PDA

View Full Version : Gangwizard concert review / trip report

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Boris, haakee, GiftofGab, and I went out Monday night to hang w/ mike l. and check out his band.

We got to where they were playing and mike told us that we would probably hate them and should leave if we get sick of them. He also told us most of the other bands would suck, except for this one chick.

We met at the venue and had a drink. I think most of us had beers. Mike l. had a Maker's Manhattan.

Then I took these guys on a few block walk (a few farther than I thought) to my favorite burrito place, La Taqueria. We got to where I thought the place was and there was a brand new place there! WTF? Very bad memories of the DuckFest Debacle were rekindled. We started walking back to to to El Farolito (another place I really like), but then I decided this couldn't be true and we should go to the end of the block. Boris was hesitant, but I would not relent. Indeed, three or so doors down, there was La Taqueria! Phew. Mike and I had carne asada burritos, the rest of the guys had chorizo. I think everyone liked the food. Mike said he preferred El Farolito, but I definitely prefer the no-rice burritos at La Taqueria.

Then had a beer at Doc's clock.

Sometime around here mike called Josh W and Sucker to talk about the super-high-limit action at the Commerce where they were both playing but I think both hung up on him. Later we called again and I offered to stake Sucker 25% if he would play the mixed game.

Then went back to the venue and I managed to scratch on the 8 ball in two separate games of pool. But enjoyed beers. Then saw this chick doing some really out there music. She was definitely talented, but I didn't really dig it. She had a sexy musician vibe going, though.

Somewhere along the way badbeetz showed up, then he disappeared for a long time to make out w/ some 18yo punk rock chick he met in the street. That boy has some moves.

At some point, GoG realized that he had left the $17 change from the toll on the center console of his car, parked in a dark alley near my place. I was pretty sure some homeless dude would smash his window, as cars with stuff left out around there are always broken into. He ended up giving Boris $3 to insure the $17 and haakee $22 to insure the window for $250. Haakee would have gotten more money from gab, but beetz really screwed him by downplaying the risk. beetz was right though, the car was unscathed!

badbeetz also met this chick who I now may be in love with: Jesse (http://www.edgetonerecords.com/quattro.html) Quattro (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/picturesrhtml/Jesse_Quattro/default.htm)
(first link to learn about her, second link to see how hot she is)

Then the next band started and mike said wow these guys suck, we should go back downstairs. So we had some more drinks and hung out w/ the chick (who was also playing w/ mike's band).

Then back upstairs to see gangwizard. Mike started out playing drums, but like really mellow drums. Then he started playing trombone. The band was interesting, but really out there, and a little cacophonous. Definitely experimental and out there. After listening to a little more of this, we went downstairs w/ Boris, as he had to catch a midnight train home.

Had some more drinks, mike came downstairs, we talked to the musician chick who I guess did not dig any of us, two of the guys wagered on who looked younger (one of them lost a lot of money to the way older guy), had some Surfers on Acid (jager, rum, pineapple juice - WTF), then left and had some pizza, then that was it. I was pretty hungover the next morning.

All in all, a great night.

11-16-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
badbeetz also met this chick who I now may be in love with: Jesse (http://www.edgetonerecords.com/quattro.html) Quattro (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/picturesrhtml/Jesse_Quattro/default.htm)
(first link to learn about her, second link to see how hot she is)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to assume two things here.

1)You were drunk when you met her.
2)You had not reached a point of sobriety between meeting her and the posting of this trip report.

I feel for you if you are now sober.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 06:15 AM
WTF man? Look how cute she is! And she ROCKS!

11-16-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and checked again just to be sure.

I find it difficult to use the word cute in any way shape or form. I suppose if you tried some other adjectives I might be like ok she might be kinda that. But cute? WTF man!

She probably does rock. That's probably hot. I guess we'll have to chalk this one up as a "you had to be there" thing.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it difficult to use the word cute in any way shape or form. I suppose if you tried some other adjectives I might be like ok she might be kinda that. But cute? WTF man!

She probably does rock. That's probably hot. I guess we'll have to chalk this one up as a "you had to be there" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You are telling me you went through those pictures and you do not think she has a really pretty face?

11-16-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You are telling me you went through those pictures and you do not think she has a really pretty face?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062111/default.htm

Yeah basically...

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically...

[/ QUOTE ]
you (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062110/default.htm) are (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062107/default.htm) wrong (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062109/default.htm)

mikech
11-16-2005, 06:48 AM
she's not hot.

also, she looks like she takes herself way too seriously. i'm only going from the vibe i get from these pics, and maybe it's just the way she looks during performance, but she seems like one of those chicks who think what they're doing is some kinda high art or something, which is really annoying.

mikech
11-16-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically...

[/ QUOTE ]
you (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062110/default.htm) are (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062107/default.htm) wrong (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062109/default.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]
not to mention she has a really (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062113/default.htm) shapely (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062114/default.htm) figure. (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062115/default.htm)

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Mike, you may well be correct on your points in both posts.

11-16-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we'll have to chalk this one up as a "you had to be there" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to give you an out Diablo, but nooooo, argue you must.

