PDA

View Full Version : Obsession with cats

aba20
11-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Why are so many people obsessed with cats on this forum. I see cats with guns, cats attacking children, cats jumping into walls, and just fruity pictures of cats. One person's screen name is IHateCats. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject.

Equal
11-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I suspect poker players would more likely be cat people than dog people.

11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Why would you think that? Do you see common attributes?

Would you say "cat" people are better/worse players?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

whiskeytown
11-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I believe a lot of people have infatuation with cats because at their core, cats are still wild animals and one step from being feral.

Leave a cat on his own, he hunts, takes care of himself, and generally has no problems - dogs would die -

dogs defer to the leader of the pack without question. Nazi's did studies where they'd maim a dog to within an inch of it's life, but it's still lick the hand of the owner. Cats won't go for that crap.

And for all their appreciation by women, I think most of us like them because at the end of the day, they revert back to wild habits very easily - they're barely domesticated, and I think a lot of 2+2'ers can appreciate that sort of independance -

In the end, if you have a cat who wants your attention, you've probably earned it's trust - it's a more giving form of affection. Dogs will just wag their damn tail at anyone.

RB

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-17-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe a lot of people have infatuation with cats because at their core, cats are still wild animals and one step from being feral.

Leave a cat on his own, he hunts, takes care of himself, and generally has no problems - dogs would die -

dogs defer to the leader of the pack without question. Nazi's did studies where they'd maim a dog to within an inch of it's life, but it's still lick the hand of the owner. Cats won't go for that crap.

And for all their appreciation by women, I think most of us like them because at the end of the day, they revert back to wild habits very easily - they're barely domesticated, and I think a lot of 2+2'ers can appreciate that sort of independance -

In the end, if you have a cat who wants your attention, you've probably earned it's trust - it's a more giving form of affection. Dogs will just wag their damn tail at anyone.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Were i suddenly shrunk down to 4 inches tall, my cat would not hesitate to kill me and eat me. For some reason, I find that pretty cool.

uuDevil
11-17-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Were i suddenly shrunk down to 4 inches tall, my cat would not hesitate to kill me and eat me. For some reason, I find that pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
My cat isn't intimidated by my size. Fortunately she has been slowed down by old age, but I still keep her food bowl full just in case I die in my sleep....

MicroBob
11-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Sorry...don't know what you mean.

MikeSmith
11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-17-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't know where I heard this but here it is...

"We like dogs because the remind us of what we are, but we like cats because they remind of what we'd like to be."

11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect poker players would more likely be cat people than dog people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

NJchick
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Cats just plain rule.

Cats are independent creatures. The least independent cat is more independent than the most independent dog. Cats exude an aura of self-confidence, of mastery over their territory and its inhabitants. Most cats do not deign to obey commands, and if they do, pleasing a human is probably the last thing on their minds. Fido is driven to fit into a family hierarchy; Felix could care less as long as his basic needs are met.

Cats are physically and mentally capable of exploring their surroundings in great detail. Dogs are physically clumsy in comparison, for their bodies are not as agile and they are mentally tuned to different stations — they concentrate on dominance and submission, play, and keeping track of the people in their lives instead of exploration.

NJC

11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
All of these things listed that are great about cats are certainly true. They're also reasons why I don't like them as pets. I want a big goofy dog that is happy and does what he's told. I don't want something that's independent, etc around the house. My wife backtalks me enough. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

URMeowed
11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
meow?

PJS
11-19-2005, 03:11 PM
What can I say? I just love pussy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-19-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say? I just love pussy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It took almost 3 full days for someone to finally get around to this! OOT would've had it nailed on the first reply. You guys are so slow! Jeeze.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif