PDA

View Full Version : $11-77 on Bubble

kevkev60614
11-16-2005, 06:11 PM
A little bit of content so our admins don't have aneurysms.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t4600)
SB (t2225)
Hero (t1340)
UTG (t5335)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t750</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1340</font>

Two problems:
1) Is this push good assuming a weak-tight SB, which was my read at the time?
2) Is this push good now that I know SB hasn't raised on any street since Level I?

Thanks to all in advance.

Edited because I need to pay more attention when I post.

bluef0x
11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Easy push, but what exactly is loose-tight?

Edit: I would call a push here- so going over the top for a chance w/him folding is even better.

kevkev60614
11-16-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly is loose-tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Edited.

durron597
11-16-2005, 06:33 PM
It's about breakeven for a range like: 33+,A7o+,A4s+,KTs+.

I think I would fold.

11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Is this push good assuming a weak-tight SB, which was my read at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you believe you have some fold-equity then you can get away with it.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Is this push good now that I know SB hasn't raised on any street since Level I?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're hoping for a race at best.

In conclusion, I fold due to tightness of SB, if he IS still playing weak-tight and not beginning to open up, he should give you his SB or you can push when he completes in future orbits, assuming nobody else enters the pot. I think there's still time to play here...

tigerite
11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
I would say you have two hopes that SB folds here, bob hope, and no hope. He's going to call you, for sure. You might as well consider as if he'd pushed all-in. If he folds at all, it's less than 5% and won't affect his range. I promise.

Basically, to make this call by ICM, even allowing for a slight -$EV here (let's say 0.2%?) to allow for the fact that you folding gives him 0.22 equity to your 0.12, and he being the next smallest stack this isn't too great, but far from awful. You would need to win just under half of the time against his range (I think it's 49% or something) to make this "profitable" against his range. If you put him on two overcards.. sure.. but you can't just put him on that.. you have to consider overpairs, too. That's why his range works out at about top 14%. (44+,A8o+,A6s+,KJs+)

It's far from a terrible push, but given he's been weak-tight, I wouldn't say his range would be far removed from 14%.. just pray he has overcards if you call and not 88+. It's a very close one this, and I could see arguments for both push or fold.