PDA

View Full Version : I suck

RollaJ
06-26-2003, 08:24 AM
I played 15-30 at party last night, and the fish ate me alive with their loose/calls and crappy hands. I did play one hand badly though and that one cost me $150 or so, but the rest I had no control over and I lost over $800........ F-ME! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

HavanaBanana
06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Sorry Buddy /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

But Hey, ask Granny, she might do it! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

dux
06-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Ouch my freind. Better luck next time. And there will be a next time.

Packerfan1
06-26-2003, 10:27 AM
Im on track for my first losing MONTH since last June. Got absolutely crushed when I tried UB and the 3 & less outers are flowing like water at Party over the last week (uh... when the site actually works, that is)

Maybe we could start an "I suck at the Zoo" club... uh, wait that is really just not right. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Pack

MS Sunshine
06-26-2003, 10:49 AM
ROFLMAO

I'm glad that some of the sharks are being eaten by the guppys, because I wish for these fish to last as long as possible. +900 yesterday at $5-10 with a little $10-20. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

MS Sunshine

Inthacup
06-26-2003, 11:22 AM
That sucks, but don't kill yourself over 27BB. Those swings are not uncommon for any player. Hope you don't have to drop down a level as a result.

RiverMel
06-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Does anyone else think UB tends to have the toughest low limit games? I have played some 2/4 and 3/6 there recently and I thought that there were quite a few good players. Not to say there isn't your smattering of fish, but there seemed to be more players than usual at the low limits that really knew what they were doing. A few of them were making moves reminiscent of mid limits. Anyone else notice this? Did I just go on a few bad days?

RollaJ
06-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Actually the loss was about 20 big bets and while it was a lot of money for my party bankroll it is not really that big a deal in terms of big bets. The other $200 was when I lost 2 $108 NL single tables. The tourneys were the ones that really pissed me off, both times I got all the money in as a 4-1 favorite and got sucked out on......YUCK!(Just a note: The $100NL were not fishy at all seemed like 8 good players, 2 poor)

Ironically according to the theory of poker I had a great night last night /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

crazy canuck
06-26-2003, 02:32 PM
Rollaj wrote: I played 15-30 at party last night, and the fish ate me alive with their loose/calls and crappy hands.

Oh well, so you lost money to Jimbo et al. Better luck next time! And not like he needs the money, he makes 6 figures at his regular job. I never knew internet forum goons can make that much. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Twisty
06-26-2003, 03:24 PM
If your gonna play 15-30 regularly be prepared to lose 2k in some sessions without getting upset.
You might not be prepared for that limit if losing 800 bothers you.
But on the up side a good month at 15-30 will net you 20k+

good luck
Twisty

p.s.Some of the biggest sharks look like fishies

Jimbo
06-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Crazy Canuck it's not that much fun being a goon anymore without Tom D to harras me. Also I get paid by the number of kooks I bash, I've been starving these days! LoL
Too bad I cashed out of Party a couple a weeks ago, sounds like the games are sweet. Actually they did give me my $25 back for the FedEx fee refund so I should be back in the 15/30 in a few months or less, either that or get busted. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jeffage
06-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Don't feel bad buddy. I lost like a grand last night then couldn't keep playing because their server went to hell in a handbasket. Leaves a good taste in your mouth before bed lol. But yea, it goes that way sometimes...games are great but swings in 15-30 Party are enormous...Say hi if you see me there.

Jeff

Sundown
06-26-2003, 05:04 PM
This is my 1st post at 2+2 lately i'm slightly confused about the on line sites, Poker Stars my favorite seam to me too be the toughest tournements,and looking at the winners circle feel only IMHO unsure about how new players always cash, yes you will see some names come up ore frequently but they play a lot or tournements.
With games in general i'm loosing, honestly feel if i stoped at the right time (when is the right time ) i would win, but feel a target.
With Party Poker, the one tables i've won a few, but maybe new players will win in the beginning. Now with UB lower limits have had some better results, maybe i stepped down because i'm not doing well with higher limits.
Is it possible because its not really regulated to put a computer to give hands to new costomes? is everyone 100 % sure its okay to play online. indont want to be to sceptic but unfortunatly i'm becoming that way.

tiltboy
06-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Ask and you shall receive Jimbo.

crazy canuck
06-26-2003, 07:24 PM

Jimbo
06-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Funny you guys should post this. I was thinking the very same thing and had prepared a very witty response to his post. Then I saw he was a fresh poster and I always try to be polite to them unless they prove they deserve otherwise. I suppose it is bread and water again tonight! Damn those scruples! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

GrannyMae
06-26-2003, 11:14 PM
Is it possible because its not really regulated to put a computer to give hands to new costomes? is everyone 100 % sure its okay to play online. indont want to be to sceptic but unfortunatly i'm becoming that way.

all of the rooms you mentioned are fine sundown. stars, UB, party and paradise are the biggest and safest.

medium sites that are FINE include wsex, IC, and pacific

stick to the biggest sites and you will never be cheated by the site. they have no reason to rig anything because they make enough money that there is no reason to cheat people.

you need to watch the players to make sure there is no collusion. if you suspect it, email support asap.

stay away from the brand new sites, or the smaller, struggling sites and you will do fine. when i say fine, i mean that all will be on the up and up. however, i am of the beleif that your average online player is better than your average brick and mortar player (the crazy fishies of late excluded).

so if you find that you are having trouble booking a win, you may want to step down in limit and stay there until you can beat that crew.

read some books, play within your means, and for God's sake stop spending time worrying and blaming losses on rigged software. once you get past this, you can concentrate on your game, where your attention belongs.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/dousing.gif

Vehn
06-26-2003, 11:30 PM
stick to the biggest sites and you will never be cheated by the site. they have no reason to rig anything because they make enough money that there is no reason to cheat people.

I am not a kook but this statement is essentially wrong as shown by the history of humanity /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Inthacup
06-27-2003, 12:21 AM
I am not a kook

Don't sell yourself short Vehn, you're a tremendous kook.

Vehn
06-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Well I showed everyone who always said I'd never amount to anything.

tiltboy
06-30-2003, 12:36 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Well I showed everyone who always said I'd never amount to anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That they were right?

just KIDDING! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Skyhooker
06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Pardon me for saying so, Rolla, but that'll teach you to play limit! I don't know about your limit game, but I'd say stick to NL. I've seen you play. It's your game.

Better luck! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Skyhooker

RollaJ
06-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments but at the NL game I average about $12-13 an hour, but at the $5-10 I am averaging $29 an hour, so while the swings are worse I think I am still better off there.......It was really just one bad night at a limit higher than I am used to, I hope to build back up and try again /forums/images/icons/grin.gif