PDA

View Full Version : Tough situation in 2 table sit and go

curtains
06-26-2003, 04:10 PM
2 table sit and go on stars, 7 players left and the blinds are 75-150. (average stack is about 3300) I have 2700 in chips and have 88 second to act. Im first to open and raise to 450, and the button, who has a huge stack of 5500 calls me. The flop comes J92 with 2 clubs........what to do what to do?

cferejohn
06-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Boy do I get in trouble on hands like this. Its really hard for me not to bet here. I'd feel like my stack is small enough that I have to take a shot at this pot and bet out something like 850. I'd fold to an all-in re-raise. Not a great situation, but it sure seems better than check-folding. If you do this, make sure you make a similar bet when you do flop something and then call an all-in re-raise.

I find that a bet on the flop after a preflop raise wins the pot often enough to be profitable (even without considering that it might get me a call later when I make a similar bet with a better hand).

Chris

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-26-2003, 04:55 PM
This is one of those instinct/read situations. What would a typical player call your preflop raise with? Small/medium pair, big suited connector, Suited Ace? If you bet is he the type who would raise with 77? Agony!

My default play is to bet, whether it's 900 or all-in would be player dependent.

MikeBandy
06-29-2003, 06:10 AM
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif This is probably a question I should ask in the Beginner's Forum, but what does "sit and go" mean? TIA

redsimon
06-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Sit and go = a tourny, usually 1 or 2 tables where there is no fixed start time. The tourny starts when the table fills.

hope this helps /forums/images/icons/smile.gif