PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker players

Hawkeye27
06-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Hello Zoo Members,

I'm growing tired of Party and am looking for a smaller site, and thinking of Pacific. I've downloaded the software and the games seem pretty soft with decent traffic. Was hoping I could get general info from regular players there. I play up to and including 5/10. Info on cashouts, service, traffic, good players, bad players, etc would be greatly appreciated.

lefty rosen
06-26-2003, 06:53 PM
The players are weak to maniacal on average. That's from 50/1 through to 15/30 the site tends to be very loose in the evenings, and maniacal at around midnight. During the day it was very loose but I have noticed that it has tightened up, where if you want to be a winning player you may have to put some moves on. They payments are honest but they take 3 business days to process a cashout. If you are a winning player at party you will be a winning player here, just be prepared for whacko beats, even at levels like 5/10 or higher, goodluck!

joeypoker789
06-26-2003, 06:58 PM
I like the $0.05 / $0.10 action. Not too tight and not too loose /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

crazy canuck
06-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Well, it's easy to identify bad players there. Pick any player at any limit, and there is a very good chance he/she is a bad player. However, the software is really slow.

lefty rosen
06-26-2003, 11:24 PM
What I don't understand is that this site offers 5 cent 10 cents, so why do the bad players bother to play above this level if they are going to be getting killed almost every day they log on? Oh well time to get out the troller.....

Hawkeye27
06-27-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the response Lefty. Have you played there enough to give me the heads up on some of the better players or some of the big fish??

lefty rosen
06-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Ask me in a private message and I will give you a response to the weak players or horrid players who play there regularly, as for the good players they are easier to observe they aren't playing too many hands.

dink
06-28-2003, 04:52 AM
I love pacific,

I find it easier to make money there than at Party, yes the software is slow but you just have to be patient.

I also find I make more money there when I only play one site at a time, maybe there is a lesson there for me. I have almost increased by bankroll by enough to move up to the next level.

enjoy the fish, but lets hope we don't get too many sharks visiting.

dink /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

lefty rosen
06-30-2003, 12:37 AM
Hey dink what level do you play there? I remember you saying you were playing 50/1? have you gone upto 1/2 or higher, your moving up shouldn't be a skill problem it should be more a bankroll, as they play sucks upto 15/30( it slightly improves at 5/10)......

dink
06-30-2003, 08:12 AM
I have moved up to 1/2 and am $11 short of my bankroll requirements to move up to 2/4. I want to have $500 or 250 BB to move up.

Not bad seeing I started with a $200 deposit to get the $50 bonus, then I withdrew $300 and left $100 in my a/c now I have have almost $500 from that $100. I would have just made my $500 but I was beaten by a higher straight. Hey but thats poker. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

HonestPete
06-30-2003, 08:47 AM
what is your name there lefty rosen?

Can anyone tell me how long cashouts take? Its good site so far i have enjoyed it. Not impressed with software though.

Got to enjoy the good ol' J-5 chase they love to do.

thomastem
06-30-2003, 11:49 AM
I had heard negative things about Pacific but this actually sounds good. How is the traffic?

slogger
06-30-2003, 03:54 PM
I played Pacific for about a month or two, and have since given up and moved on to Party, which I enjoy much more.

It's true what everyone says about the weak play (of course I never played anything above $2/4 there), but the software is slow enough to put a dent in the win rate of even the best player.

And to answer the question, cash outs are VERY slow...I know they say something like 3-4 business days, but I've had two cash outs take over a week. I think I'm through with Pacific for good.

Also, no tourneys or NL games on Pacific.