run 5 full seasons. A show I did not watch was Alias. I think they made a 4 year run, but now Jennifer Garner being pregnant is leaving the show/taking time off. So saying Lost will go on 7+ seasons is pushing it. Just take it year by year.

They put it a lot of unknowns about the story line. So they can basically take an episode just to reveal one of the unknown facts. There you give your audience a taste, but still keep them pondering on the other questions in the story.

Several reasons I like the show. The directing is done real well. When you are following them through a jungle path, or for example like when the one guy was stuck in the tree this week, the director uses excellent camera angles to make you feel really in the jungle. Since they film out in Hawaii, the jungle/ocean shots they use look very unique. Also they use very little soundtrack/background music in the show. So there is always a basic silence (as if you were really in the jungle). These are simple concepts, but when combined with excellent directing and photography, it really captures the look of the show.

It should be noted, on darkhorizons, the producers said if a character dies on the island, unless its a random flashback, you will not see that character on the show anymore.

Also stare at a globe. If the plane ventured offcourse for nearly two hours, they can be anywhere in the south pacific, which is probably the most remote ocean location on the earth. Look on the globe for Hawaii, then go straight south to find the island of Samoa. Pretty big gap eh? Anywhere around Samoa is basically uninhabited.

I think what I really like about this show, is they give you clues or facts very covertly and quickly on the show. Example, two episodes ago in a flashback they show the young blonde Shannon, walking in the hospital where she finds her father died, for prob .5 sec on camera you see the lead character Jack walk by in his O.R. uniform. Very small pieces of info that you have to keep track of.

BTW- I think we should start a seperate Lost thread just on possible conclusions/story lines for the show. With no actual internet researched spoilers, just basic 2+2 heads working together to try to predict what comes next. Also if someone does not want a new discovered fact given away before airtime, the rest of us can share in that thread with no harm to someone that does not want to find the answer till airtime. I have a few theories myself on the plot. And a theory is no good, unless you have people to help you prove/disprove it.

CrazyEyez
11-17-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, now I'm LOST. the guy who claimed to be from canada was not an other. he was wrongfully accused of being an Other.

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad. Ethan from season 1 said he was from Toronto when Hurley was taking his census. I got confused about Nathan/Goodwin. You're right - Goodwin didn't say where he was from. Nathan said he was from Canada.

kenberman
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
the parallel that I drew, which worries me, is X Files. for the first few seasons, X Files was the best drama/action/sci-fi show on TV. the alien/conspiracy plot line was very interesting, and trying to figure it all out kept viewers tuning in. problem was, instead of letting viewers figure it out, they just kept adding more and more questions/problems, and it got the point that there were so many contradictions that the writers could no longer answer all the questions. the show basically crashed and burned, and many questions have not been answered (and it's basically too late to sort it all out).

I worry somewhat about these same things happening to Lost, but my sense is that the writers have a much better "long term" grasp of where the show needs to be. like another poster stated, what's critical is that the writers figure out the sweet spot for how many seasons the show should run, and write the rest of the episodes with this in mind. if they just keep dragging it out, it will turn into the X files. if they decide to take the high road and make one of the best 3-4 seasons shows ever, then I think the potential is there.

pryor15
11-17-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad. Ethan from season 1 said he was from Toronto when Hurley was taking his census. I got confused about Nathan/Goodwin. You're right - Goodwin didn't say where he was from. Nathan said he was from Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

a nice little red herring by the writers.

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think ive heard the actors dont know either.

but the writers know the story and where it's ultimately headed. the article i read said the writers are taking small liberties on how theyre getting there based on fan reactions.

Soul Daddy
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but the writers know the story and where it's ultimately headed. the article i read said the writers are taking small liberties on how theyre getting there based on fan reactions.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very good, I just hope they don't listen to the impatient, Veruca Salt types.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 03:39 PM
I think you missed a lot of what is key in this epp. It seems like rather than just watching, you're coming in with odd expectations that are preventing you from enjoying the show.

dblgutshot
11-17-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha this is exactly what I think everytime I see a lost thread. I don't even open all of them anymore because I just expect to read about people bitching about the show.

kipin
11-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Thats funny I was just in the process of starting a group called "Lost fans who hate Lost but still watch it every week".

I'm sure I could probably get atleast 100,00 other people in my boat.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 04:01 PM
My group is smarter and more smug.

Our only problem is that you are in yours, and Evan is in ours, so you're much bigger than we are. We'll outlast you in a battle of wits though.

imported_anacardo
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you missed a lot of what is key in this epp. It seems like rather than just watching, you're coming in with odd expectations that are preventing you from enjoying the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't see what I really "missed." The mole angle was the only portion of the episode that did not exactly conform to my preconceptions in every way, and I found that irritating for reasons already listed.

kipin
11-17-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My group is smarter

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you guys had Clayton.

You win I admit. Pretty hard to top the intelligence in your group.

rusty JEDI
11-17-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she didn't make the realization for sure that he was one of The Others until they were up there alone. I think she started to piece it all together then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im with nolanfan here. I think the knife was what finally confirmed it for her. She said something about it being a US army knife, and he said something like how can you tell. Earlier in the episode he told her he was in the peace corps. You'd think someone in the peace corps would have known it was a US army issue knife.

rJ

bwana devil
11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im with nolanfan here. I think the knife was what finally confirmed it for her. She said something about it being a US army knife, and he said something like how can you tell. Earlier in the episode he told her he was in the peace corps. You'd think someone in the peace corps would have known it was a US army issue knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back to the group and confront him there? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.

imported_anacardo
11-17-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back w/ the group? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been convinced on the "pieced it together on the fly" interpretation, but Jesus Christ is she dumb. Not just momentary safety - INFORMATION that could save all their lives, and she just pisses it away.

uw_madtown
11-17-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

To elaborate further on my thoughts re: The Other 48 Days... I like the episode conceptually and in execution. I just think it would have worked much better an episode or two ago. I'd have to rewatch to decide exactly where I'd think it would fit best, but yeah. It came a little late for my tastes.

