PDA

View Full Version : Killington, VT

peterchi
11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Having trouble finding anything out on their website, or on maps.

If I am planning a weekend of skiing in Killington, and plan to pick up a friend from the airport on my way there (I'm driving from the south), what's the best option?

My best guess at this point is Albany, but that's 2.5hrs away. I was hoping there would be something closer to Killington because otherwise we'd probably have to leave very early for the return. I found that Montpelier is 1.5hrs away, but that still sorta sucks, and also that's farther north.

Anyone know anything? Thanks

kenberman
11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
where is your friend flying in from?

my guess is that you may not have a choice which airport he needs to fly into, unless he minds flying all day.

my suggestion is to have him fly into Burlington, and go to Stowe instead. much cooler town, better skiing, better experience all over.

dcasper70
11-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Bradley International (BDL) in Hartford is an option, but you'd still be 2+ hours away.

Where are you driving from?

peterchi
[ QUOTE ]
where is your friend flying in from?

my guess is that you may not have a choice which airport he needs to fly into, unless he minds flying all day.

my suggestion is to have him fly into Burlington, and go to Stowe instead. much cooler town, better skiing, better experience all over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flying from Chicago

The reservations for Killington have already been made, so we're set on that. Thanks though

Aces McGee
I doubt you'd be able to find a flight into Montpelier. That airport is TINY.

Manchester, NH may be a touch closer than Albany. Maybe.

-McGee

peterchi
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm, yeah looks like it is, but it's also further out of the way for me (I'm coming from Baltimore).

If Albany is my best bet, that's cool. I just wanted to see if anyone new of anything better.

kenberman
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
the closest airport must be Lebanon, (near Dartmouth), but there aren't many flights in there. also it can close a lot in winter.

TeeJayORTj
11-16-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm, yeah looks like it is, but it's also further out of the way for me (I'm coming from Baltimore).

If Albany is my best bet, that's cool. I just wanted to see if anyone new of anything better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go Albany. They way goolge maps has you going to Killington is right through Albany.

peterchi
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go Albany. They way goolge maps has you going to Killington is right through Albany.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok. thanks guys

A present for all the info:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/peterchi/DSC_0019.jpg

masse75
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
If you're coming from Baltimore, pick him/her up in Hartford on the way. You'll be going up 91 anyway.