-Mid-High Shorthanded (MHSH)
-Small-Stakes Shorthanded (SSSH)"

-Micro Limits(ML)
-Small Stakes(SS)
-Mid Stakes(MS)
-Higher Stakes(HS)

Beats, Brags, and Variance
Forum Suggestions.

Who do we think should do what? I'm going to bed now. I'll post thoughts in the morning.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:12 AM
I'd say Josh. would be a great 2nd moderator for MHUSH...I'd prefer to moderate MHUSH also because that will be my regular forum.

I think DMBFan23 is a good candidate for 2nd SSHUSH mod along with Mr Wookie. Our House is another good choice but IMHO DMBFan23 has been around longer and is a better choice - assuming he wants the position...I got the impression that he did but I'd have to send him a PM.

HUSHers have asked for a HUSH regular as a 2nd mod of SSHUSH and I know that guys like Krishanleong, Josh., Entity, et al. would probably want the position even though it's not their main forum if DMBFan23 didn't want the job etc.

Jason_t could be a candidate for the new mid-stakes forum, along with Josh. if he's passed over for either of the HUSHes. There are likely other good candidates that I can't think of at 3am though too.

We might be able to find mods for "Forum Suggestions" and the "BBV" forums from within the ranks of current mods, no? Otherwise i'd have to do some thinking but could probably come up with a few.

Surf

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 04:21 AM
DcifrThis should definitely be mod for higher stakes (unless he doesn't want to be, obviously, but I can't imagine why that would be). I am the other current mod for mid-high and won't really be participating in the "higher" forum anyway, so it seems natural that I would now be a mod for mid stakes. It would make sense to have a second mod for these forums. I don't know who would be appropriate for higher stakes. For mid stakes, I guess first shot should go to any current mods who may want it; for example, someone like Entity or Evan might want to move up there from small. If we are pulling in a new mod, I think TStoneMBD and jason_t are the obvious candidates.

durron597
11-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Didn't DMBFan23 get suspended for making a crazy rant-like post in OOT at one point? Plus he's also Ron Burgundy, I dunno about his strategy posts but if I have the right guy I'm not sure he's the best choice...

B Dids
11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
DMBFan has made some amazingly childish posts in response to something as simple as getting a gimmic account banned. Doesn't strike me as a mod at all.

If nobody else wants it, I'll throw my name out there for the bad beats forum.

I'll co-sign a vote for Josh as a mod.

I'd also suggest sfter/The Daver if he's interested for mid-stakes.

BottlesOf
11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure Dave isn't interested. I'd second a nomination for Josh as a mod of mid Hush or any other limit strategy forum.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't DMBFan23 get suspended for making a crazy rant-like post in OOT at one point? Plus he's also Ron Burgundy, I dunno about his strategy posts but if I have the right guy I'm not sure he's the best choice...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of this, I don't visit OOT so I'm only aware of his strategy posts which have generally been high-quality. If this is true then I agree that it would make him unappealing as a moderator candidate.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Jeffw said:

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 6-max is low stakes, right? If so, cartman, Stellarwind and Michael Davis would all fit the bill. I don't know if any of them are interested in being moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I hadn't thought of them at 3am last night.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Ron Burgundy is DMBFan? I guess I'm behind the times.

I was going to back him for my partner in crime, but I do remember that childish rant. Maybe he's not the best pick. He does post great strategy, though, and he's willing to post "below" his level.

The guy I'd nominate for the job is JaxUp. He's been playing 10/20 6 max, but he posts almost exclusively in the micros. He posts good stuff, is polite, and has been quite an asset to the forum. The only mark against him is that he's not a HUSH regular, and I see the merit of promoting one to sort of bridge the gap in the split. In that vein, I think of the three guys suggested in that HUSH thread, StellarWind is the clear choice. I'd like to see him get promoted, assuming he wants the job. Should I send him a PM?

Maybe I'll nominate JaxUp for mod of the BBV forum. He's really made good use of the NC threads in Micro, so he enjoys the system. I'd also be willing to do the job, and I'm sure Dids is a fine choice as well.

I'll endorse Josh. for whatever post you guys see fit for him, whether MUSH or Mid. He'd do a good job. Schneids is obviously also a solid poster. Is he better for the job than Josh.? I'm not so sure. Should he be "saved" for a HU forum? Eh, that forum may never come to be.

The last question I have is if I'll be leaving my post in Micro. I wouldn't mind sticking around there, but I may PM a couple of my ideas if I do end up jumping ship.

durron597
11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of this, I don't visit OOT so I'm only aware of his strategy posts which have generally been high-quality. If this is true then I agree that it would make him unappealing as a moderator candidate.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think that being one of the best strategy posters is a requirement for moderator. IMHO, it's more about the attitude. While above average and winning, I'm certainly not one of the best players in the STT forum.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Moderating is about managing people, not about being a good poker player. Obviously at some point poker knowledge helps, but being able to lay down the law and let people not hate you at the same time helps a lot.

Poker knowledge is probably most important just in terms of getting the respect of the other posters.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Poker knowledge is probably most important just in terms of getting the respect of the other posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought as well. There has been a worry from future SSHUSHers that the atmosphere at the new SSHUSH wont be like the current HUSH, so having a solid strategy-posting HUSHer as a 2nd mod (while of course being patient + competent when it comes to managing ppl) would be best IMHO.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids is obviously also a solid poster. Is he better for the job than Josh.? I'm not so sure. Should he be "saved" for a HU forum? Eh, that forum may never come to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah these are my thoughts as well. I think Josh. would be a better MHUSH moderator because of the amazing amount of time he spends on the HUSH forum. Schneids has said he'll post regularly in MHUSH but Josh. has a track record of greater consistency. Also, as you said Schneids would be the quintissential HU moderator if that forum does indeed come to be at some point.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Good post. I'll back Josh. for MHSH mod, and Schneids will get HUT, should that come to be.