That, and ending an episode with Shannon getting shot in the gut, only to follow up with this, is frustrating for the viewer. It's one thing when they were bouncing between the raft and the hatch, essentially ignoring the raftaways for the first couple eps--at least the hatch was what could be considered "timely." The Other 48 Days could have been easily bumped back an episode, and I think fans would have developed less Ana Lucia hate if they'd seen this sooner.

Re: Ana Lucia -- MR is attractive (although her face is a bit masculine for my tastes), but a really bad actress 95% of the time. She had a few moments in this episode that gave me hope she'll get better if they stop writing her as a cliched badass, so there's that.

Re: Pace of the show -- I'm fine with the pace of the show. I'm just concerned about things getting wrapped up in a satisfying-yet-uncontrived manner. JJ has already shown an affinity for getting lost in his own mythos (ala X-Files) in Alias. That show was brilliant for 2 seasons, and then the third season went STRRRRRRRRRRRRAIGHT in the toilet. I'll eventually watch seasons 4 and 5, but as far as I'm concerned, Alias should have been so much better. They got lost and didn't know what they were doing with the Rambaldi prophecy, and just started throwing stuff to the wall hoping it'd stick. So I'm less than confident in his abilities to keep Lost's mythos cohesive. We'll see.

In other news, I think I like the "main" characters more than most fans do. While I don't think we need more Jack/Kate/Locke flashbacks, I do miss them as a central presence with the island story. And this is after, what? 2 or 3 episodes? Hope the raft/tailaways get back to main camp soon so we see the main lostaways again.

Also: Bye Shannon. Since I don't have a thing for Claire/Sun/AnaLucia, and Kate gets on the nerves a fair amount more than you did, you were a source of bearable hotness on Craphole Island. You will be somewhat missed.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I don't have a thing for AnaLucia,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware I shared a room with a gay!!

SHE'S SO HOT. OMG THE JEANS.

(but Shannon was hot too).

kipin- it seems like you are in grave danger of taking me seriously. I am happy that we were able to work in a Clayton insult though!

The most important info in the epp- for Anacado, is that the others had a list of "good" people and were talking folks. Apparently only Walt is "good" from the other group. Interesting...

ddubois
11-17-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they were expecting the crash?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be mean and answer: "Duh."

Well, it seems obvious to me anyway, that they used the giant magnets to yank the planes out of the sky, purposefully to bring these people to the island. It's the only way they can plausibly (however remotely) explain the plane ripping in half, crashing, and still have so many people survive from each section; there had to be some kind of external factor controlling the descent.

I'd go one step further and say these specific people were targetted, but any possible explanation of how that could have been accomplsihed is beyond the conspiracy-theory-proposing capabilities of my brain.

Dantes
11-17-2005, 05:31 PM
We all thought Twin Peaks would be on forever after season 1 too.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
It seems like the series is taking a turn towards science instead of the supernatural. Which is interesting, because there's still Walt and Hurley- both of whom have had very supernatural things happen in their backstories.

There's also the issue where Jack may have willed Charlie back to life and the fact that Locke seemed to hint at the Island as doing a wish fullfillment thing.

I'm thinking there's still a ton that will be explained, even if we understand everything about the Hanso foundation and The Others.

CollinEstes
11-17-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the series is taking a turn towards science instead of the supernatural. Which is interesting, because there's still Walt and Hurley- both of whom have had very supernatural things happen in their backstories.

There's also the issue where Jack may have willed Charlie back to life and the fact that Locke seemed to hint at the Island as doing a wish fullfillment thing.

I'm thinking there's still a ton that will be explained, even if we understand everything about the Hanso foundation and The Others.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, my personal take of Goodwin refering to not taking Nathan because he "wasn't good" didn't necessarily mean good in a moral sense but rather good for a certain cause or purpose. Perhaps some sort of utopian society.

Emmitt2222
11-17-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think what I really like about this show, is they give you clues or facts very covertly and quickly on the show. Example, two episodes ago in a flashback they show the young blonde Shannon, walking in the hospital where she finds her father died, for prob .5 sec on camera you see the lead character Jack walk by in his O.R. uniform. Very small pieces of info that you have to keep track of.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you watched the episode where Jack's future wife goes into the Hospital, they actually mention that the man next to her is Mr. [I forget her last name]. They also mention the same crash where an SUV went over a divider and hit his car. That is how they are all connected and why you see Jack walking away in the scene.

They have very subtle ways of connecting everyone on the island before they were there, such as Hurley owning Locke's box company. This may or may not become important later [possibly really important], but it is really interesting.

Dibs- I'm in on the club because people whine way too much about this show and continue to watch it, although I would probably bring down the overall intelligence of the group.

Voltron87
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

theres also the whole thing about locke being able to walk again.

Soul Daddy
11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you watched the episode where Jack's future wife goes into the Hospital, they actually mention that the man next to her is Mr. [I forget her last name]. They also mention the same crash where an SUV went over a divider and hit his car. That is how they are all connected and why you see Jack walking away in the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, Jack's future fiancee killed Shannon's father? Nice catch.

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs

[/ QUOTE ]
heh

B Dids
11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
My only issue there is that we don't know why he can't walk, so we can't view it as totally supernatural, whereas Walt like makes things die with his brain.

The three things I would really like to see in this show, as I earlier stated in IRC:

1- Jin to just use his gangster training and destroy fools

2- Walt to put on his wizard hat and robe and just start doing wizard [censored] at people. I'm just pretty sure stepping to Walt is not good times.

3- Jack being dead, Kate can go with him.

