PDA

View Full Version : min-raising monsters?

11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I got berated for min-raising AA on the button (folded before me) during an early level (maybe 15-30). SB and BB called. Previous big hands, I 3-4 bet and walked away with little to be proud of. Thought I would change it up a bit, get some value in the pot and hope for the best. Why the salt from the the other hands? Did I do something to offend (I was playing only a $16 Turbo)?

Karak567
11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I never min-raise preflop off the button, even with a monster.

Ever.

citanul
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
there is nothing to be considered "etiquette" or however you spell that, with this sort of thing. ignore the idiots, play how you want.

c

bluef0x
11-16-2005, 05:52 PM
It's a valid move only if you've been trying to steal by minraising on button the last few times OR the table has been very push-happy and like to come over the top. But since neither of these scenarios are likely I just do what I usually do and push, hopefully someone gets sick of it and calls with a king.

I hate people who limp with it even more though /images/graemlins/mad.gif I always end up with AQ and end up pushing over the top and running into AA/AK

ilikeaces
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate people who limp with it even more though /images/graemlins/mad.gif I always end up with AQ and end up pushing over the top and running into AA/AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.... stop doing that?

bluef0x
11-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah man, next time I'll fold AQs in SB. I'm sure that's like a +3.0% EV play

pooh74
11-16-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate people who limp with it even more though /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think limping (not on the button though) with AA is better than a minraise.

11-16-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never min-raise preflop off the button, even with a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just asking to be called and outdrawn when you min-raise