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't agree with this idea of not giving Schneids moderator power on MHHUSH because of the possibility of a HUT forum someday being created. We all saw how long it took before MHHUSH was created despite popular demand (actually we haven't seen that since it still doesn't exist). If we make him a moderator for MHHUSH now and then someday HUT is created, it is trivial to have him be the moderator there and possiblity assign a new MHHUSH moderator. I don't see why this is such a big deal that it should stop us from making Schneids a mod for MHHUSH right now. He clearly wants it. I think he deserves it. It will lead to him posting more and spending more time there which is what everyone in the HUSH community wants.

Sthief should definitely be a mod somewhere (possibly also MHHUSH), but I think that Schneids must be a MHHUSH mod no matter what.

Greg J
11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
TStoneMBD would be an excellent moderator.

I agress with Matt that Jaxup would also do a fine job.

durron597
11-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Are we sure all of them want the job and/or can commit the time required for it?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 03:58 PM
The point that Schneids being a mod will also encourage him to post more is a good one that I hadn't considered.

Hm...

Surf

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we sure all of them want the job and/or can commit the time required for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Josh. and Schneids have made it clear that they are interested. Josh. spends all day on 2+2 anyway, so why not have him keep a forum clean? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As I said before, Schneids isn't as consistent a presence but making him a mod might change that. He actually started a poll in HUSH about "MUSH Mod" and the only candidate in the poll was himself.

Surf

Edit: I also think it wouldn't be a big deal to have Me, Josh., and Schneids all be mods of MHUSH - it's certainly not going to get "over-moderated" it'll just be more likely that one of us will be actively browsing the forum at any given point.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Eh, I guess we could make you, Schneids and Josh. all MUSH mods. Then, if we make a HUT, we can just move Schneids over there. Having 3 mods isn't at the point of all chiefs and no braves, I suppose.

Who do we want to take the helm of Mid and Higher? Dcifrthis for higher, but will he have a cohort? What about for Suggestions?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I guess we could make you, Schneids and Josh. all MUSH mods. Then, if we make a HUT, we can just move Schneids over there. Having 3 mods isn't at the point of all chiefs and no braves, I suppose.

Who do we want to take the helm of Mid and Higher? Dcifrthis for higher, but will he have a cohort? What about for Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobbyi has said he'll be a mid mod, and I agree that Jason_t and tstoneMBD are both good candidates as his cohort.

Dcifrthis may or may not need a 2nd mod, I don't know how often he is on the forums, but I would ask him who he thought was best suited for 2nd mod of Higher stakes.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would back Tstone. I don't like Jason_t for the same reason we voted down DMBFan. I think a lot of his posts come off as immature, childish, and whiny. I'm with durron in that attitude is of chief importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really? It's like some of these guys are Jekyll and Hyde when they leave the strategy forums - I always thought of jason_t as quite mature and composed and a great Mod candidate.

Surf

Greg J
11-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll throw out three more names for you guys to kick around. bicyclekick and James282 could be great for Higher limits. For a suggestions forum, there is one guy I respect a lot that I think has continually demonstrated sound reasoning -- the kind a mod should have -- and that is Microbob.

I'm not sure if any other these guys are interested though.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Good call on Microbob. He's a fine choice for the suggestion forum. You wanna send him a PM to see if he's interested?

As for Jason_T, maybe it's just that OOT brings out the worst in some people. Even so, I'd rather not have someone green trapsing around OOT as he does. A bad attitude from a mod reflects poorly on 2+2, even if that mod isn't in his home forum.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good call on Microbob. He's a fine choice for the suggestion forum. You wanna send him a PM to see if he's interested?

As for Jason_T, maybe it's just that OOT brings out the worst in some people. Even so, I'd rather not have someone green trapsing around OOT as he does. A bad attitude from a mod reflects poorly on 2+2, even if that mod isn't in his home forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd microbob for the Forum Suggestions forum.

Also, I agree with you that a mod who behaves badly reflects negatively on 2+2 as a whole, regardless of whether it is in his home forum or in OOT. I was just honestly surprised that some of these guys can sound so intelligent + mature in a strategy forum and pull a 180 and be completely different elsewhere (in OOT for example).

Surf

durron597
11-16-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the answer to the above question is yes, I thumbs up without reservation Josh., Schneids, and Microbob.

I am certain both jason_t and TstoneMBD could do a good job if they wanted to, the question is do they want to? I don't want to see the jason_t/Dynasty pissing contest (which hopefully has ended by now, I wouldn't know) get worse by making him a mod.

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I think DcifrThis should pick the other mod for higher, if any. I'll PM him and point him to this thread.
EDIT: Ok, just sent the PM.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong here. If I had to pick the better mod between jason and TStone it's jason in a landslide.

Greg J
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I just sent him a pm to ask if he's interested.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Seriously. We don't need any more [censored]/Evan shenanigans.

Greg J
11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
...says he will do it.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Can you give me an example, Dids? Also, if we can't agree on either Tstone or Jason, is there another person we should consider?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw out three more names for you guys to kick around. bicyclekick and James282 could be great for Higher limits. For a suggestions forum, there is one guy I respect a lot that I think has continually demonstrated sound reasoning -- the kind a mod should have -- and that is Microbob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, i would be cool with BK or James282 as higher-limits mods, assuming Dcifrthis agrees.