CollinEstes
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I would like to see a group of the bad-ass dudes like Jin, Eko, and some others gather weapons and start hunting others. Maybe even finding there society or something.

kenberman
11-17-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see a group of the bad-ass dudes like Jin, Eko, and some others gather weapons and start hunting others. Maybe even finding there society or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin was also a CTU agent in 24 Season 3, so he's certainly up to the task

Voltron87
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin was also a CTU agent in 24 Season 3, so he's certainly up to the task

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i noticed this too. awesome.

jstnrgrs
11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the parallel that I drew, which worries me, is X Files. for the first few seasons, X Files was the best drama/action/sci-fi show on TV. the alien/conspiracy plot line was very interesting, and trying to figure it all out kept viewers tuning in. problem was, instead of letting viewers figure it out, they just kept adding more and more questions/problems, and it got the point that there were so many contradictions that the writers could no longer answer all the questions. the show basically crashed and burned, and many questions have not been answered (and it's basically too late to sort it all out).

I worry somewhat about these same things happening to Lost, but my sense is that the writers have a much better "long term" grasp of where the show needs to be. like another poster stated, what's critical is that the writers figure out the sweet spot for how many seasons the show should run, and write the rest of the episodes with this in mind. if they just keep dragging it out, it will turn into the X files. if they decide to take the high road and make one of the best 3-4 seasons shows ever, then I think the potential is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between LOST and The X-files is that LOST is a soap-opera type story line. In the X-files, most episodes could stand alone, even if there was a little connection to the "overall" storyline.

jstnrgrs
11-17-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats funny I was just in the process of starting a group called "Lost fans who hate Lost but still watch it every week".

I'm sure I could probably get atleast 100,00 other people in my boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I've been since the show started. I've often said that I hate this show, but I've never missed an episode.

11-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Pre-flight stuff/people with post-crash stuff/people.

So here's what I remember:

Sawyer got drunk with Jack's dad.
Hurly won the lottery with the island broadcasted numbers.
Jack ran with the bunker dude.
Hurly owns Locke's box company.
Jack's fiance killed Shannon's father in car accident.

These are way too random to not be important and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Add to the list.

holeplug
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dibs- I'm in on the club because people whine way too much about this show and continue to watch it, although I would probably bring down the overall intelligence of the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

People just like to bitch and nitpick about stuff for some reason even though they like the show. If they actually didn't like the show they would just stop watching it after a couple of weeks.

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree she had her suspicions confirmed while she was out alone w/ him. why not play dumb and go back to the group and confront him there? because she values her leadership and pride more than her own safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, every "other" has to be killed for the storyline - ow viewers would expect an interrogation thta gave a lot of answers.

11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

These are way too random to not be important and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Add to the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley and Locke's mother were in the same hospital
Hurley and Locke had the same boss at different places
The girl who picked the loto numbers was the same as the girl in the hotel room with sawyer

nolanfan34
11-17-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The girl who picked the loto numbers was the same as the girl in the hotel room with sawyer

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall either of these coincidences. I do remember that in one of Jin's flashback episodes, Hurley is on the news in the background regarding the lottery win.

Are we sure their boss was the same person each time?

B Dids
11-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Somebody claimed that Hurley's boss at the chicken place was also Locke's box at the paper factory.

MoreWineII
11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
I also have a love/hate relationship with this show.

11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
lotto/girl with sawyer (http://lost.cubit.net/pics/lottogirl.jpg)

the bosses, both named randy (http://lost.cubit.net/pics/randyvsrandy.jpg)

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That last one is obscure - you mean the girl on TV picking the numbers?

Ana Lucia talked to Jack at the airport bar.

11-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm in love with this show. I visit a really good forum where people are absoulutly obsessed with this show. Good theories posted, after-show talk, spoilers, all the goodies. I'm not sure if i can post the link or not, so if you want it PM me or what not

11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if, for some reason, the Hanso foundation had something to do with Hurley winning and getting everyone on the plane. I have no idea how and I dont care to hurt my brain thinking about it.

wonderwes
11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
What's all the info we have on Dharma and the symbol they use?

oreogod
11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Here is some intresting stuff from the producers:

The "Orientation" film's jarring jump cuts are actually what [Damon] Lindelof calls "missing pieces" that resulted when former hatch hermit Desmond spliced the broken movie back together after watching it too many times. Those missing pieces will become "very important plot points down the road." Lindelof confirms that Walt said, "Push the button. Don't push the button. Bad." Cuse admitted that Shannon's jungle encounter with Walt was a dream. Says Lindelof: "I think the audience is very compelled to figure out exactly where Desmond was running to and, once he gets there, what is he going to do. We told you that he was in a [ship] wreck, but I think there are a lot of questions about how exactly he came to be here. That's certainly a story on the horizon." "It's important to note," Lindelof says, "that we've never said when the plane crashed. I think the assumption is that it happened in 2004 when the show premiered, but we've never said that."

icepick
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Dharma_Initiative_Swan_Logo.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Dharma_Initiative_Arrow_Logo.gif

Plus the one on the shark.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Lostsharktail.jpg

KingCon
11-17-2005, 08:47 PM
In yesterdays USA TODAY, It claims that in next weeks epsiode that we find out Michelle Rodriguez' surprising pre crash occupation.

A NUN? That would be the only thing that would surprise me about her

icepick
11-17-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In yesterdays USA TODAY, It claims that in next weeks epsiode that we find out Michelle Rodriguez' surprising pre crash occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible spoiler:

<font color="white"> I heard she's a cop. </font>

11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I think I just saw Hurley at the Carolina Hurrincanes game sitting 1st row near the penalty boxes.

Voltron87
11-17-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just saw Hurley at the Carolina Hurrincanes game sitting 1st row near the penalty boxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm... what seat #?

11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard she was an online poker pro...

11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
The very first seat next to the penalty box. If your looking at the penalty boxes he is on the left side. 1st seat 1st row, and it looked like he hadn't shaved.

11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
The logo on the shark is the same as the one on all the food in the bunker.

ddubois
11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I beleive Sawyer and Boone (maybe someone else? Kate?) were at the same Australian police station at the same time.

