PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most posts?

11-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I am a memeber of another forum that uses this same software. The only difference is there, there is a "user list" option and you can sort by post count to see who wastes the most time. lol

Just curious if anyone knew who had the most and how much that is.

Thanks.

(and yes, I am bored right now) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sponger15SB
11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Dynasty did a post about this a while back. Maybe things have changed and he can repost using his super mod abilities to find these things out? Either that or you'll be [censored]?

FYI, its JaketheBake with like 17000, but thankfully he is [censored] and he doesn't post much with his new account.

I think you need at least 10,000 to make the top 20.

daryn
11-16-2005, 01:30 PM
what happened to jake anyway, did i miss something?

swede123
11-16-2005, 01:30 PM
What is Jake's new handle, by the way?

Swede

r3vbr
11-16-2005, 01:33 PM
el diablo

Sponger15SB
11-16-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what happened to jake anyway, did i miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure what ended up happening, but he has make a few posts as "BaketheJake" in the B&M forum under some magoo trip reports or whatever.

SL__72
11-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Its BakeTheJake or something like that. What did he get censored for anyway?

CrazyEyez
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice that he ever got [censored], just that he never posted after the vegas debacle. I may have missed something though.

samjjones
11-16-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice that he ever got [censored], just that he never posted after the vegas debacle. I may have missed something though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also unaware of this. And I think El Diablo is tops if you combine his two accounts.

11-16-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like I miss everything. I never know what's going on. Pretty sure everyone's in on the secret except me.

canis582
11-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Debacle? Story please.

slickpoppa
11-16-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also unaware of this. And I think El Diablo is tops if you combine his two accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has two accounts?

captZEEbo1
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
wasn't there some survivor thing or something where they'd vote off someone?

namknils
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas debacle? What happened, and why would it affect him posting anymore?

CrazyEyez
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Debacle? Story please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something about a c*ckblock with mslif/shant/jason_t or something. Sounded way overblown to me.

samjjones
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM
No, he has the one now. IIRC, he had another name once upon a time...

Aloysius
11-16-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses was a great cash game strategy poster before he turned into El Diablo and spends all his time on OOT /images/graemlins/mad.gif

slickpoppa
11-16-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses was a great cash game strategy poster before he turned into El Diablo and spends all his time on OOT /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

El D still posts in MHNL fairly frequently

Aloysius
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El D still posts in MHNL fairly frequently

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're right he does.

And maybe this is before OOT took off - but back in the day Ulysses posted a ridiculous amount of strategy posts (all awesome), I think more than El Diablo does.

ChristinaB
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has two accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only one account. He did a name change way back in 2004 before they disallowed name changes.

tdarko
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No you're right he does.

And maybe this is before OOT took off - but back in the day Ulysses posted a ridiculous amount of strategy posts (all awesome), I think more than El Diablo does.

[/ QUOTE ]
split the mid/hi forum and he would post more.

Aloysius
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No you're right he does.

[/ QUOTE ]
split the mid/hi forum and he would post more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah - I see. Well, anyway he plays way higher than me for it to be super relevant to my game - I just miss the days when great Ulysses strat posts (Fossilman too) occurred with very high frequency...

tdarko
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but thankfully he is [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
One reason I ask this is because the other forum took away the feature that displays the user's post count next to his post. They said that a lot of people where "post whoring" and posting all over the place with no content to try to get a high count.

Seems silly why anyone really cares about post count enough to cheat to make it higher. I just always thought the post count feature was a nice way to see who spent the most time contributing to the site. I am not really surprised though. This other forum is more strict and frowns on any swears words also. Kinda tame, imo.

MelK
11-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Isn't jakethebake's plan obvious?

He has about 19,850 posts, way ahead of the number 2 contestant. He will wait until someone gets to about 19,700 posts and someone here points out how close the contest to 20,000 posts is going to be. Then jake will post like heck and win the coveted title of first to reach 20,000 posts, and surpass ThaSaltCracka in the hearts and minds of OOT. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
11-16-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he was. This is from his profile (viewable by mods only).

banned by [censored], almost 20k posts without one once of content.

When jakethebake e-mailed me several days later, I lifted the banned temporarily under the condition that he contact both [censored] and Mat Sklansky immediately. [censored] was already on vacation at the time.

It doesn't seem possible for mods to view a top posters list. The whole Admin section is different after the most recent upgrade. In fact, the Admin sections seems to be the main reason for the upgrade

Shajen
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Boo to [censored] for that.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MonkeeMan
11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice banning comment.

First - the obvious misspelling.
Second - I'm betting [censored] didn't read all the posts to know this.
Third - the statement is completely biased.
Fourth - who is [censored] to think he can make such a determination for the readers of and contributors to OOT?

