PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 at the Bike

DaBartman
06-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi guys (and Gals).
Would appreciate comments on play of hand last night.

Game 10-20. Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in SB. MP (guy I know well who limps with all kind of hands and is difficult to bet off his hand if he has so much as third pair) limps, Button limps. I limp. Flop comes J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Check, bet, raise. I three bet knowing MP will bet any pair in this spot and also knowing button will raise with an 8 to drop me. MP hems & haws then mucks. Button calls. Turn is 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Bet, call. River 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . Bet, call. What did MP lay down? Was value bet on river correct? Button plays well.

Zele
06-26-2003, 05:38 PM
I don't agree with your play on the flop. Did you intend to value-bet, or was this a semi-bluff? The odds of your hand being good with that kind of action in back of you don't seem to justify entering a pot that small, particularly in first position. A semi-bluff would also seem misguided, as the chances of both of them laying down are slim to none, particularly given the information you've supplied about MP.