If we are including encounters within the airport, there are several, but it seems highly inappropriate to include these in any list of 'strange coincidences'. At that point you may as well add "Omg, when Jack entered the plane, he saw Locke sitting in a row behind him! How eerie!"

11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I beleive Sawyer and Boone (maybe someone else? Kate?) were at the same Australian police station at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was just those two. Also, that reminds me that Sawyer was saying something like, "I just gave the guy his bottle back" or something like that. Maybe he was with Jack's dad when he died?

Also, the number 815 pops up a lot. It is the flight number, safety deposit box number, model of copier that Charlie demonstrates, and a part of the series of "the" numbers...

DukeSucks
11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Also, the same gold Bonneville hit both Michael and Locke.

wonderwes
11-17-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. That is a huge thing I missed. You saw the shark for like a full second the episode after they torched the raft.

Any one care to tie why the shark has a logo on it?

11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kate was at the same motel as the kids from the tail section.

Klepton
11-17-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. That is a huge thing I missed. You saw the shark for like a full second the episode after they torched the raft.

Any one care to tie why the shark has a logo on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a bunker dedicated to zoology. this is also probably where the polar bears came from.

Klepton
11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
i have to show you guys these sites, they are complete mind [censored]:

the hanso foundation (http://www.thehansofoundation.org/)
mega lotto jackpot (http://www.megalottojackpot.com)
marvin candle (http://www.marvincandle.com)

ozyman
11-17-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is a bunker dedicated to zoology. this is also probably where the polar bears came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was a manifestation of Walts powers, from reading the comic book with the polar bear in it.

Klepton
11-17-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was a manifestation of Walts powers, from reading the comic book with the polar bear in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe the others on the boat were in control of the parapsychology facility, and becuase walt has 'special' powers, they kidnapped him.

also on the hansofoundation website, walt abilities in the past episode sounds alot like the "accelerated remote viewing" experiment.

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In case anyone doesn't notice, there is an invisible link to the Dharma initiative there in the first one.

11-17-2005, 10:43 PM
I have two questions.

1. By any chance, is there anyone here who knows whether the polar bear had a dharma logo on it like the shark did.

2. What does Namaste mean? It was on the marvin candle site and it is on the hanso foundation site.

11-17-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the same gold Bonneville hit both Michael and Locke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kate also crashed into a gold bonneville.

11-17-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In case anyone doesn't notice, there is an invisible link to the Dharma initiative there in the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the video they watch in the hatch? It wont play for me /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Klepton
11-17-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the secret on the hanso site is in the life extension project. clikc on the last sentence, and type 'Copenhagen ' into the password (case sensitive)

there are wayaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too many secrets on the marvin candle site. a friend of mine who is a cs major is going through all the source code right jnow trying to figure stuff out. so far the only interesting thing we have found is some morse code and some really freaky pictures.

RacersEdge
11-17-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the video they watch in the hatch? It wont play for me /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the one with Candle in it.

wonderwes
11-17-2005, 10:58 PM
The writers did have a field day with this show. Lots of good infos from 2+2.

Why would there be such an interest in children? Walt was taken by the random people on the fishing boat, and the two kids were taken from this week's episode. You possibly think somehow Claire's new baby will tie in, esp since the crazy Amazon woman stole her in the last episode of season1.

I am more curious on the generator/doomsday device that they discovered in the bunker.

ozyman
11-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Does anyone else remember the body that they found near their water source (I think it was Jack), it had 2 stones with it, one black one white. It seemed so random at the time and they haven't even given any second notice.

Is it possible that the Others who grabbed Walt are an opposing group from the others who wear the robes?

dblgutshot
11-17-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why would there be such an interest in children? Walt was taken by the random people on the fishing boat, and the two kids were taken from this week's episode. You possibly think somehow Claire's new baby will tie in, esp since the crazy Amazon woman stole her in the last episode of season1.

I am more curious on the generator/doomsday device that they discovered in the bunker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it said that they took the children because they were "good"?

Klepton
11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it said that they took the children because they were "good"?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that the others who took people from the tail section were different than the others who took walt. the others who took walt had much more technology (guns, boat, bombs). goodwin's others are most likely in charge of the 'juxtapositional eugenics development institute' (or 'jedi' for short), which closely resembles the "utopian society" that marvin candle talks about in the orientation video.

also the tail section had never heard those whispers before, but they just assumed it was the others.

and even though we have no clue where ethan is from, i'm leaning towards the utopian society others. he first shows up in episode 9, and he shares the same characteristics of goodwin and the savage others.

so to conclude - teddy bear kids are with utopian society others, walt is with parapsychology others.

11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the secret on the hanso site is in the life extension project. clikc on the last sentence, and type 'Copenhagen ' into the password (case sensitive)

there are wayaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too many secrets on the marvin candle site. a friend of mine who is a cs major is going through all the source code right jnow trying to figure stuff out. so far the only interesting thing we have found is some morse code and some really freaky pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we get to these pictures?

ozyman
11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Damn you seem to be on the ball.

wonderwes
11-17-2005, 11:21 PM
On that marvincandle site there is this .gif file. Its running on a 20 sec loop, so you only see the text for a quick bit (near the end of the 20 sec loop). Here it is (its between the lines, wait for it)

==========
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/wonderwes/namaste.gif
==========

Klepton
11-17-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we get to these pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

here are the pictures that we found... i'll try to be brief with my opinions.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/pam.jpg
looks like a map of norway and oslo but upsidedown and reversed.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/alam.jpg
a rope? rosarie beads?