Surf

durron597
11-16-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you give me an example, Dids? Also, if we can't agree on either Tstone or Jason, is there another person we should consider?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a limit poster, but I lurk there not too infrequently. So here's my suggestion: QTip?

astroglide
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had to pick the better mod between jason and TStone it's jason in a landslide

[/ QUOTE ]

same here.

i also think turning moderation of high stakes into an 'in-club' thing would be a bad idea. i would expect bk to impart too much personal/friendship bias. james282 would be a better choice, but i still think it would be best if the forum itself isn't wholly governed by a clique.

how about 1800gambler?

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a limit poster, but I lurk there not too infrequently. So here's my suggestion: QTip?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's a good poster, but his focus is mainly the lower end of small stakes (2/4) so I really don't think he makes as much sense as a mid-stakes mod as TStone does who has been primarily focussing on midstakes games.

durron597
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He's a good poster, but his focus is mainly the lower end of small stakes (2/4) so I really don't think he makes as much sense as a mid-stakes mod as TStone does who has been primarily focussing on midstakes games.

[/ QUOTE ]

My quick check found a 15/30 post by him and I remembered reading a few threads with good analysis by him.

What about moving some of the existing mods up and making Jake (the snake) and QTip small stakes mods? Aren't all three of the current mods playing mid stakes?

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I was looking into that. QTip came into the micros briefly playing 0.50/1, and then it seemed like he moved to 2/4 and SS within a month. I was sorry to see him go, and I'm surprised to see him still at 2/4. Anyway, we have Entity, Evan, and GoT all currently modding SS. What limits do they play? What about promoting QTip to be a mod of SS, and then bumping 2 of the three current SS mods to Mid Stakes?

B Dids
11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An example of what?

Read jason's posting history. Yeah- he has a stupid beef with dynasty, but beyond that his posts are very good.

My issue with TStone is simply that while he's a smart kid, he's very much a kid and doesn't strike me as having the people skills for a mod job.

I have a feeling jason wouldn't want the mod job anyway- so it may be pointless debate.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

how about 1800gambler?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay would be on my short list of people who would make a horrible mod.

astroglide
11-16-2005, 06:26 PM
i would love to see paluka do it, but i doubt he reads enough or would want to.

i think daryn would be an excellent choice, but i expect that others might not share that opinion so i didn't even raise it in my last post. he and paluka were the first that came to mind.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was looking into that. QTip came into the micros briefly playing 0.50/1, and then it seemed like he moved to 2/4 and SS within a month. I was sorry to see him go, and I'm surprised to see him still at 2/4. Anyway, we have Entity, Evan, and GoT all currently modding SS. What limits do they play? What about promoting QTip to be a mod of SS, and then bumping 2 of the three current SS mods to Mid Stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great idea.

Entity + GoT in particular play mid stakes and up from what I've seen recently. I'm not sure what Evan plays b/c I haven't seen many hand posts but this seems like the best idea thus far b/c of the trepidations regarding Tstone/jason et al.

Surf

B Dids
11-16-2005, 06:52 PM
FWIW- I think Rob should stay as an SS mod. Mostly because he's one of the few posters who has moved beyond the small and micro stakes, but still takes him to make posts in those forums. I also think he's one of the forums better posts in terms of teaching.

I just think his skill set is probably applied better in people who have more to learn from him.

I think TStone and jason would both be better mods than QTip.

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Evan plays midstakes too. The hands I've seen from him recently have been 15/30-ish.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Evan plays midstakes too. The hands I've seen from him recently have been 15/30-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, thanks. I didn't want to nominate him and have someone say "uhh...surf? he plays 5/10." Or some-such. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Surf

DcifrThs
11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Ive been in philly and will be ehre till sunday.i just got bobbyi's PM about the split. I think its a great idea and dont know off the top another person to mod although i do know there's a bunch of good candidates.

get back later.

Barron

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Where are those guys? They need to comment on whether they want to stay in small or move to mid.

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are those guys? They need to comment on whether they want to stay in small or move to mid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I PM'd the lot of them and told them to get over here and provide some input.

GuyOnTilt
11-16-2005, 08:34 PM
I'd prefer to stay as an SS mod, but I wouldn't mind modding Midstakes either.

GoT

Evan
11-16-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I PM'd the lot of them and told them to get over here and provide some input.

[/ QUOTE ]
I play what will now be considered mid limits (I think, 15/30 and 20/40 are in there, right?). I would prefer to be a mid limit mod because that's where I'll be playing and if I post hands that don't go in HUSH (which is where most of mine go) they will be in the mid limit forum. I wouldn't be opposed to staying an SS mod though, I'll probably still read that forum a bit. If the mid limit job is available I'd like to have it.

Entity
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Josh would be a great mod in the newer high-limit HUSH forum. I'd love to mod the middle limits forum as well. I will be spending a lot more time there, in general, than I will at SS.

Rob

Greg J
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I was thinking bumping up Ent or one of those guys would be good, and maybe you would be good for SS Matt, and we could promote Voracious Reader or Jaxup as another ML mod. (I would stay in the kiddie pool. /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

astroglide
11-16-2005, 08:47 PM
i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

i would have voted a solid no before that, but i'm further inclined to think that he shouldn't be a mod because i don't like the idea of things being run by a sewing circle. to whoever it was - if you have a problem with me, please raise it with me.

B Dids
11-16-2005, 08:58 PM
If people are sharing what's being discussed in here, that's not good. It's really had to give frank assessments of people's abilities to mod or anything else if that's getting back to them.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Seriously. Relaying this to people outside of the forum is inappropriate and unprofessional. Let's keep our quibbling behind closed doors.

Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip. Tstone has lost my support. I still don't really support jason_t.

VoraciousReader is another good one to consider for Micro. I sent her a PM to see if she's interested.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post in Mid-high about not adding the middle limits forum may have led a number of concerned posters to believe that you had somehow been the force preventing it from happening.

Tstone IM'd me yesterday (most HUSH regulars have my IM name - it's "Surfbullet" in case any of you need to reach me) angry about your post, seeing it as an effort to stop the creation of the mid-limits forum that he and others had lobbied for.
I said that while you had expressed the belief that it was not necessary in our discussions here, that it was ultimately Mat + Chuck's call and they'd do what they thought was in the best interests of 2+2 as a whole, given the responses of all the mods + the regulars in the thread.

I'm not sure what motivated him to send such a PM and it was foolish IMO.

While Tstone himself has acknowledged that he would not be the best candidate for moderator, it seems unprofessional at best that you would further oppose someone for personal reasons, rather than the best interests of 2+2 and its specific strategy forums.

My understanding is that this board exists so we can freely discuss ideas in order to best influence the 2+2 community using the responsibilites granted to us. In that spirit I have kept an open mind and feel that personal agendas take a back seat.

As dids commented, we should be free to voice our opinions without reserve.

In this regard I may have erred - Tstone IM'd me today and asked me if it looked like he was going to be a mod, and I told him no. He asked why, and I said because the consensus was that he was a good strategy poster but lacked the temperament to make a good moderator. He agreed with me and I thought that was that.

I won't do this again in the future, I didn't realize at the time that I was saying more than I should.

Surf

bobbyi
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Relaying this to people outside of the forum is inappropriate and unprofessionalLet's keep our quibbling behind closed doors.

[/ QUOTE ]
I very much agree with this. I tried to argue the same thing when Evan and [censored] were fighting over mod issues in the OOT. I sent TStone a PM just to say "hey, it looks like the mid-stakes forum is probably going to actually happen" just as a courtesy since he originally suggested it and I had assumed that that level of information sharing regarding the mod discussions was acceptable (I assumed that because no one complained about Surfbullet posting threads in HUSH to relay the status of the new forum there), but calling out a specific moderator by name like that is way out of line.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm okay with this.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had assumed that that level of information sharing regarding the mod discussions was acceptable (I assumed that because no one complained about Surfbullet posting threads in HUSH to relay the status of the new forum there), but calling out a specific moderator by name like that is way out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both accounts.

The HUSH community has been waiting with baited breath for the split - or any news thereof. Does anyone think it was out of line for me to post that we were discussing it with the intention of formalizing a list in the next 24 hrs? After the list was finalized I posted it as well so that the regulars would know what to expect. I honestly felt this was not a big deal at all and it was almost my duty as moderator of the forum to let them know their voices had been heard and that things were moving forward.

Again, I will alter my behavior in the future if this was out of line.

Surf

durron597
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think I'm in favor of moving Entity and Evan to Mid stakes, leaving GoT where he is, and promoting QTip. Tstone has lost my support. I still don't really support jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other options for small stakes mods are Jake (the Snake) and W. Deranged.

I really think Jake (the Snake) should have been a mod all this time with all the work he does for the digest. Though perhaps he's already been offered and turned it down?

B Dids
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
I want to hear a good argument against jason. I think you're really horribly misrepresenting/misunderstanding him if you can't look at the bulk of his posts and see that he's a great poster.

Two great arguments for jason:

1- he teaches, this is HUGE to me, it's one of the reasons why Rob is a great mod. That kind of background is invaluable.

2- he's one of the stronger believers in the value of 2p2 as a community and he works to promote that.

As far as I can tell, the argument against amounts to being upset over some bans that Dynasty made that I think were mostly viewed as overreactions.

WRT astro's beef with TStone, as I think it's similar to mine. It's not that he specifically did that, it's that he's exactly the type of person who does that. I don't think his PM made astro feel any differently than he did before.

Entity
11-16-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
leaving GoT where he is

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd ask Bright about that, just to make sure. I think he's a better candidate for a mid forum.

Rob

DcifrThs
11-16-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, i would be cool with BK or James282 as higher-limits mods, assuming they would even want to do it .

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

james has stated to me and publicly he doesn't want the job but that was for the current mid/high setting. he may be more interested in the new high limit setting.

bk i haven't asked but when i get back ill ask if its not sorted out.

i think they'd both be good, as with steve guifre if he'd want it or paluka or mnay others i can't immediately think of.

Barron

stabn
11-16-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are basically 100% wrong on jason_t. He's one of the strongest SS posters that always thinks things through well and usually has a ton to share.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are basically 100% wrong on jason_t. He's one of the strongest SS posters that always thinks things through well and usually has a ton to share.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my general impression, I just assumed there was something I didn't know about from forums that I don't frequent.

Surf

durron597
11-16-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will back jason_t if and only if dynasty does.

Edit: I say this because it is more important to me to prevent Moderator infighting than whatever my opinion of jason_t is (it is in fact quite high).

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I will back jason_t if and only if dynasty does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear your motives about this. Again, personal issues shouldn't be a factor if the person in question is going to be to the benefit of the forum IMO.

Surf

astroglide
11-16-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your post in Mid-high about not adding the middle limits forum may have led a number of concerned posters to believe that you had somehow been the force preventing it from happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

which post? i don't know what NUMBERS of people we're talking about here either, or why they would think that i have a right of veto when i'm just another moderator.