HopeydaFish
11-16-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really pathetic. Jake made *tons* of content-rich posts. His replies with low content were no worse and no better than 99% of the other posters on here, and I can't recall him ever posting anything that I'd consider ban-worthy.

Yeti
11-16-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot
11-16-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's really pathetic. Jake made *tons* of content-rich posts. His replies with low content were no worse and no better than 99% of the other posters on here, and I can't recall him ever posting anything that I'd consider ban-worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about OOT, but in the Book forum, pretty much EVERY time someone asked for a NL book suggestion, he would like to the "Big Book of Masterbation".

jackdaniels
11-16-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin
11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
11-16-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be a mod? I just want to know all these crazy powers and look at the mod forum and stuff. I promise I won't do anything else but look!

Everything is so mysterious I think we need an overview by the people.

Sponger15SB
11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fourth - who is [censored] to think he can make such a determination for the readers of and contributors to OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you really haven't been paying attention much around here.

tdarko
11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno about OOT, but in the Book forum, pretty much EVERY time someone asked for a NL book suggestion, he would like to the "Big Book of Masterbation".

[/ QUOTE ]
bahahahahaha. that. is. gold.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
This thread is [censored] noob city, and I'm not the kinda of person who says [censored] like this.

Klepton
11-16-2005, 05:33 PM
i couldn't figure out why i was so less irritated when i view OOT, now i know.

thanks [censored].

MonkeeMan
11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you really haven't been paying attention much around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually avoid the "censored" and "[censored]" threads, but this time I got sucked in. And yes, I've been censored (but not for this thread (so far)).

Voltron87
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
does anyone else ever notice how there are tons of people who regged in 2002, 2004, and 2005 but very few from 2003?

ThaSaltCracka
11-16-2005, 05:49 PM
I think it is currently me.

MonkeeMan
11-16-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not unless they deleted Jake's.

BradleyT
11-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm an '03er! But ya there's hardly any around.

MelK
11-16-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake

ThaSaltCracka

Quick, post another 3,000 posts and catch up.

diebitter
11-16-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake

ThaSaltCracka

Quick, post another 3,000 posts and catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean we have a new 'resident popsy'?

Jack of Arcades
11-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I personally like jake (he's a pretty caring individual, he even pmed me after rita to see what was up since I hadn't posted in a couple days). However, he was always a boom or bust poster that posted a lot of crap with a little bit of a gold every once in a while. I'm not terribly upset about the banning, and I think we all knew [censored] would do it anyway.

Blarg
11-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I didn't mind jake. There are a lot worse posters here than him, like maybe half of them, and they were often decent. I do think that after, oh, the 5000th posting of the picture of cows in response to virtually any post someone else made, the very minimal funniness of it had worn pretty damn thin. I think I might have been alone on that, actually. But his regular posts seemed okay to me. I don't think OOT is any better for his being booted. At least now that the cow pictures have stopped.

kenberman
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else ever notice how there are tons of people who regged in 2002, 2004, and 2005 but very few from 2003?

[/ QUOTE ]

hi

this is prolly b/c 2002 is when all the "old" posters had to re-register, and 2003 was really pre-poker boom.

Homer
11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

When jakethebake e-mailed me several days later, I lifted the banned temporarily under the condition that he contact both [censored] and Mat Sklansky immediately. [censored] was already on vacation at the time.

It doesn't seem possible for mods to view a top posters list. The whole Admin section is different after the most recent upgrade. In fact, the Admin sections seems to be the main reason for the upgrade

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, unbiased moderation there. What a joke.

ThinkQuick
11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know which alexa stats really matter, I'm sure some people here do, but yah, there was a poker room that led to a twoplustwo boom post 2003.
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=640&h=480&r=2y&y=r&u=twoplustwo.com

imported_anacardo
11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mind jake. There are a lot worse posters here than him, like maybe half of them, and they were often decent. I do think that after, oh, the 5000th posting of the picture of cows in response to virtually any post someone else made, the very minimal funniness of it had worn pretty damn thin. I think I might have been alone on that, actually. But his regular posts seemed okay to me. I don't think OOT is any better for his being booted. At least now that the cow pictures have stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that Jake? I thought that was all Patrick's doing.

Rockatansky
11-16-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really gets at the reason why he should have been reprimanded in some way. It's one thing to make 100 posts per day, but it's something else when a percentage of those posts are continually aimed at busting other posters' balls for supposedly cluttering the forum. That being said, there's absolutely no reason to permanently ban Jake.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people are going to fail to realize that there was never a premise of unbaised moderation in what [censored] was doing.

miajag81
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that Jake? I thought that was all Patrick's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the dung pile picture and the hot tub pic account for about 95% of Patrick's post count.