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/monddes.jpg
looks like a duck or platypus. the img is called monddes, which when googled, is a type of species of duck.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/eldnacnivram.jpg
one of the more interesting pictures, this picture (img is called eldnacnivram = marvin candle backwards), when rotated clockwise, shows weird charctaers next to their morse code counterparts. there are all 26 letters and numbers, and even german characters. this looks like a key for this image:

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/108.jpg
no idea what this says, but it's damn entertaining.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/edud.jpg
a picture of marvin candle from the video upsidedown and extremely distorted

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/4815162342.jpg
this img is titled 4815162342. that giant blob (northeast of aus) looks like the location of the island.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/agamess.jpg
this last image is the best. so far we read it as "don't think of a XXXXXX fear" if anyone has photoshop skills and thinks they can clean this up to be readable, that would be awesome.

wow i should be playing poker.

11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I typed out a post about some of the pictures from the site but klepto sorta beat me to it.

LAGmaniac
11-17-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On that marvincandle site there is this .gif file. Its running on a 20 sec loop, so you only see the text for a quick bit (near the end of the 20 sec loop). Here it is (its between the lines, wait for it)

==========
==========

[/ QUOTE ]

4EVER LIVE BACK
shannon boone
BACK social
CRISIS failed box clone DEAD KILL spell trap ALL knows 108 alive Hanso Locke spell

11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The megalotto site isn't legit. Apparently, some fans of the show put that one out there. Source (http://news.com.com/2100-1026_3-5918146.html?tag=st.prev)

11-17-2005, 11:47 PM
At the bottom of the Candle website, there is a latin statement and a pig latin statement.

"Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior." translates to "Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes."

"eturnray ehay illway eshay illway" translates to "return he will hes will.

buffett
11-18-2005, 12:28 AM
I think it's "she will" in the pig latin part.

On the marvincandle website, it says at the top that it was handed over to a guy named Lars Navaho, which is an anagram for Alvar Hanso.

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this last image is the best. so far we read it as "don't think of a XXXXXX fear" if anyone has photoshop skills and thinks they can clean this up to be readable, that would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] it says "Don't think of a White bear"

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Dude these pics have secret captions on them.

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Captions:

Pam Map

MALA108

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/monddes.jpg

What did one bunny do to the other bunny?

Koreans know best.

What the vikings knew may be valuable where you least expect it.

http://195.3566308/q%75%61%63%6b%6d%63%64%75%63%6b/abc/x/edud.jpg

(none)

GPS

Don't think of it.
Your own thoughts can destroy yourself.

-------
Whoa.

buffett
11-18-2005, 01:28 AM
I don't follow....I see how "map" is "pam" backward, but where did you get the viking quote and the other stuff?

scott8
11-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Can someone explain very briefly how this website relates to the show?

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't follow....I see how "map" is "pam" backward, but where did you get the viking quote and the other stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude it was by accident. I opened them up in Picassa and it displays "captions" for pics if they have them. Some of them show up if you look at the file properties, but not all of them. I don't fully get it myself.

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/8610/caption6dz.jpg

buffett
11-18-2005, 01:39 AM
wow, google/picasa to the rescue. have you spent much time on the oceanic-air.com site? more cool stuff there, like hidden text behind yellow "all flights cancelled" box and "Giveus THE BOY" slightly-hidden message on the "track flight" screen and my personal favorite the seating chart after you click on "book flight."

buffett
11-18-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain very briefly how this website relates to the show?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really know, but it seems like it's part of the Dharma Project somehow. They sure did figure out a lot of ways to write 4 8 15 16 23 42 at the bottom.

nolanfan34
11-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I think a lot of this online stuff is mostly red herrings, but either way, keep it coming, this stuff is great! I hadn't seen these pics before, very interesting.

scott8
11-18-2005, 01:53 AM
So the website was created to add more mystery to the show?

By the people associated with the show?

Its all so confusing /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Websites affialiated with the show all have an abc disclaimer linked on them. The rest are just fan sites.

ddubois
11-18-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So the website was created to add more mystery to the show?

By the people associated with the show?

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly!

[ QUOTE ]
Its all so confusing /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently not.

Klepton
11-18-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of this online stuff is mostly red herrings, but either way, keep it coming, this stuff is great! I hadn't seen these pics before, very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly true, but the fact that these guys go to great lengths just to keep us absolutely clueless is awesome.

wonderwes
11-18-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Captions:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.worldwildlife.org/expeditions/borneo/images/map_2_large.jpg

This looks really close. Island of Boreno. North part is Malaysia, south part is Indonesia.

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Captions:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/3416/scandinavia0qj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

looks more like scandinavia to me

Klepton
11-18-2005, 02:39 AM
this thread is really starting to get serious, keep it up.

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Captions:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/3416/scandinavia0qj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

looks more like scandinavia to me

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a red herring but the dot in the center of the top image apears to be Lake Storsjon in Sweeden which is known for it's
sea monster sightings (http://www.exn.ca/Stories/1998/08/17/54.asp) http://www.exn.ca/news/images/1998/08/17/19980817-monstermapbig.jpg

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Viking Alphabet (Anglo-Saxon Runic) http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/asrunes.gif

The image translates to: noruic???

I must be missing something

EDIT: found this (http://www.townindex.info/sites/norwich/history/history01.html)

History of Norwich Page 1
Doomsday Book

The city name is derived from Norij, changing to Norowic in Anglo-Saxon times to Noruic (means North Town)

wonderwes
11-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Wow, I just checked out that lost forum early in the thread. Those people got it down to a science.

[ QUOTE ]
The actual aircraft used in the show was an L-1011 N783DL11 production model 1009 the 9th L1011 built and first flew June 12, 1972. This aircraft was originally delivered to Eastern airlines as N308EA. The aircraft was later stored in the Mojave desert in early 1991 and purchased 7 months later by Delta. Delta re-registered the aircraft as N783DL and flew it for six and half years before storing it in Victorville and later back in the Mojave.

In early 2004, the aircraft was purchased by Aviation Warehouse, a company that specializes in aviation props for television and movie production.

You may never see the rear of the aircraft or tail section since the rear portion of the aircraft remained in California. The forward part of the aircraft was broken up and shipped to Hawaii for filming. The aircraft parts were loaded up on barge for the long trip across the ocean to Hawaii.