[ QUOTE ]
While Tstone himself has acknowledged that he would not be the best candidate for moderator, it seems unprofessional at best that you would further oppose someone for personal reasons, rather than the best interests of 2+2 and its specific strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sewing circle comment wasn't a personal thing - i was stating that nepotism/homogeneity shouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor in the nomination of candidates. looking at a PM from tstone detailing moderator gripes/private discussion and logging on the next day to see his name thrown into that hat, i don't think i can be faulted for questioning the objective validity of his nomination or wondering who would want a guy that so freely and spitefully gossips.

i like the fact that i barely know a lot of the other mods here because it's more likely that i'll have to re-evaluate and produce reasons for my positions instead of it just coming down to a bunch of friends agreeing. i've expressed concerns about clique moderation of specific forums in this very thread. same reasoning. your suggestion that i'm operating outside of the interests of 2+2 is totally out of line, especially when you're talking about the downgrading of somebody who was already a slam dunk "no" in my book. what a difference that makes.

on the nomination front, jason has stood out to me as a balanced and reasonable guy for some time.

i remember jeff w making quality mid posts (specifically hand history converted ones with actual purpose and reads). anybody have thoughts on him?

B Dids
11-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't think this is a good way to go.

To be blunt, I don't think Dynasty has the backing of a ot of the mods, so if we're going that route, I just don't see it ending pretty. I mean, we're all agreed on Josh, and I'm sure he and Dynasty have similar issues.

Dynasty has nothing to do with SS, and the audience there will welcome and respect jason as a mod.

durron597
11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a good way to go.

To be blunt, I don't think Dynasty has the backing of a ot of the mods, so if we're going that route, I just don't see it ending pretty. I mean, we're all agreed on Josh, and I'm sure he and Dynasty have similar issues.

Dynasty has nothing to do with SS, and the audience there will welcome and respect jason as a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I'm not really involved in the limit forums either, so there goes the value of my opinion. But the fact that you (in particular) say that you don't think that Dynasty has the backing of the mods doesn't sound good to me, as he is your co-moderator on WPT. But that isn't even the issue - the issue to me is that *any* moderator stands out as "not getting along" with the rest. The Evan/[censored] fight was bad, but the last thing I want to see is a fight (public or rumored, both are bad) between Dynasty and the limit forums, especially since I like all of you (and jason_t).

I dunno, I'm probably making something out of nothing, but that's how I feel.

AngryCola
11-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow. This thread really exploded.

I'll weigh in here. Jason seems to be a very intelligent guy and a great strategy poster, but I'm not sure about him being a good mod.

So, I suppose that puts me in the middle. Basically I think jason wouldn't be a bad choice. However, he may not be the best option either.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I explained that badly and a little heated. Jason's a pretty close friend, so I was probably out of line in saying that the way i did.

I think Dynasty has been a great WPT mod. Frankly I wish he was more harsh. Beyond that he's done a good job in a thankless forum.

When he's run into issues it was with banning Josh/jason and other people who are A- friends B- all respected posters on this site. I didn't agree with those decisions, but I understand them. The banning of Josh seemed especially goofy, but that's already been dicussed and is over and done with. When Mat offered me the job, I pm-ed Dynasty and we briefly talked about this. I let him know I was friends with jason and didn't agree with some of what he'd done. I hope we're cool.

I just think if you say "jason can't come if Dynasty isn't cool with it, you will run into the same problem with other posters who have disagreed with Dynasty over the same issues". The fact that everybody has accepted Josh without question, when he's probably got a worse history with Dynasty just seems like it should be a non issue.

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaving GoT where he is

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd ask Bright about that, just to make sure. I think he's a better candidate for a mid forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this post means. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Can you explain?
EDIT: Is Bright GoT's name? Then this would make sense. I thought you were referring to the poster Bright which left me confused.

Jim Kuhn
11-17-2005, 12:40 AM
I would suggest MicroBob for any and all forums he would moderate. He utilizes common sense very well and does a great job of communicating his thoughts.

CubsWin would also be a very good moderator, although I don't know which forum he is frequenting lately.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, if we're going to do the quote-and-reply thing...

[ QUOTE ]
which post? i don't know what NUMBERS of people we're talking about here either, or why they would think that i have a right of veto when i'm just another moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

All told there were probably a handful of posters whose questions basically were "Why is astroglide against a mid-stakes forum?" You are just one mod, but you are heavily respected on this forum and have made your presence well known in the few short days you have been a mod. Until you started a debate in mid-high there had been no opposition to it, since the high-stakes posters would by and large be unnaffected, if we had another name for it we could have just left mid-high alone and added a 4th forum "10/20-20/40" in between SS and MH and they wouldn't have noticed, since most of who will use the mid stakes forum weren't posting in MH anyway.(yay run-on sentence)

[ QUOTE ]
i was stating that nepotism/homogeneity shouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor in the nomination of candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd. We're not going to choose someone because they are someone's buddy. Shooting candidates down because you don't want cliques isn't in the best interests of 2+2 and its strategy forums. This is you making assumptions + overreacting to a juvenile PM. Whether tstone is good friends with someone here is not the point if he's the best person for the job. I don't know him any better than any other HUSH regular - and it turns out he's not the best person for the job, that's fine. Noone's nominating their buddy or college roomate or something like that... any nomination I have put forth (and others I assume have done the same) is because I think they would do a good job.

[ QUOTE ]

i like the fact that i barely know a lot of the other mods here because it's more likely that i'll have to re-evaluate and produce reasons for my positions instead of it just coming down to a bunch of friends agreeing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I barely know anyone here, and even if I did I'd make all my decisions in the best interest of HUSH/2+2.

[ QUOTE ]
your suggestion that i'm operating outside of the interests of 2+2 is totally out of line

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that you are letting personal interests/opinions interfere. That's true. I never said you were operating "Outside the interests of 2+2," only that they were not your sole motivating factor. You may feel that stomping out cliques is in the best interests of 2+2. Didn't you just become a mod because a friend referred you? I'm not sure so I may be mistaken here.

It's also entirely possible that you feel that your opinions/ideas are what's best for 2+2, and in that case we'll have to ask you to keep an open mind in regards to other ideas instead of shutting them down.

[ QUOTE ]

i remember jeff w making quality mid posts (specifically hand history converted ones with actual purpose and reads). anybody have thoughts on him?

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my recollection, all of jeffw's posts have been high-quality and informative, and I think he'd be a good candidate. Again, I don't visit any other non-limit forums so i'll leave it up to others to verify this.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leaving GoT where he is

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you missed it, he already piped up in this thread saying he'd prefer to stay in SS, but that he'd be willing to do Mid if necessary.

WRT jason_t, well, I guess I'm willing to accept that I'm wrong. He certainly seems to have garnered an outpouring of support here. Maybe I'm letting his fighting with Dynasty overly cloud my memory. If we are going to bump him up to the top of the list to be the second SS mod, I would definitely like some assurances from both he and Dynasty that their personal issues are past, or at least that they can pretend that they are past well enough that no one can tell. I think that infighting is very detrimental to all that we try to do.

I got a PM back from QTip. He seemed a little hesitant about it. He said he isn't on as much, and was concerned about the responsibilities. He was willing to consider, though.

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Until you started a debate in mid-high there had been no opposition to it, since the high-stakes posters would by and large be unnaffected, if we had another name for it we could have just left mid-high alone and added a 4th forum "10/20-20/40" in between SS and MH and they wouldn't have noticed, since most of who will use the mid stakes forum weren't posting in MH anyway.(yay run-on sentence)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree at all that the thread on MH shouldn't have been started. If astro hadn't started it, I was going to. I responded to Mat Sklanksy to say I would start a poll there (I agree in hindsight that it was better as a thread with no poll). When I went to MH to start the thread, I saw that astro had already put his thread up so I just replied to that with a lengthier explanation of the situation.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was stating that nepotism/homogeneity shouldn't be the ultimate deciding factor in the nomination of candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd. We're not going to choose someone because they are someone's buddy. Shooting candidates down because you don't want cliques isn't in the best interests of 2+2 and its strategy forums. This is you making assumptions + overreacting to a juvenile PM.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. TStone is the one who initially suggested the mid- forum in his "open letter". He has been doing what he can to champion it and drum up support and without him we wouldn't be creating it now. He is a very good strategy poster and has stated in the threads about it that he intends to post a lot in the new mid forum if it is created. It seems natural that his name would be mentioned as a possibility for moderator for the new forum. Assuming that this was due to some personal connections and opposing his nomination on those grounds seems ridiculous. If he isn't the best candidate for other reasons (and this seems to be the sentiment of some current moderators) then that is a completely different story, of course. I don't have any personal connection to anyone on these forums and the only people I've ever even met are the small handful of Seattle area b&m players, specefically bernie, slavic and bobdiddle and I'm certainly not pushing for them to be the new moderators.

[ QUOTE ]
To the best of my recollection, all of jeffw's posts have been high-quality and informative, and I think he'd be a good candidate

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeff W consistently makes good posts and seems like one of the most mature and rational members of the forum. I think he would make a great moderator.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Totally co-sign Jeff as a mod.

stabn
11-17-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All his detractors seem to be short sighted morons as well.

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All his detractors seem to be short sighted morons as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What forum are we making him a mod of?

astroglide
11-17-2005, 01:52 AM
you say i 'started a debate' and make it sound like it's a bad thing to let the midhigh guys weigh in on it. does it hurt to read their thoughts? bobby announced he was going to take it to them too. as far as 'probably a handful of posters' taking task with it, is that pure conjecture?

the idea of waltzing in a buddy doesn't sound absurd when he's sending biased PMs based on incomplete private data given to him by a mod. and for the final time, he was shot down by me long before he sent that message. it didn't change my opinion about him, it made me wonder what the hell was going on over here.

i became a mod because [censored] asked mat for me to operate in his stead. i have no personal relationship with him, no real interaction on the forum, and we had never exchanged a PM. angrycola, a mod with whom i had just gotten in an argument, contacted mat to support me. that is how the ball got rolling.

as far as considering others' opinions instead of shutting them down, i agreed with you/bobby and completely reversed my position on the midhigh split less than 24 hours ago. remember?

AngryCola
11-17-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
angrycola, a mod with whom i had just gotten in an argument, contacted mat to support me. that is how the ball got rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Actually I didn't contact Mat about you until after the decision had been made. It completely slipped my mind. I was going to do it, but then one thing or another caused me to forget about it.

On the day Mat put up the thread in OOT about you, I realized that I had never sent the PM. After seeing the thread, I immediately sent him a PM about it, but the decision had already been made. It doesn't matter, though. You are still a good choice, and nobody needed my recommendation to see that is the case.

Sorry about the hijack, but it seemed like a good idea to post this here.

Another post about jason:

From my last post about him, it should be obvious that I don't know enough about his character. Because of this, it probably was inappropriate for me to make a post about him possibly being a mod. I'll let the people who have a better understanding of him and his history give the real opinions here.

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you say i 'started a debate' and make it sound like it's a bad thing to let the midhigh guys weigh in on it. does it hurt to read their thoughts? bobby announced he was going to take it to them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I agree that there should be a poll or discussion etc started in Mid-high about what was happening. However, a 2-liner "how do we split this forum up" isn't going to give the correct info / generate the same response as "there are a bunch of players who are in limbo and don't have a forum to post their hands. Your forum will for the most part stay the same, can we make a "mid" forum where these wastrel posts can go?" etc etc.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as 'probably a handful of posters' taking task with it, is that pure conjecture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it and looked back and I think between a couple of IMs I got and a vague impression of resentment I got from some regulars as split issues were debated I may have overestimated this. Your post in mid-high following the debate here was a bit forward given that it came off as "lets rally support for my ideas" rather than "lets find out if this good idea can be made to work with the current mid-high forum"... especially after bobbyi (the current MH mod!) had already said he was going to bring it to his forum before it happened.

[ QUOTE ]
and for the final time, he was shot down by me long before he sent that message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. No worries, he wasn't happening anyway, and we're not short on candidates! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
as far as considering others' opinions instead of shutting them down, i agreed with you/bobby and completely reversed my position on the midhigh split less than 24 hours ago. remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! I got interrupted a few times writing that post and there was a paragrah that didn't make it to the final cut where I talked about how I was impressed with your willingness to change your mind in the face of effective arguments.

I wish it would have been in there. Rest assured i'm well aware of it, and quite happy as a result. I'd hate to have a strong-willed, unyielding new mod. However, having another strong-willed, yet surprisingly open-minded(you surprised me with that turnaround /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) mod will hopefully encourage well-thought out debate instead of flame wars.

This got really blown out of proportion and I probably didn't word some of my previous posts optimally. I'm really stoked to see all of these changes happening and the level of involvement by regulars and mods is inspiring.

Surf

astroglide
11-17-2005, 01:32 PM
it was apparently assumed that i was aware of tstone's "open letter" in nvg, but i only read it for the first time late last night.

that's why it seemed i 'chose not to address' the homeless people in the mh poll. i only read mh and oot, and i was speaking from that point of view. i can see how people got the impression that i was being obstinate in opposition to such overwhelming support, but i wasn't aware that the homeless problem was nearly that big or that the split concept already had such a diverse groundswell. analyzing the mh poll responses and re-reading opinions in here is what changed my mind. i'm certainly patting myself on the back over being able to go 180 degrees without the body of evidence (open letter and the ss forum) that so many others had!

i don't fault anybody for assuming i was aware of such an apparently popular thread, especially since i just noticed it was pointed out in the mod forum.....1 day before i became a moderator. but i think this situation illustrates how much easier things could have been if 'the basics' were called out in mat's change thread. i still would have been naturally reluctant to make any big changes that might affect mh, but i think it's obvious what a difference it could have made on my perspective since it was instrumental in shaping yours.

as far as posting the mh poll goes, i did it before bobby suggested he was going to. i wouldn't pre-empt him.

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it was apparently assumed that i was aware of tstone's "open letter" in nvg, but i only read it for the first time late last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, things are making alot more sense now. I had incorrectly assumed that the mods had all seen the link, in retrospect there was nothing about splitting mid-high in the title so it seems it was a silly assumption.

Your behavior had seemed so irrational at the time, given what I assumed to be common knowledge among the mods - it makes alot more sense now. As you said, we should make sure everyone has the same information to work from in the future.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 02:27 PM
After the little segue we've been having, I want to kinda get things back on track, or at least recount what's come up so far so that the two discussions can continue in parallel. Anyway, here are the forums that will be affected, who we're considering to mod them, and whatever:

Higher Stakes:
-Dcifrthis for sure.
-Someone else of his choosing.

Mid Stakes:
-Entity for sure.
-Evan likely (where is he? Evan, chime in, bro!)
-Outside chance at someone else (listed under SS)

Small Stakes:
-GoT for sure.
-QTip is a respected poster who would like the job, but who isn't going to be on as much as some. Some of us aren't as enthusiastic about him as we are jason_t.
-jason_t is another respected poster who has very strong support of some of us. Others have some reservations about his quibbling with Dynasty, but those reservations could be mediated.
-Either of these two could be good choices for Mid if Evan wants to do SS. QTip was saying he was planning on making 15/30 his home shortly, even though he's been dallying in 2/4 some.
-There has been mention of Jake the Snake and W. Deranged. There has not been much discussion.
-TStoneMBD is out.

Microlimit
-Gregatron for sure
-Should I stay on at micro even though I'll be moving to SSSH dominantly? I could.
-Greg and I have discussed making VoraciousReader a mod. She's fairly new, but she has a great attitude, and unlike either of us, she plays both microlimits AND full ring. She's also started doing the Micro Digest, so making her a mod would help her in that regard. I just heard back from her. She'd like the job.

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Josh. virtually for sure
-Is this where Robk will go?
-Schneids may mod this too.
-Do we need 4 mods here?

Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure
-StellarWind would like the job.
-I had mentioned JaxUp, but I think the idea of having a HUSH regular and a micro regular mod SSSH is better than two micro guys so as to better appeal to former HUSH posters.
-I haven't contacted cartman.
-I haven't seen Michal Davis posting, and I saw a post saying he was gone. I don't think he's a good choice, then.

Forum Suggestions:
-Microbob for sure. This guy deserves to go green.
-I don't think we'll need another, at least not right off the bat.

Beats, Brags, and Variance:
-Dids volunteered if no one wanted it.
-I'd like to see JaxUp get the job. He's a solid poster with a good, helpful attitude, and he's been active in the Microlimit's Designated No Content threads, which this forum will replace. He's had a good eye for the humor in this sort of stuff.

Jeff W.
-There was talk of making him a mod. I have no idea of what. MHSH? Mid? High?

