PDA

View Full Version : Two Pair Hand Advice

11-16-2005, 06:58 PM
4/8 live game, very loose passive
Preflop action: UTG limps, I limp with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Call, Call, fold, raise, fold, both blinds call, everyone else calls, 7 people see the flop. Note: the guy who raised here was raising every hand, he had showed down an T8 with which had three bet earlier.

Flop : Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, I bet, call, raise, fold around to me, I three bet, fold, Four bets, I call, Heads up to the turn.

What is my best plan of action for the remainder of this hand??

bungyrocks
11-16-2005, 07:29 PM
that really depends on what the turn is.
if it is a blank then continue your aggression until he shows enough strength to warrant just calling down. With your read this point might be a turn cap. this is where a solid read really helps.

Jake (The Snake)
11-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Depends on just how crazy aggro this guy is. Could you see him capping that flop with just a ten? With just a queen?

I know one thing though, I am getting to showdown here.

11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
The turn came 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The Dude
11-16-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very loose passive

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
the guy who raised here was raising every hand, he had showed down an T8 with which had three bet earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]
A game with even one of these hosers in it doesn't fit my description of "very loose passive" (for the stake you're playing at). My default is to fold QJo in EP even with one limper in loose passive games.

That said, this flop looks pretty scary to be pumping with top two pair. The turn card is going to drastically change the equity you have in this pot, so I'd wait until the turn to put in a check-raise. (Betting the flop is fine, methinks.)

Check-call the turn if it's a scare card, check-raise it if it's a blank.

11-16-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn came 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That means check and call time on the turn and the river unless you improve. Also listen to the post by the dude, everything he says on every street is spot on.