I didn't feel it was necessary to go for the waist. Thanks Mike, you did what I was holding back.

Diablo, go sober up.

Yeti
11-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Oh well. I guess even the best have bad-thread days.

Schneids
11-16-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well. I guess even the best have bad-thread days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo's antics in this thread are not too surprising, he has been a little off of his game lately.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't feel it was necessary to go for the waist. Thanks Mike, you did what I was holding back.

Diablo, go sober up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are old pics from before she started working out a lot.

bugstud
11-16-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, go sober up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so get better pics, we're looking at tainted goods here and can't properly evaluate.

Matt Flynn
11-16-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the band called A Moment of Clarity? That would fit real good here.

11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This provided me with the biggest LOL I have had on these boards in at least 4 days. Touche!

Slow Play Ray
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Surfers on Acid (jager, rum, pineapple juice - WTF)

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds good - report?

11-16-2005, 12:40 PM
A Surfer on Acid can be a lot of things in a lot of places. Drink names change when you're in different parts of the country. I learned this the hard way.

That being said, a surfer on acid, as described, is really good - when made with the proper proportions. I don't know what those are, but I've had some really good ones and some really bad ones.

I'd assume something like:
3/4 oz Jagr
1/2 oz malibu
3/4 oz pineapple juice

or somethin like that. If you're not looking to make it shot sized, i'd use a lot of each and just make it into a lowball. They're surprisingly drinkable.

Boris
11-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Just a minor point of clarification, when I left the bar badbeetz was making out with 3 18 y.o. punk rock chicks. He looked really happy.

Yeti
11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a minor point of clarification, when I left the bar badbeetz was making out with 3 18 y.o. punk rock chicks. He looked really happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. F Diablo. We need a trip report from badbeetz.

asofel
11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

evidently butter eating overshadows bad spelling

haakee
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
You think 18 y.o. punk rock chicks know how to speel anyway?

asofel
11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You think 18 y.o. punk rock chicks know how to speel anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh like r u sirius!?? mah spellins grate and beets wuz SO cute LOL!!1

Boris
11-16-2005, 02:54 PM
WTF are you guys talking about? Are you telling me badbeetz = peachy? That'd be a shocker.

asofel
11-16-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you guys talking about? Are you telling me badbeetz = peachy? That'd be a shocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahah. No, although the me=mah, challenge=challange similarity does exist...

I do hope beetz drops by and explains that sort of conduct...

bad beetz
11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
No, this chick is worth being in love with. She's edgy, hot, has a look, and cares about [censored].

B Dids
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
beetz is my favorite poster now.

asofel
11-17-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, this chick is worth being in love with. She's edgy, hot, has a look, and cares about [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

less chick defense, more trip report.

bad beetz
11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Oh Man, Asofel, that made semen come out of my nose!

I know I can't spell. It's because I don't read + am stupid + never use spell check.

BUTTTTT!!!! I know how to score on 18 year olds.

So here's the trip report.

1. I go to help my friend who is barfing because she is sick. While doing that I find myself in a moral dilemma (see my own response to this thread). I feel good about my play.

2. I got to the bar, meet El D, Boris, Haakman, Mike L (who as it turns out is a really nice guy), and Gift of Gab. No Sucker?

We have a round, and I get screwed out of playing in a game. I say, “Can I play in this one?” But everyone just abandons me to go upstairs. EXCEPT BORIS! Boris is my nigga. He hangs back to whoop me good at pool before heading upstairs.

We go upstairs. A band comes on and it's a chick on drums and a dude on guitar…. And I'm like…. SWEET! White Stripes! This is going to pump out some phatty noise that we can rock out to, but instead it's like I want to drill into my ear and masturbate with a cheese grader to stop the noise/pain. There first song was called like “suck ass tractor colon” or some [censored].

I [censored] bail on that real quick, and ask the chick at the front desk for a smoke. She gives me one, no hassle, and I think "I'm going to run good tonight."

I go outside, and two chicks are sitting on a couch outside. I don't know what the couch is doing there, but I go over to talk them. Thinking about how to approach this situation…. Then one of them says, "you want to sit with us?" so I tell my brain it's cool, we won’t need you for another few minutes.

I sit on the couch and these chicks are 18 and 19 and drizzunk. I get them to make out with each other. Then the cute one to makes out with me. Then Jesse Quattro sits down and hits on the cute one. Then the cute one swaps places with the not cute one and makes out with me some more and tugs at my balls.

Then I’m like, I gotta go se my boy’s Mike L’s band! So I go back inside and there is some ridiculous wager about GOG or Haakman looking older. I tell GOG that this is all going to end in tears if he doesn't do this under good lighting, because Haakman looks like a 14 year old boy in dark lighting.

El D. grabs a chick to judge, and I take the seat she got up from to sit with her friend. I buy them some drinks, the are fun. Still running good.

I see Jesse Quattro at the bar, and buy her a drink, and tell her I hope that every thing good happens to her band and that she makes it big and gets rich and is on MTV cribs and has Cosmos every night with Mudvayne, and then I leave without asking for a number or anything. My take on Jesse is that she’s got that real far away look in her eye when she talks you, like shes thinking whether drowning you would be better? Or straight razor

It's like that dude in "40 year old virgin says,"

"You've planted the seed. Now you wait for the seed to grow into a plant. Then YOU [censored] THE PLANT!"

bad beetz
11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Walking in mission 3 months ago. College looking kid runs a scam on me, “From New York, lost, .. do you live around here. Etc. etc. need money for the last bart…. If I could just get 5 bucks….”

Anyway, his shtick is pretty solid and probably has a very high success rate. I told him to produce and NY ID and I’d give him a Benji. No ID

SOOOOO……… This night on the way to get my sushi I see him again. He opens the same way… I tell him he already hit me and to F off.

HERE’s THE QUESTION…..

On the way back I see him running his game on two 40 year old broads. Their backs are to me, his eyes are on me. He is not physically threatening in any way and certainly not packing. He cannot hurt you. Do you tell or walk on by?

bad beetz
11-18-2005, 01:22 AM
WhoTF is peachy?

Is someone calling me a [censored]?

mike l.
11-18-2005, 01:26 AM
let's put it this way:

youre sitting in a really good game, i come up behind you and announce to the table, "woah watch out for this kid he makes $xxx,xxx,xxx per year playing limit hold em! blah blah blah!"

leave the con alone, you yourself are one.

Clarkmeister
11-18-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, go sober up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOL. I've never known The Diablo to backtrack like this.

HopeydaFish
11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not to mention she has a really (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062113/default.htm) shapely (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062114/default.htm) figure. (http://www.downtownmusic.net/pictures/showpicturerhtml/108298062115/default.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's two tons of fun right there.

She looks a little like the woman who just got 30 years for the teenage sex parties.

Voltron87
11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
youre sitting in a really good game, i come up behind you and announce to the table, "woah watch out for this kid he makes $xxx,xxx,xxx per year playing limit hold em! blah blah blah!"

leave the con alone, you yourself are one.

[/ QUOTE ]

apples vs oranges, round 1

Clarkmeister
11-18-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's like that dude in "40 year old virgin says,"

"You've planted the seed. Now you wait for the seed to grow into a plant. Then YOU [censored] THE PLANT!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen this movie yet, but this line really makes me want to.

mike l.
11-18-2005, 01:41 AM
"apples vs oranges, round 1"

i know. but i was trying to get someone to throw that "no poker on this forum" banner at me.

Clarkmeister
11-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Sounds like your band sucks. What gives. I had high hopes.

mike l.
11-18-2005, 02:05 AM
"Sounds like your band sucks."

dude you hate the smiths! we're nothing like the smiths but i would guess that for as much as we agree on in poker we disagree on way more when it comes to music.

to be fair, i told all of them that they would do well to stay downstairs while my band played. not only did we kind of suck that night by our own strange standards (and i saw that coming preshow), but i was certain after a minute or so talking to boris and diablo that they were not at all on the same page, and would dislike our music.

or in short, as concerns 99% of the posters on here, yes we suck dreadfully. avoid.

ps: i caught a short glimpse of the girl in question at the bar and she was indeed hanky.

JaBlue
11-18-2005, 02:06 AM
that girl is HELLA ug

Clarkmeister
11-18-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you hate the smiths!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Seriously, they are maybe my most hated band of all time.

bad beetz
11-18-2005, 02:41 AM
It's EXACTLY THE SAME.

Mike L is on the nose.

I don't waltz into people’s homes and say, "YO! YOU FUCKIING IDIOTS, QVC IS LYING TO YOU, THOSE BASEBALL CARDS ARE WORTH $10, NOT $1000," "Thigh master WILL NOT WORK."

So if I don't run around trying to convince those people that they are being lied to and conned, what's the difference here.

If these women cough up $5, they are suckers and are $5 poorer.

If these women buy $10 worth of baseball cards on QVC that are sold for $1000 they are $990 poorer. Who's the bigger crook?

This guy has his game.

RESULTS:

The guy paused mid sentence thinking I was going to donk him. But I winked at the guy and walked on. He continued his speech.

Ulysses
11-18-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy paused mid sentence thinking I was going to donk him. But I winked at the guy and walked on. He continued his speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike l.
11-18-2005, 03:44 AM
"But I winked at the guy"

that's you saying that? werent you the one instigating the prop bet that never went about how much haakee would be forced to pay to not have to view everyone's wangs? scary stuff man...

Ulysses
11-18-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"But I winked at the guy"

that's you saying that? werent you the one instigating the prop bet that never went about how much haakee would be forced to pay to not have to view everyone's wangs? scary stuff man...

[/ QUOTE ]

beetz is the one doing the winking. I am merely setting up deals where dudes get money for not exposing their wangs.

KaneKungFu123
11-18-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is almost as hot as Janis Joplin

Yeti
11-18-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then the cute one swaps places with the not cute one and makes out with me some more and tugs at my balls.

Then I’m like, I gotta go se my boy’s Mike L’s band!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling we are missing a part of the story here.

Shajen
11-18-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
RESULTS:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.