The Tri-Power L-1011 had a range from 2,870 to 5260 nautical miles.

The drug plane of choice used to be the Douglas DC3 (Dakota) which had a top speed of 170 MPH, a ceiling of 24,000 feet and a range of 900 miles with a 24,000 lb payload. First flown in 1935 this rugged aircraft is still flown today in some third word countries and even used here in California as a parachute jumping platform.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Koreans know best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Korean Morse Code

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~dik/english/codes/morse/morse06.gif

from here (http://homepages.cwi.nl/~dik/english/codes/morse.html)

wonderwes
11-18-2005, 04:16 AM
Check out this map. Some guy made it. No clue if it's correct.

http://www.geocities.com/sltp2004/lostmap.JPG

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

MALA108

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.chanzen.com/store/files/master/stock_malas/t_451.jpg

Buddhist mantra counting beads, taken from Why are there 108 beads on a Mala? (http://swamij.com/108.htm)

ClaytonN
11-18-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

MALA108

[/ QUOTE ]

linky link shabangabang (http://www.jlrocken.com/tanbonmal108.html)

ChipWrecked
11-18-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Dharma_Initiative_Swan_Logo.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Dharma_Initiative_Arrow_Logo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Korean flag, 1893:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/kr_1893a.gif

The lines are I-Ching trigrams.

Eurotrash
11-18-2005, 04:57 AM
whoa, I hadn't checked this thread in a while assuming is was random banter about the show. This stuff is pure gold. awesome work guys, keep it up.

now I have to start scouring the net for more leads on this /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ChipWrecked
11-18-2005, 05:02 AM
108 stitches on a baseball, that's been mentioned somewhere here, right?

uw_madtown
11-18-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
108 stitches on a baseball, that's been mentioned somewhere here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers are also all jersey numbers retired by the Yankees, IIRC.

11-18-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kate was at the same motel as the kids from the tail section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael and Locke were both hit by a gold Bonneville. Kate ran into a gold Bonneville.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley stayed at the same hotel as Charlie and possibly Walt/Michael.

lastsamurai
11-18-2005, 05:30 AM
There has to be a connection with buddhism...There are three levels of buddhism...buddah <font color="red"> dharma</font> and sanga...

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Viking Alphabet (Anglo-Saxon Runic) http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/asrunes.gif

The image translates to: noruic???

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it must be Narvic a town in Norway, information from here (http://lost-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-16441.html)
Top picture is Modern day Narvic, the bottom is from the Dharma Initiative video

http://home.no/zuco/stuff/lost/Narvik2.jpg

jeffraider
11-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Check out the oceanic-air.com site! First of all, in the banner at the top it's a picture of the island, and you can see a plume of smoke shooting up on the right side. The boat pictured on the left side could either be the Others boat at the end of Season 1 or the raft even maybe. I zoomed in as much as I could but it got too pixely to make out.

Also, I highlighted the text and copy-pasted it and here's what I found written behind the little press release thing:

"
If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents.
"

Any clue on who Sally is?

There's also a bunch of creepy flash stuff in the Track a Flight section. Some of the seats turn green and you can click on them to see some spooky ass animations. Except Rose's seat, mind you, that one turns red. Oh and if you click on Pre-board Check-in and turn ETHAN ROM into OTHER MAN it plays a quick little video too.

Cool stuff!

RacersEdge
11-18-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's also a bunch of creepy flash stuff in the Track a Flight section. Some of the seats turn green and you can click on them to see some spooky ass animations. Except Rose's seat, mind you, that one turns red.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was clicking through that seating chart last night - almost had a heart attack when I clicked on the Locke seat.

buffett
11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
almost had a heart attack when I clicked on the Locke seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, me too. anyone figure out what the map with the french writing is (that pops up on the right when you click on shannon's seat)?

CrazyEyez
11-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm reasonably sure DERB and Abdul are going to show up on the island in one of the next few episodes.

turnipmonster
11-18-2005, 01:17 PM
old news. who did you think the others were?

MoreWineII
11-18-2005, 01:29 PM
i hadn't seen the websites...cool stuff

vulturesrow
11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm reasonably sure DERB and Abdul are going to show up on the island in one of the next few episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was funny. Nice job.

KingCon
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
If you go to the main page of the oceanic airlines website.Go to the bottom where it says travlers, and you will see the lottery numbers where it lists the number of adults,seniors,youths etc for the flight

Emmitt2222
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
This is really good stuff, especially the Norway connection which means nothing to me, but is a perfect match. I was just wondering where you guys get your info. Do you just look up all this stuff yourselves or talk with people on messageboards? Sometimes I visited Losttv-forum.com, but even though they had some great discussion, it was also filled with lots of useless crap.

kenberman
11-18-2005, 03:44 PM
a lot of this stuff must be planted by Lost/ABC staff on fan forums.

I mean, who the hell could have come up with that Norwegian town comparison picture? it's a real longshot that any Lost fan figured that out.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I mean, who the hell could have come up with that Norwegian town comparison picture? it's a real longshot that any Lost fan figured that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure there are alot of people on those forums that devote a crazy amount of their time to searching for clues about lost. But I agree that is a long-shot.

MoreWineII
11-18-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure there are alot of people on those forums that devote a crazy amount of their time to searching for clues about lost. But I agree that is a long-shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

im getting caught up in it too...i spent a good half hour today looking at those sites. i went from not caring about the show, to renting season one on dvd, to watching season two, to browsing websites...

gawd dammit.

wonderwes
11-18-2005, 05:37 PM
The worst thing that could happen (and has happened with other shows) they build and build plot development for a couple seasons. Then "if" the raitings go downhill (possible for any show, look at freaking Ally Mcbeal show on FOX, emmy 2nd year, cancelled by the 5th) they will have the show finale.

