PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 6-max: My opponent sucks at poker

AceHiStation
11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
I was villain in this hand, anyone care to share why hero would play this hand so poorly? And if you're bored, go ahead and try and put me on a hand... but honestly, is villain the worst poker player ever? And of course... I have a LAGGY image.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero ($722.50)
SB ($1205.50)
BB ($957)
UTG ($1046)
MP ($678.70)
CO ($805.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $10, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($40) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $30</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($100) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

River: ($250) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $247</font>, Hero calls $247.

Final Pot: $744

HoldEmKillah
11-16-2005, 12:08 PM
that's pretty funny...and so so bad. 22 I guess.

greg nice
11-16-2005, 12:15 PM
what is so bad about it.. he got your money? theres no reason for him to fear any draws. and you being laggy is more reason to not blow you off and instead let you bluff. you probably had QT and got there. waste of a post

savman
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is so bad about it.. he got your money? theres no reason for him to fear any draws. and you being laggy is more reason to not blow you off and instead let you bluff. you probably had QT and got there. waste of a post

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

AceHiStation
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the negativity of these forums.

2 points for HEK with the excellent read. I'm still baffled by his play, the whole point of my leading here is to get the money in the pot, he easily could have taken a monster off me.

Maulik
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
why didn't you raise once in this hand?

greg nice
11-16-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I love the negativity of these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats better is that people get challenged and choose to avoid the response and just say "lol" or "this forum is negative". im not saying he played good or bad. there is no good or bad. i dont even know what those words mean.

AceHiStation
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why didn't you raise once in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mention in the original thread... I'm Villain in the hand.

Imperial
11-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif?

AceHiStation
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

HEK already called it(22), I was just shocked to see a player so weak-tight in a 5/10 NL game. When given a set over set opportunity, you must capitalize on it. This is the perfect board to stack a pair of deuces.

BobboFitos
11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
if you had 22 I dont like your river bet. I would've bet less. Obviously though your opponent fooled me though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit: Or maybe even checked, although I dont think I would. It just seems if he's straightforward he has a weak jack that he doesnt want to fold, (but would for a pot bet) a T9 type hand that is so marginal on the river he's barely beating anything, etc.

And I'd probably pot the turn. See, there's some content to this post.

reedited: nah, I like turn bet size, although sometimes I'd bet the pot.

greg nice
11-16-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just shocked to see a player so weak-tight in a 5/10 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

its only weak tight if he feared JJ on flop and turn. however what i said earlier was probably more likely the case. then on river a few more hands beat him like 99, QT. coupled with the fact that most of your range wont be able to call a raise, and the showdown value of seeing "what else you bluff with", that could lead to his call behind.

AceHiStation
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was just shocked to see a player so weak-tight in a 5/10 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

its only weak tight if he feared JJ on flop and turn. however what i said earlier was probably more likely the case. then on river a few more hands beat him like 99, QT. coupled with the fact that most of your range wont be able to call a raise, and the showdown value of seeing "what else you bluff with", that could lead to his call behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but I really like a turn raise here. If he raises 2X my bet size on turn, he's likely winning a big hand off me, and if I didn't have 22, most likely I won't be betting the river as well. I think the turn is the best way to get the money in the pot. And even if he wants to put me on JJ, I think he has to figure the odds of 22 are the same as JJ, if not better seeing as though I do sometimes raise JJ from the blinds with limpers.

Just some thoughts,
-Ace

greg nice
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
right. in a vaccuum, everyone on this forum would have raised the turn (had they not raised the flop). raising LAGs can also get them thinking that you are just "playing back" and even if you didnt have a set of 2s maybe you would still talk yourself into giving action depending on the dynamics of the game. so yes there are many reasons why a raise should have been made.

original post asked "anyone care to share why hero would play this hand so poorly?" so i am just throwing out ideas

Heimdal
11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I think he is just bad, but maybe he just misread the board. Thought there were 3 to a flush on turn or 4 to a straight on river. I have never done that, but I have made some weird plays because I misread the board.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB ($1018)
UTG ($1170.50)
Hero ($1000)
CO ($1072)
Button ($1042.75)
SB ($1023.88)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $30.

Flop: ($85) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, BB calls $60.

Turn: ($205) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($205) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $205

psuasskicker
11-16-2005, 05:27 PM
I have made some weird plays because I misread the board.

heh... As long as we're going with the no content theme...

I play in a local limit game on Friday nights and had a hand come up as follows:
I'm dealt AJs in LP. BB isn't a great player but isn't awful. EP is a maniac.

EP raises, I call, BB calls.
Flop is JT7, BB checks, EP checks, I bet, BB calls, EP raises, call call.
Turn is 7, BB checks, EP checks, I bet, BB now raises and EP calls.

EP will call with AK here. He might have an overpair, but he could have a lot worse than I have. BB though, I got a read on him that he was REALLY strong from his body language. So I folded. River was a brick and it went bet call, and BB shows down T8 vs. EP's QQ. BB then says "Sh*t, I thought I had T7."

Definitely happens, though I doubt much given AHS's statement that Hero is terrible that this was just a board misread.

- C -