PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Most Awkward/Unusual First Date

Macedon
11-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Out with co-workers I came upon this hot 19yr. old girl in a bar in Manhattan. (She had fake id) She was out with her friends, fellow Fordham University students. Anyways, 2 hours after chatting it up I got the balls to ask her for her number. On the way back from the bar with drinks in hand she pushed her number into my back pocket (very good sign). A day later I gave her a call and set up a date in the city after I got off of work.

Here's the date: I took her to a fancy Italian restaurant on 54th street on the west side. I order a bottle of Isole e Olena, Chianti Classico. (great wine, by the way) We get a nice buzz on and completely forget about the time. Half way through the dinner she tells me she missed the Fordham shuttle bus back to her campus in the Bronx. She is upset because she is afraid to take the subway or a cab by herself at night. I offered to drive her home if she wouldn't mind taking the LIRR (the train) back to my house on Long Island. She agrees.

At Penn Station our train is announced. We both walk down the platform and I suggest moving towards the middle of the train where there are more seats. I point to the car we should board and tell her to grab any seat she can, before it fills up. (note: I have her coat, my coat, my work bag, and some other things in my hand, so I'm dragging slightly behind her.) Not a second after I point to the train car I get distracted by something and when I return my eyes forward she is GONE FROM SIGHT!!!

Suddenly I hear screams from other passengers. "Oh my god!" "Holy crap!" "Someone get her!"

My date had miraculously, almost unexplainably, fallen through the 12 inch gap that seperates the train from the platform. She was just barely holding herself up from falling COMPLETELY through, to the tracks below. She was in a complete state of shock and wasn't saying a word, which made the moment even more unusual.

So I dropped the coats, pulled her out, and put her down on the platform. As she was getting back to her feet everyone noticed her legs, which were covered in blood. On her way down the hole, she apparently sliced up her legs. The bleading wasn't terrible--we were able to stop it a minute later--but it did create more drama (as if we needed that).

Not surprisingly she was mortified. She kept on saying that I would never forget her and that I would never go out on a date with her again.

She was wrong about the second point. I dated her for a couple of months and then broke it off.

Can someone beat that first date story? I'd love to read one.

shant
11-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Did you miraculously slip into her gap after that?

xadrez
11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a first date story that involves a mule, a midget arm-wrestling champion, 2 kilos of PCP, and a Cuisinart but I sure as hell aint going to post it here.

diebitter
11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Went on a first date with a much older woman (I was 16-17, she was 27). Going well, then she started going on about how she'd just been dumped, and then went on a man-hating rant that lasted some time (we were in a country pub - people could hear). I had to stay cos we'd gone somewhere in the country in her car, so no way home without a looooong walk.

Finally she drove me home, and burst into tears in the car. I tried to comfort psycho-lady with just a hand on her shoulder, and she hissed 'don't you touch meeeeeee!'

That was a long night.

TheWorstPlayer
11-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if it really counts as a first date but when I was in Italy for just one night with a friend we went to a bar and he picked up a girl and brought her back to our hotel room. She then ignored him and slept (and other things) in my bed. That was awkward. Although not with the girl.

11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't know if this beats bodily harm, but...

I took a girl out on a first date to go see a play at our local matchbox theatre. They were putting on "Angels in America," a play about the 1980's AIDS epidemic in the gay community, complete with death, full male nudity and a rape scene. It was actually a good performance, but pretty damned awkward for a first date.

She didn't talk to me after that. That's okay, she didn't have much interesting to say anyways.

ScottieK

11-16-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, but once again, blood eeeeeverywhere

sfer
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if this beats bodily harm, but...

I took a girl out on a first date to go see a play at our local matchbox theatre. They were putting on "Angels in America," a play about the 1980's AIDS epidemic in the gay community, complete with death, full male nudity and a rape scene. It was actually a good performance, but pretty damned awkward for a first date.

She didn't talk to me after that. That's okay, she didn't have much interesting to say anyways.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just ka-razee, man.

Macedon
11-16-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would ask me this. At this risk of being flamed, I have to say that I did not slip the gap even though I had the opportunity.

For the first 2 months she would do nothing but perform the Monica Lewinsky trick, which was fine, but she also gave off this vibe that she wasn't ready for the next step...not just yet.

One night she turns to me and whispers that she was a virgin and wanted me to be her first. (Uh-oh.......)
I broke up wither her 2 weeks later.

Partial explanation that will satisfy no one: I just couldn't do it. I was in my early 20's and had gone through my most disgusting, whore-filled period of my life. I had nailed everything in sight, EVERYTHING---from hot chicks to fat chicks and almost every kind of chick in between. It was a good 2 years of this debauchery and I was starting to tire of it.

And then I met this sweet, innocent, 19yr old college girl who wanted ME (of all people) to be her "special" first timer.

I wasn't ready for that crap. I was still scum; I hadn't completely changed. So I did the honorable thing. I broke it off.

TheWorstPlayer
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Don't you realise you're supposed to reform right AFTER you bang the sweet hot 19 year old virgin? What a [censored].

asofel
11-16-2005, 06:06 PM
I'll be in the minority and say good for you. You know it was the right thing to do...

xadrez
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would ask me this. At this risk of being flamed, I have to say that I did not slip the gap even though I had the opportunity.