So whenever that future finale comes, either it will still be riding its popularity peak, or after several years, the public interest is less. The ending might be great and people don't stop talking about it, or they come with a sub par ending that kinda is a letdown.

So don't be surprised if the ride through the show is better than the conclusion of the series. A couple years after watching the show's run, we will know all the multiple ?'s in the series. Either we will be impressed or disappointed.

This also goes to show you how cool the internet is. All this freaking info, websites, easter eggs, subconcious clues, etc. I would have NEVER realized the shark had a Dharma logo on it if it was not for this thread.

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Klepton found the image off the Marvin Candle site and CrazyEyez found that caption mentoning the vikings. I just typed "viking alphabet" into goole to try to find the translation, (there are several different alphabets apparently.

I came across the Narvic connection when looking for information about the morse code image. Somebody on one of those Lost forums had been decoding morse code messages off of www.bigspaceship.com (http://www.bigspaceship.com) which was linked from the Hanso site and one of the messages was "Narvic for life"

I did a search for "Narvic lost" and found that site with the picture comparison. It looks like Lost is on in Norway and somebody there figured it out and passed it on to a Norwegian TV station (http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/10/07/445691.html).

RacersEdge
11-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I saw the map of Norway, but what is the connection to the Lost plot??

leehrat
11-18-2005, 07:11 PM
ana lucia's ass looks like a man's..give me misty may's badunkadunk any day over that

lotus776
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
both are played by the same character and have the same name, what more evidense does anyone need?

LAGmaniac
11-18-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that Dharma initiative video (http://www.thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html)was shot in Norway

MasterShakes
11-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Do you all have any indication at all that the Marvin Candle site is an official site?

Klepton
11-18-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you all have any indication at all that the Marvin Candle site is an official site?

[/ QUOTE ]

i got it off the imdb lost forums, and i believe somewhere it has an official abc terms and conditions, but i could be wrong.

11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that Dharma initiative video (http://www.thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html)was shot in Norway

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Candle might have a prosthetic arm also. His left arm never moves in the video...

shant
11-18-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
www.bigspaceship.com (http://www.bigspaceship.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. A few of my friends are web designers at this company. I had no idea they were working on this stuff. I'm gonna ask them some questions tonight.

Klepton
11-18-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Candle might have a prosthetic arm also. His left arm never moves in the video...

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't want to open this up, but people are starting to say that this is montand, the guy is russeau's group who also lost his arm.

also if you remember, russeau said she came over on a science expedition, so i wonder which sector she was in charge of.

jasonHoldEm
11-19-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this img is titled 4815162342. that giant blob (northeast of aus) looks like the location of the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a post about this a few weeks ago, I can't claim the original theory, but if you map it out they're lat/long coordinates.

(4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42)

Lat: 4.815
Long: 162.342

mapquest, you might have to zoom out (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&amp;formtype=latlong&amp;latlon gtype=decimal&amp;latitude=4.815&amp;longitude=162.342)

jasonHoldEm
11-19-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
==========
==========

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it means anything but I pulled it apart in photoshop, it's made of 301 layers, the first 268 are blank, once the words start they build on one another (i.e. the first image is just the word, the second image has a new word on top of the previous words, etc).

1-268: blank (transparent)
269: "4EVER" in red
270: "LIVE" in red (on top of previous words in black)
271: "BACK" in red (on top of previous words in black)
272-276: Previous words in black on top of one another
277: "shannon" in red (on top of previous words in black)
278: "boone" in red (on top of previous words in black)
279: previous words in black on top of one another
280: "BACK" in red (on top of previous words in black)
281: "social" in red (on top of previous words in black)
282-286: previous words in black on top of one another
287: "CRISIS" in red (on top of previous words in black)
288: "failed" in red (on top of previous words in black)
289: "box" in red (on top of previous words in black)
290: "clone" in red (on top of previous words in black)
291: "DEAD" in red (on top of previous words in black)
292: "KILL" in red (on top of previous words in black)
293: "spell" in red (on top of previous words in black)
294: "trap" in red (on top of previous words in black)
295: "ALL" in red (on top of previous words in black)
296: "knows" in red (on top of previous words in black)
297: "108" in red (on top of previous words in black)
298: "alive" in red (on top of previous words in black)
299: "Hanso" in red (on top of previous words in black)
300: "Locke" in red (on top of previous words in black)
301: "spell" in red (on top of previous words in black)

EDIT: The previous words don't seem to appear in the actual image...shows what I know about photoshop.

rusty JEDI
11-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Just found something not previously mentioned.

Go to the oceanic-air.com website and then to the seat chart. The rows are listed 1-42. Click them in the order of 4,8,15,16,23,42. It tells you a thing saying "they are NOT the survivors." Then opens a new page that looks extremely promising, and i will start to check out.

rJ

rusty JEDI
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Meh, not that special but worth a look. They dont seem to expand on the NOT survivors part.

rJ

rusty JEDI
11-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Correct me if im wrong.

Jack Kate and Charlie found the fuselage in season 1 with the live pilot. This is when they found out the radio had gone dead and they turned around. Therefore the search crews would not know where to look.

Now in last weeks episode, didnt the people from the tail section seem to know this information. I think one of the ladies mentioned it being the reason why they dont need a signal fire. How did she know that info without talking to the pilot who was alive after the crash allowing Jack and his side know.

Another question I have. Why is Rose's husband on the other side of the island. Shouldnt they have been sitting together on the plane?

rJ

rusty JEDI
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
In case anyone missed it. In the last episode Rose's husband (cant remember his name) was talking into the radio and was like we're the survivors of flight 815, then the guy on the other end was saying he was one of the survivors then (the highly overrated by oot) anna lucia made him shut it off.

The person on the other end was Boone, when he was up in the plane full of drugs before it fell.

rJ

RacersEdge
11-19-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if im wrong.

Jack Kate and Charlie found the fuselage in season 1 with the live pilot. This is when they found out the radio had gone dead and they turned around. Therefore the search crews would not know where to look.

