PDA

View Full Version : David Spade's show on Comedy Central makes me feel ...

Unabridged
11-16-2005, 04:06 AM
embarrassed for him
he should commit ritual suicide to regain the favor of the gods

Blarg
11-16-2005, 04:23 AM
He's never been very interesting or good anyway. He's just got a career that seems to refuse to die quietly.

Landon_McFly
11-16-2005, 04:27 AM
I completely disagree. He's the ultimate azzhole. I can't help but to laugh at everything he has to say. He's just TOO funny. I think he's one of the toughest comedians to take in an argument. The only people who I think would make him look stupid are Dennis Miller, and my new all time fav... Jon Stewart.

Put george carlin in there somewhere too /images/graemlins/wink.gif

11-16-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's never been very interesting or good anyway. He's just got a career that seems to refuse to die quietly.

[/ QUOTE ]

His funniness started and ended with the hollywood minute.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-16-2005, 04:34 AM
I agree, though I never thought he was that funny to begin with. Same for Corolla's show; they both need sidekicks, beit a Dr. Drew, Jimmy Kimmel, or Chris Farley.

Blarg
11-16-2005, 04:34 AM
I think he would win most arguments by moral default because he's so annoying that nobody could resist skipping the discussion and just slapping him around.

PokerGoblin
11-16-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I completely disagree. He's the ultimate azzhole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close. You could make a better argument for a lot of comedians, Denis Leary and Nick DiPaulo to name a couple.

He is a product of being furtunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. He was on SNL in the early 90's when they had their best cast in 15 years, and maybe the best ever. Sandler, Rock, Nealon, Farley, and Hartman carried the show. Spade piggybacked off of their success on SNL and piggybacked off of Farley in the movies they were in together.

Spade is an unfunny, annoying, wiseass midget who, when his limited movie draw faded out he went on to make a bad Shitcom on NBC (I think), then he resurfaces three years later doing homoerotic credit card commercials.

Now all of sudden he's doing comedy centrals version of Entertainment Tonight. Except it's not very entertaining.

Spade is a 2nd rate actor who cannot succeed without a supporting cast whose talent and draw far outweighs his.

If I were a Hollywood producer, I wouldn't book him as a guest on SpaceGhost.

PG

imported_The Vibesman
11-16-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

His funniness started and ended with the hollywood minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely, which is why I sort of like his new show. It's basically the Hollywood Minute stretched into a half hour, with feature segments and what not. I always found Spade annoying in the past but I've seen a few episodes of this and think it's pretty funny. I thought perhaps he had found his niche.

Blarg
11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I think you couldn't be more wrong that the SNL cast you name is anywhere near the best ever, but do agree with a lot of the rest of what you said and in particular this:

[ QUOTE ]
Spade is a 2nd rate actor who cannot succeed without a supporting cast whose talent and draw far outweighs his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone on his t.v. show seems much more talented than he is, including the characters I don't like much at all. Not that I like his show in the first place, but I do give credit to the people who make it work, like the main chick and Elliot Gould. Spade's role in that sitcom is to not just blow it completely.

It seems like it's always that way with him.

imported_The Vibesman
11-16-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone on his t.v. show seems much more talented than he is, including the characters I don't like much at all. Not that I like his show in the first place, but I do give credit to the people who make it work, like the main chick and Elliot Gould. Spade's role in that sitcom is to not just blow it completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, I have no idea what show you guys are talking about here. I was talking about his new Comedy Central show, which is basically the entertainment version of The Daily Show. I never saw a David Spade sitcom.

Blarg
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
We did.

imported_The Vibesman
11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We did.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I feel for you. No one should have to go through that. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Blarg
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Heheh. It sucked.

PokerGoblin
11-16-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you couldn't be more wrong that the SNL cast you name is anywhere near the best ever...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, I am not all that educated on the history of SNL.

I am too young to remember the Radner/Kaufman/Chase/Akyroyd etc. era of SNL.

My ignorance on the subject is not well hidden I admit.

All I know is Spade is right up there with Ben Stiller as far as comedic actors with no business being in movies are concerned.

PG

benza13
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
After seeing one funny preview, I gave the show a shot, its ok.

He'll probably never top the joke in that preview though, it went something like this.

"Lindsay Lohan recently admitted trying marijuana and not liking it.

Thats just like me, except if you replace not liking it with 'loving it and now smoking it 5-12 times a day."

Not that I even believe Spade is a stoner, its just that the delivery on this was perfect.

istewart
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
The answer is always no.

11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Didn't his assisstant shoot him with a stun gun and rob him? I also heard he is an a hole.

Exitonly
11-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Wow, am i the only one that likes this show?

Nick Swardson on last night was great.

It's very good. Better than the Colbert Report.