For the first 2 months she would do nothing but perform the Monica Lewinsky trick, which was fine, but she also gave off this vibe that she wasn't ready for the next step...not just yet.

One night she turns to me and whispers that she was a virgin and wanted me to be her first. (Uh-oh.......)
I broke up wither her 2 weeks later.

Partial explanation that will satisfy no one: I just couldn't do it. I was in my early 20's and had gone through my most disgusting, whore-filled period of my life. I had nailed everything in sight, EVERYTHING---from hot chicks to fat chicks and almost every kind of chick in between. It was a good 2 years of this debauchery and I was starting to tire of it.

And then I met this sweet, innocent, 19yr old college girl who wanted ME (of all people) to be her "special" first timer.

I wasn't ready for that crap. I was still scum; I hadn't completely changed. So I did the honorable thing. I broke it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] great. You just made Baby Jesus stop crying.

diebitter
11-16-2005, 06:10 PM
This girl asked me out, and gave me the place to meet her. It was some fringe show showing at a student bar, but I thought 'what the hey!'

Went along, met her where she introduced me to her boyfriend.

Still it wasn't a complete loss, the show involved these young ladies getting naked and throwing paint over each other.

Art can be wonderful.

Macedon
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh c'mon, it wasn't like I was acting like an alter-boy.

The girl gave me that earnest look. I felt like a dirtbag. I couldn't sink that low......again.

4_2_it
11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bannable offense in OOT. Maybe Astroglide can give us a ruling.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 06:14 PM
JK, IMO you did the right thing.

benza13
11-16-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, but once again, blood eeeeeverywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, from his more recent post, she was a virgin. That makes this even more sick.

Georgia Avenue
11-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Nah, I'm with you...I'd hate to be someone's first after high-school. Talk about awkward...I once broke up with a girl after refusing to be her first, waited til she got a new boyfriend...THEN SIIHP.

My most awkward first date was probably with my wife. I became sick as a dog halfway through, and even though we went from the hot tub to my bed, I could barely see or move my fever was so bad. She's pretty squimish about germs and she must have really liked me to stay and even let me kiss her. Then in the morning my mom knocked on my door (I was 21 home from college on tour with my band)and walked in. Fortunately I was so sick that we were fully dressed. I introduced them in a haze and my mom said that the police were there asking if anyone owned a white Chevy Cavalier. All of its tires had been slashed...along with most of the cars on the block...this was of course my girl's car. So I spent the morning helping her get new tires and drinking tea.

Then we went to Denny's...and the rest is history, natch!

W. Deranged
11-16-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No faster way to a woman's heart than a 103-degree fever and a side of Moons Over My Hammy.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I took a girl to Schindler's List. Not a good date movie at all.

Macedon
11-16-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

samjjones
11-16-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No faster way to a woman's heart than a 103-degree fever and a side of Moons Over My Hammy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if you had gone for the "Meat Lover's Skillet", its obvious she would have dumped your sorry ass.

pooh74
11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry got some at Schindler's List, why can't you?

Los Feliz Slim
11-16-2005, 08:06 PM
I took a girl to a set-up dance my junior year of college. Very soon after the arrival, she looks at the stage and says "Oh my God!" The DJ, it turns out, was her sort-of-ex-boyfriend, who was supposed to be in the Army of some such [censored]. There was some crazy explanation for how she didn't know he wasn't gone. She spent the rest of the night talking to and kissing him. I started drinking double-fisted for a while, managed to walk her home, and then broke my foot on my way out of her place. Good times.

wayabvpar
11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hen broke my foot on my way out of her place. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully you broke it off in one of their asses.

I had a woman spend all night talking to a guy I introduced her to, then dump me in the parking lot (thankfully she did it when I was HAMMERED, so it didn't really bug me so much). The a few days later she shows up with this douchebag at another mutual friend's function. Can't Understand Normal Thinking.

Matt Flynn
11-16-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, so true.

bholdr
11-17-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol... i did 'saving private ryan'... geez. sooo depressing.

tonypaladino
11-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Technically, this was a second date, but the first date was lunch and a walk in the park, so it doesn't count completely.

I was working in a summer High School and met this cute girl who was going there (I was 19, chill). I took her out to dinner and afterwards we got on a bus to head crosstown to catch a movie. I had an assload of paperwork from the job with me in a backpack.

As we're walking to the door to get off the bus I accidentally smacked some girl in the face with my backpack. Almost instantly this huge guy who must have been 6'5" and 350lbs jumped up and said "What the [censored] did you hit my woman for cracka". I was like "dude, I'm sorry--" but before I could finish the guy pulls a knife out of his poket, so I break the emergency door open thing and push the back door of the bus open and jump put as it's coasting at like 5 mph (thank god for manhattan traffic) and start running down 34th street.

The driver stopped the bus and the guy ran off and his woman and another woman he was with ran after him screaming "Tyrell stop1" The girl I was with got off the bus after them and I screamed something like "get back on the bus, he's crazy"

The guy then said something like "I'll show you crazy [censored]" and lunged towards me with the knife. The girl was already running in the other direction screaming on her cell phone, so I just decided I would jet. His two women were holding him back and I just took off down the street and didn't stop until I got a few blocks away and then hoped in a cab.

I never saw the girl again.