Now in last weeks episode, didnt the people from the tail section seem to know this information. I think one of the ladies mentioned it being the reason why they dont need a signal fire. How did she know that info without talking to the pilot who was alive after the crash allowing Jack and his side know.

Another question I have. Why is Rose's husband on the other side of the island. Shouldnt they have been sitting together on the plane?

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the pilot made some type of announcement on the plane.

Rose's husband was in the bathroom in the back of the plane.

RacersEdge
11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, not that special but worth a look. They dont seem to expand on the NOT survivors part.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

NOt sure what has been said here. Some things I found:

Sayed's passport = he was born in 1969, so this all taking place in 2004 seems right - but a director said don;t be sure the year was 2004.

Rose's red seat.

Beside Roses seat, I clicked and got a vodka (?) bottle danccing around the screen. (??)

Ana Lucia was supposed to be in 42F - which doesn't exist.

Fight 815 at the bottom changes to Flight 777.

Eurotrash
11-19-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

NOt sure what has been said here. Some things I found:

Sayed's passport = he was born in 1969, so this all taking place in 2004 seems right - but a director said don;t be sure the year was 2004.

Rose's red seat.

Beside Roses seat, I clicked and got a vodka (?) bottle danccing around the screen. (??)

Ana Lucia was supposed to be in 42F - which doesn't exist.

Fight 815 at the bottom changes to Flight 777.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to find all the hidden stuff the other day. I think i got most of them.

seat 42F does exist. refresh the seating chart and click on the little blinking F, then look at the rear of the seating chart. Ana Lucia's seat will be highlighted in green, click it. continue to click random seats and you'll notice more seats being highlighted in green or red. click on those for stuff to happen. also, the changing of Flight 815 to 777.. if you'll look really carefully (this happens after you click Jack's seat the first time) it flickers very briefly and says "flight815.com"

check out www.oceanicflight815.com (http://www.oceanicflight815.com) for some more Lost clips and general info. it's a cool site.

RacersEdge
11-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I clicked the flickering 42F, and ANa came up, but she is in 42D (I think) but here "tag" over her seat says 42F - the plane is not 6 across in row 42 IOW.

I just found this by clicking on passenger list (I think):

ETHAN ROM

which is an anagram for OTHER MAN. (I guess we knew this already.)

Nevermind, 42F is there - I was counting wrong.

Ten7offsuit
11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if im wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lady who mentioned this was a stewardess on the plane.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Poached from IMDB:

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it really does look like the bunker we've seen was shown to us as TWO different times.

Compare these 2 images and you will notice different style lamps in the dining room.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3865/lamp1mof1xs.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6504/lamp1adrift4ky.jpg

Now these 2 of the Dharma logo on the wall
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1041/wallmof3ar.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7627/walladrift8ch.jpg

Now for the stereo and record collection
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2240/cabinetmof1sz.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4072/cabinetadrift7nu.jpg

Now lets look at the living room lamp
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7553/lamp2mof4tj.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6496/lamp2adrift7em.jpg

11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poached from IMDB:

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it really does look like the bunker we've seen was shown to us as TWO different times.

Compare these 2 images and you will notice different style lamps in the dining room.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3865/lamp1mof1xs.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6504/lamp1adrift4ky.jpg

Now these 2 of the Dharma logo on the wall
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1041/wallmof3ar.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7627/walladrift8ch.jpg

Now for the stereo and record collection
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2240/cabinetmof1sz.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4072/cabinetadrift7nu.jpg

Now lets look at the living room lamp
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7553/lamp2mof4tj.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6496/lamp2adrift7em.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like all of the first pictures take place in a much cleaner and nicer bunker, in which episode did we see them?

kenberman
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't get it.

how could it be 2 different bunkers?

B Dids
11-22-2005, 11:26 PM
The clean stuff is from the very beginning of the first epp of the season. The way it was shot makes you think it was present day, where the guy runs and grabs his gun upon hearing the hatch blown open.

The dirty images are from the next epp, when Jack, Kate and Locke see the hatch.

All this really means is that what we saw at the start of the first epp of the season is likely a flashback.

jacki
11-22-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The clean stuff is from the very beginning of the first epp of the season. The way it was shot makes you think it was present day, where the guy runs and grabs his gun upon hearing the hatch blown open.

The dirty images are from the next epp, when Jack, Kate and Locke see the hatch.

All this really means is that what we saw at the start of the first epp of the season is likely a flashback.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never saw the guy's face in the first episode either. I bet it wasn't the Aussie guy Jack had met, but maybe the person the Aussie guy replaced.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 11:39 PM
That would be a good assumption.

Also, if it wasn't the hatch blowing open that 'cause him to grab a gun and run, what was it?

jacki
11-22-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That would be a good assumption.

Also, if it wasn't the hatch blowing open that 'cause him to grab a gun and run, what was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Aussie guy stumbling into some other entrance into the hatch would be my guess.

CrazyEyez
11-23-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting, but when the guy was startled and looking through the camera or whatever, the view panned from him down the hallway and up the ladder to the hatch where Locke and Jack were staring down.

dblgutshot
11-23-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Interesting, but when the guy was startled and looking through the camera or whatever, the view panned from him down the hallway and up the ladder to the hatch where Locke and Jack were staring down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pan doesn't exactly prove anything. It could simply be a transition showing its the same place at a differnet time. Unlikely IMO, but IMO I don't think this is a big part of the storyline, but I could be wrong

nolanfan34
11-23-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pan doesn't exactly prove anything. It could simply be a transition showing its the same place at a differnet time. Unlikely IMO, but IMO I don't think this is a big part of the storyline, but I could be wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I dismissed this possibility at the time. But looking at those pics, there are a lot of discrepencies between the various photos.

Remember though that the first scene from Man of Faith did include a shot of the newer washer and dryer in the background. So if it was a flashback, it couldn't have been too far in the past.