PDA

View Full Version : ($22) slowplaying AA HU

11-16-2005, 02:13 PM
***** Hand History for Game 3044836334 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:17461536 Level:3 Blinds(25/50) - Wednesday, November 16, 13:04:38 EDT 2005
Table Table 67273 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: Bazuulbazuul ( $455 )
Seat 2: tommegun2 ( $340 )
Seat 4: mjwiley10 ( $1130 )
Seat 5: deash14 ( $995 )
Seat 7: Karabas_428 ( $1475 )
Seat 8: aggielife ( $730 )
Seat 9: SeanKashMan ( $1820 )
Seat 10: Jessica1986 ( $1055 )
Trny:17461536 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bazuulbazuul [ Ah Ac ]
>You have options at Table 67243 Table!.
mjwiley10 folds.
deash14 folds.
Karabas_428 folds.
aggielife raises [150].
SeanKashMan folds.
Jessica1986 folds.
Bazuulbazuul raises [225].
tommegun2 folds.
aggielife calls [100].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 2d, 2h ]
Bazuulbazuul checks.
aggielife checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
Bazuulbazuul checks.
aggielife bets [205].
Bazuulbazuul is all-In [205]
** Dealing River ** [ 9h ]
aggielife shows [ 9c, 9d ] a full house, Nines full of twos.
Bazuulbazuul shows [ Ah, Ac ] two pairs, aces and twos.
aggielife wins 960 chips from the main pot with a full house, Nines full of twos.
Bazuulbazuul finished in eighth place.
Bazuulbazuul has left the table.
The Small Blind left the table. The Dealer button remains in place.

I almost never ever slowplay AA -- that said I think I made the right play here. Do you agree?

Aggielife has played very tightly at this table. When calls my reraise I put him on high PP or AK. The flop was very good to me. I wanted him to try to buy the pot from me since it didn't look like he had QQ. On the turn, sure enough, he bet my stack and I called. Should I have been happy winning the pot after the flop instead of trying to milk it?

citanul
11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I almost never ever slowplay AA -- that said I think I made the right play here. Do you agree?

Aggielife has played very tightly at this table. When calls my reraise I put him on high PP or AK. The flop was very good to me. I wanted him to try to buy the pot from me since it didn't look like he had QQ. On the turn, sure enough, he bet my stack and I called. Should I have been happy winning the pot after the flop instead of trying to milk it?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so you put him on a range for what he's going to call your tiny reraise with.

what's the range that you think he was going to call a push (only 200 more chips) with?

are these ranges different?

c

HonchoOverload
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
You played it right, and you had him right where you wanted him - betting all of your chips way behind. He got lucky; it happens. nh

Hornacek
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Min reraising preflop is generally a bad idea. Since you only had 205 more after your minraise, you should have just pushed all in preflop.

IMO you played this poorly preflop. With your chip stack, just POOOOOSH.

splashpot
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Your stack is so small, you might as well just go all in preflop. I don't see a reason to slow roll this.

citanul
11-16-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You played it right, and you had him right where you wanted him - betting all of your chips way behind. He got lucky; it happens. nh

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have any reason to think his line was actually right, besides that in the end, he got all his money in good?

c

HonchoOverload
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have any reason to think his line was actually right, besides that in the end, he got all his money in good?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, now that I'm looking at his stack size, his line is irrelevant. What hand is villain going to fold to a reraise all in?

EDIT: at any point in the hand before the river, villain has to call with virtually any two raisable cards preflop, no?

splashpot
11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: at any point in the hand before the river, villain has to call with virtually any two raisable cards preflop, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thus, he should just go all in preflop. Get his money in with the best. What if the flop had come AKJ the villian probably would have folded to any bet and you don't get full value from your aces.

11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys. I was hoping for a rereraise vs. him folding. Sounds like I was trying to be too tricky while I should have just stuck to fundamentals.

Next time I'll just push with AA. I thought I could isolate him and draw more chips from him since he seemed to be a solid player. I'm not worried about the bad beat, god knows I win my share of those. Just wondering if my play postflop was incorrect.

Thanks for your time and helping me better my game.