PDA

View Full Version : Q's about movies that have been on cable lately

VBM
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Been spending a lot of time watching/rewatching movies while on paternity leave. I got like a ton of questions about a few of them:

Kill Bill Vol. 2
1. Why does the Bride cry on the floor at the end?
2. Bud shoots the Bride with a "double dose of rock salt." Is it literally rock salt? Can you do that? wouldn't 2 regular shotgun shells just have killed her?

Collateral
1. The wolf crossing the street; what is the symbolic significance of it? Is this a scene you might actually see in L.A. in the middle of the night? Seems a little implausible...

Magnolia
1. The frogs that fall out of the sky. I never understood this. It seemed gimmicky and weird.
2. Everyone singing. I never understood this. It seemed gimmicky and weird.
3. Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I think this is like the only movie where he isn't playing a wretched person?

astroglide
11-16-2005, 01:00 PM
- she cries because she's happy.
- yes it's literally rock salt. he's not trying to kill her with a shotgun blast, he's using her capture to angle for money.

- the symbolic signifigance is whatever you make of it. i found it to simply be an interesting moment of pause.

- pt anderson loves to talk about himself. i'm sure he's discussed this somewhere, perhaps in the dvd's commentary if it has one. raining frogs is a common historical tale.
- i'm sure the fact that you found it noteworthy was the point of doing it.
- psh plays some random dude in twister.

ChipWrecked
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Collateral
1. The wolf crossing the street; what is the symbolic significance of it? Is this a scene you might actually see in L.A. in the middle of the night? Seems a little implausible...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's a coyote, they're all over the place.