Homer
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he wasn't [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people are going to fail to realize that there was never a premise of unbaised moderation in what [censored] was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was he made a moderator, then? And more importantly, why is he still a moderator?

wayabvpar
11-16-2005, 07:04 PM
If moderation can't be unbiased, it shouldn't be done at all. As I said a few times in the Paul Phllips thread....

2003'er here. I lurked for a few months before I registered.

CrazyEyez
11-16-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2003 WHAT

ThaSaltCracka
11-16-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2003 WHAT

[/ QUOTE ]Holla

B Dids
11-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Your question, and the question below you are for Mat to answer.

Basically, [censored] proposed that he be a mod and ban people as per his desire, the vast majority of OOT posters thought this would be a great idea, Mat agreed and bannings commenced (and OOT got a lot better).

razor
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If moderation can't be unbiased, it shouldn't be done at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] and those that supported his plan were tired of all the crap threads/posts in OOT. By definition his plan was biased against the dumb people starting dumb threads and making dumb posts. It was biased but it made OOT a better place.

IndieMatty
11-16-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If moderation can't be unbiased, it shouldn't be done at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] and those that supported his plan were tired of all the crap threads/posts in OOT. By definition his plan was biased against the dumb people starting dumb threads and making dumb posts. It was biased but it made OOT a better place for you and me.

[/ QUOTE ]
We are the world, we are the children, we are the one's that make a better place, so let's start giving....

Thanks Razor, I am singing this as I prep for the gym.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why was he made a moderator, then? And more importantly, why is he still a moderator?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Because that type of aggressive moderation was something many people thought would improve OOT.

b) Because it did indeed improve OOT.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as I prep for the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Gym. You're going to Taco Bell, aren't you?

Sponger15SB
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI, its JaketheBake with like 17000, but thankfully he is [censored] and he doesn't post much with his new account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda suprised it took 6 days after jake's last and me posting this for many people to realize he was banned.

You didn't even miss him, ha

Homer
11-16-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Because that type of aggressive moderation was something many people thought would improve OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a stupid [censored] plan. Anyway, if that's the way it's gonna be, the poster should be banned from oot only. I'm pretty sure that can be done with this software.

beset7
11-16-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a stupid [censored] plan. Anyway, if that's the way it's gonna be, the poster should be banned from oot only. I'm pretty sure that can be done with this software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it can't be done currently.

The only thing that can be done is a good-faith exile from the forum whereby the person gets perma-banned if they post in that forum and the moderator notices it.

Hellrazor
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If moderation can't be unbiased, it shouldn't be done at all. As I said a few times in the Paul Phllips thread....

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been lurking a bit since i registered....

IndieMatty
11-16-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as I prep for the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Gym. You're going to Taco Bell, aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, the only choice I was making was whether to get two burrito supremes, or the carne asada nachos bell grande.

11-16-2005, 09:10 PM

offTopic
11-16-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus ca change

Plus c'est la meme chose

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a biased SF Giants fan's opinion?

mason55
11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus ca change

Plus c'est la meme chose

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a biased SF Giants fan's opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call

imported_anacardo
11-16-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus ca change

Plus c'est la meme chose

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a [censored] sicko.

Any number of us would be happy to give you a thorough going over, so you've chosen a smart strategy, you [censored] pussy piece of [censored].

tonypaladino
11-16-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your question, and the question below you are for Mat to answer.

Basically, [censored] proposed that he be a mod and ban people as per his desire, the vast majority of OOT posters thought this would be a great idea, Mat agreed and bannings commenced (and OOT got a lot better).

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "vast majority" you mean "vocal minority" then I agree.

CCass
11-16-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I registered on 8/13/03, so I got you by 2 days.

bugstud
11-17-2005, 12:36 AM
winner?

housenuts
11-17-2005, 12:44 AM
why was jake banned?

zephed
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bring back jake.

imported_anacardo
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
He's back. Just a new incarnation, that's all, and he mostly stays away from OOT.

tonypaladino
11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
If I know Jake he's lurking here.

I don't know him though. Not at all.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChipWrecked
11-17-2005, 03:07 AM
I know that he is, because I've received a PM from him inspired by a post I made; which showed me that jake is cool, and should not have been [censored]. If nothing else, there was debate about jake's posts, which proved some of us got a kick out of his torrent.

As a third shift worker on the Left Coast, jake's arrival in the morning was a welcome sight; it meant my workday was nearing an end.

[censored] [censored].

Victor
11-17-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2003 WHAT

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i read the forum and posted somewhat back in the day. but i really dont know what i was doing in 2002. i seriously cant remember it at all. oh well, i assume it was fun.