PDA

View Full Version : What factors do you consider most important in the $10 STTs

11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I wondered what factors people consider the most important when making a decision on the $10/$20. I was told that there was already a post that approached this subject but havn't been able to find it.

Did the post contain a collection of factors in order of importance similar to those below ?

• The Current Blind amount/level
• The Number of hands/time until the next blind level
• Your Stack Size
• The stack size of the other players
• Number of players
• Your cards
• The cards on the board
• Opponent information

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Cheers

splashpot
11-16-2005, 01:56 PM
What's important is all of this information put together. Trying to rank them is pointless.

zambonidrivr
11-16-2005, 02:09 PM
push/shove botting is most important. playing cards is really secondary to success

networkman
11-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Errrrr, comfy slippers and a "who gives a XXXX" attitude

11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Here is my opinion, but I'm not quoting any experts here.

1) Cards
2) Position
3) Your stack size relative to the blinds
4) Your stack size relative to other players
5) Number of players yet to play and their stacksizes relative to yours and the blinds
6) Opposing player information

I'm curious what more experienced players think too.

citanul
11-16-2005, 04:30 PM
you've won my "i have no idea wtf you're talking about" post of the day award.

c

durron597
11-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I think you are referring to this excerpt, which was found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2821605&an=0&page=0#Post 2821605). I understand why you found it hard to find:

[ QUOTE ]
After reading (halfway so far) HOHE, there's a piece that would be very useful tool to many posters here on the forum. I highly recommend the book so far, and in particular, the piece I'm talking about is on pages 16-23.

Essentially, it sums up like this. An amateur is asking a pro for advice on a hand. The amateur, from memory, recounts what he remembers of the hand, which basicly comes down to an egocentric point of view - his cards, and his stack.

To the amateur, "his hand was the cards he held, and what the players immediately before and after him did. To the 'pro,' a 'hand' was a lot more than that. It's an entire situation, fulll of different elements, which has to be seen as a whole before good plays can be made."

So what does that mean to a regular Sit n Go poster on the forum here? (much of this has been taken right from HOHE)

Well, to me, the info that I would need to help give NL advice - in order - would be the following.

1. What limit are you playing?
2. What are the blinds (and beginning chip structure)?
3. How many players remaining?
4. What is your stack?
5. What are the stacks of the remaining players and their position?
6. Where do you sit in relation to the blinds?
7. Do you have any table reads?
8. What has been the action before you?
9. How many players remaining to act behind you?
10. Are there any relevant pot odds?
11. Will you have position after the flop?
12. Finally, what are your cards?

Without all this information, advice can vary greatly between posters. Without all this information, you are not considering the situation as a whole. Sit N Gos are not just about the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, I think Durron nailed it.