PDA

View Full Version : AQ Makes TP Q on Flop, Runner Runner Suits Come

TomBrooks
11-16-2005, 06:03 PM
First shot at 5/10. Pacific Full Ring, 10 handed.

BB is very loose. 60ish VPIP.
UTG was loose passive. 40ish VPIP
Early was new to table and unknown.

PREFLOP: Hero is in the Highjack with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG BETS, 1 fold, EP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero RAISES, 2 folds, SB folds, 3 calls.

FLOP: (8SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
Check, BET, E3 RAISES, Hero RE-RAISES, BB folds, UTG calls, E3 calls

TURN: (8.5BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)

Check, check, Hero RAISES, call, call.

RIVER: (11.5BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)

Check, check, Hero BETS, UTG folds, E3 RAISES, Hero calls.

Things I'm wondering about:
1. I thought about checking the river through but decided not to.
2. I figured I ought to call the river getting 14.5:1.
3. Anything else?

W. Deranged
11-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Whatever you do don't check the river. That's very weak poker.

As for folding to the river raise, who the hell knows... Against an unknown in a nearly 15 BB pot I probably look him up and don't feel bad about it, though I'm expecting to lose the vast majority of the time. Make a note of what he has.

TomBrooks
11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown in a nearly 15 BB pot I probably look him up and don't feel bad about it. Make a note of what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he had:
<font color="white"> He made a solid play. He had Q diamond, J diamond. After 64 hands with him I had him at 12/3. I don't remember what his postflop aggression was and PT doesn't show that. But he was 55/83 WSD/W$SD. Had this hand happened later when I had that W$SD on him, I would have folded. </font>

11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Don't check the river against unknowns. It's an easy value bet.

I call the river check raise against unknowns.

pokernicus
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
*grunching*

I can't find any fault with your play. I think you have to value bet this river -- especially as there are worse hands that would call you (e.g., KQ or QJ - as long as both are not diamonds. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Getting 14.5:1 against an unknown seems to be a straightforward call -- especially since you'll get some useful information on how your opponent plays.