PDA

View Full Version : getting snapped off by a wild man

casper
06-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Playing a 10-20 after a tournament.

Snap-off #1.

Four limpers in the hand, wild man on the button calls. I have AKo in the BB, no reason to raise and build these chip horny people a pot to chase. Flop comes:

K63 rainbow

I bet, folded to the button who raises, I three bet, he caps. He could be just about anywhere here: set of sixes, threes, K6, K3, 45 looking for a free card. I check to him intending to call him down. Turn comes:

9 to complete the rainbow.

I check, he checks- smells like 45.

River comes 8.

I bet, he raises... wtf? Any guesses what he had?

Snapoff #2.

Wild man open raises from UTG +2 two callers to me. I call with AcKc, bb compelets. 5 see the flop of:

5Q6 one club on board.

Wild bets folded to me, I call, heads up.

Turn is the K of diamonds.

Wild bets, I raise, he calls.

River is 7.

Wild bets out, I call. What did he beat me with this time?

lefty rosen
06-27-2003, 12:06 AM
He seems to be playing you not the cards? Whatever those chips are flowing south if he keeps up this erratic play....

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Hand #1 - 93o
Hand #2 - 75o

Was he wearing a cap that said CAPTAIN?

DJA
06-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Ok, I can kind of see not raising in hand #1 with AKo... I still would, but I can comprehend some of the arguments for not doing it, but AcKc... completing... please. That is weak ass poker.

I suspect you were getting worked over, and you must have started to become gun shy. When this is the case it is time to get up from the table and take a break.

I don't know what you got snapped off by, but I suspect in both hands the maniac hits his 2 pair on the river.

But if I am right, on hand #2 you let the maniac have a cheap preflop play, he then out flops you, you then out turn him, and then he rivers you. Oh well you got unlucky by getting lucky on the turn.

Just My Thoughts,

casper
06-27-2003, 02:23 PM
You're right DJA I should have made it three preflop in the second hand, but it wouldn't have mattered he still would have been there on the river.

First hand: wildman had 88 for the rivered set. He said he would have folded if I bet out the turn, but I don't think theres a snowballs chance in hell he would have.

Second hand: wildman had 98 offsuit for the rivered gutshot straight. If he's not going to fold to my turn raise when he has zero what will he fold to?

I know this post was pretty worthless, but I just needed to vent.

CrackerZack
06-27-2003, 03:41 PM
why not raise PF in hand 2?

elysium
06-27-2003, 03:55 PM
hi casper
hand 1) 86
hand 2) 76