PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers - find the leak

gonzopro
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
This is villians first orbit, so unfortunately no reads.

Which is the biggest leak and why?
A. Flop call
B. Turn call
C. River bet

Crypto ($1/$2)6max (4 handed)

dealt to Hero [4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
UTG: folds
CO: folds
villian: completes
Hero: checks
----- FLOP ----- [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Villain: bets $1
Hero: calls $1
----- TURN ----- [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif][T/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Villain: bets $2
Hero: calls $2
----- RIVER ----- [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif](3/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Villian: checks
Hero: bets $2
Villian: calls

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
No reads 6 max? I'm tempted to say that this hand was played well. With a read, you could find a fold or a raise, but without, I don't think I can. None of these streets are big leaks.

milesdyson
11-16-2005, 05:18 PM
i fold this flop until i see him betting a bunch in these situations.

if not, i raise, bet the turn, and take a free showdown.

to rank your mistakes:

biggest: turn call
next biggest: river bet
smallest: flop call

Fryguy
11-17-2005, 03:25 AM
I totally agree. Especially 4-handed. Raise this flop, bet the turn (probably fold to a turn c/r). You need to take the initiative in hands like this.

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I think I like Miles's line better. Cheaper way to get to showdown. Showing this hand down is not a huge mistake, however.

gonzopro
11-17-2005, 09:33 AM
The more I think about this hand the more I dislike the flop call. I think we either have to raise it and take the initiative or fold it with such a small pot.

During the hand, I thought the river bet was for value. Should we value bet marginal hands against unknowns HU or wait for a read?

gonzopro
11-17-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No reads 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I have a read after 1 hand?

11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't play any 6-max but the river check by villain just looks like a missed hand so hero most likely has the best hand but what hands will villain call with?

Koss
11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play any 6-max but the river check by villain just looks like a missed hand so hero most likely has the best hand but what hands will villain call with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough hands that we beat. River bet is a huge mistake. A typical noob mistake is to bet the river when last to act with a weak but possibly best hand. You'll see it all the time at the micros. 3 players to a flop and it gets checked through the flop and turn. On the river last to act finally bets his bottom pair and gets called by 4th pair and loses.

Reqtech
11-17-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i fold this flop until i see him betting a bunch in these situations.

if not, i raise, bet the turn, and take a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is typically my line as well. Since this villain's first orbit, I fold. Not enough ways to improve on later streets.

11-17-2005, 12:43 PM
raise the flop....

given flop action the other streets are played well

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No reads 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I have a read after 1 hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you had to have a read, but I'm saying given that you have no reads and that it's 6 max, etc.