That should do it, but there may be something I forgot. Say so if there is.

Evan
11-17-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mid Stakes:
-Entity for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I responded earlier and said I'd like the mid stakes job.

[ QUOTE ]
Small Stakes:
-GoT for sure.
-QTip is a respected poster who would like the job, but who isn't going to be on as much as some. Some of us aren't as enthusiastic about him as we are jason_t.
-jason_t is another respected poster who has very strong support of some of us. Others have some reservations about his quibbling with Dynasty, but those reservations could be mediated.
-Either of these two could be good choices for Mid if Evan wants to do SS. QTip was saying he was planning on making 15/30 his home shortly, even though he's been dallying in 2/4 some.
-There has been mention of Jake the Snake and W. Deranged. There has not been much discussion.
-TStoneMBD is out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd vote for jason_t over QTip and W. Deranged over everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Do we need 4 mods here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see anything wrong with having 4 mods in what will hopefully turn out to be one of the top strategy forums on the site. Where is RobK? I had never even heard of him before he became a mod and I really haven't heard much of him since either. In fact, I'm starting to believe RobK isn't a real person. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Sorry, I must have missed you. Yeah, I didn't recognize you w/ your new avatar. Anyway, it looks like we have mid stakes settled, then. Good! Care to offer a few words of why you'd pick W. Deragned over jason_t?

astroglide
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Higher Stakes:
-Dcifrthis for sure.
-Someone else of his choosing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see why this decision shouldn't be made by committee

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff W.

[/ QUOTE ]

mid was why i brought him up, but other forums would probably be fine

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mid Stakes:
-Entity for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should be mod for mid-stakes because I am currently a mod for mid-high but don't play "high" and am only there for the mid part of it. Mid stakes should be me, Evan and Entity and then I think it is set.

[ QUOTE ]
QTip is a respected poster who would like the job, but who isn't going to be on as much as some. Some of us aren't as enthusiastic about him as we are jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would be much more enthusiastic about QTip. He seems like an ideal small stakes moderator, except for his time constraints. I know that jason is friends with many of the current moderators, but I agree with astro that that sort of clique-ishness is hopefully not how things are decided. I used to post in small stakes and mostly stopped because the cliqueishness annoyed me and jason_t seemed to be one the worst in terms of trying to have it be a little club with him and his friends which I found very offputting.

[ QUOTE ]

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Do we need 4 mods here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really think Schneids should get this. I say Surf, Josh and Schneids and leave Robk in SSH. Three moderators is fine. Since Robk isn't very active anyway, I don't see why he should be taking Schneids' rightful spot in the new forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure
-I had mentioned JaxUp, but I think the idea of having a HUSH regular and a micro regular mod SSSH is better than two micro guys so as to better appeal to former HUSH posters.
-I haven't seen Michal Davis posting, and I saw a post saying he was gone. I don't think he's a good choice

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you and Stellarwind (and Robk) would be sufficient.

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff W.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see him be a mod, but there really doesn't seem to be a spot for him unless DCifr thinks he should be in high. Since Jeff has been mainly active in HUSH, I can see that it might make more sense to give a high spot to someone who contributes a lot in mid-high today.

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I guess that's reasonable. However, he should probably have the biggest vote. He hasn't mentioned anyone by name, though. I guess I should have mentioned that we've tossed out the names of bk and james282, but we haven't disuccsed them much.

By that same token, GoT is entitled to the biggest say in who takes up SS with him.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 03:46 PM
FWIW- my interest in the BBV forum is probably at a higher level than "if nobody else wants it".

I'd gleefully co-mod with Jax. More than one mod is always a good thing.

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mid Stakes:
-Entity for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think JeffW would make an excellent mid-stakes mod, if he was interested.

[ QUOTE ]

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Do we need 4 mods here?

Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure
-I haven't seen Michal Davis posting, and I saw a post saying he was gone. I don't think he's a good choice, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be a temp mod in SSHUSH to ease the transition and move posts around immediately after the split, if it will help. While I plan on spending most of my time in MHUSH i feel an obligation to SSHUSH because Ive assured many lower-stakes regulars that the general atmosphere in SSHUSH will be the same is in HUSH now, and the best way I can help is by posting and having my presence known after the split.
I think MrWookie and Stellar will do an excellent job and I would let them run the show, however.

When I became HUSH mod Robk told me he was basically turning the reins over to me, as he was getting tired of the position. Leaving him in SSHUSH is probably fine, maybe he'll chime in and let us know.

For MHUSH I think that looks good. If that's set, when can I get in touch with Schneids and Josh.? I'd prefer to have some discussion with them beforehand so we are all on the same page.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 04:03 PM
OK, putting robk on SSSH is fine. It'll look less weird to have two forums w/ three mods than one forum w/ 4, even though it doesn't seem to make much of a difference where robk ends up.

Will mid stakes need 3 mods? I'm a little skeptical since it might be a little low on traffic to start out with. I take it Jeff W. isn't a high stakes player, and he wouldn't fit in there very well.

Having you as a temp mod sounds fine. I could shuffle posts as necessary if you want, but listing you there might make things easier to start. I guess SSSH will be the one with four mods then. Heh.

Dids and Jax as BBV mods? Sounds fine to me. It might actually need two mods, since I could see it turning into a high traffic, high flame zone pretty quickly.

astroglide
11-17-2005, 04:16 PM
i think the best choice for high stakes would be a vocal veteran like diablo, paluka, clarkmeister, ja sucker, etc.

anybody along those lines that's active enough, interested, and balanced.

durron597
11-17-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think the best choice for high stakes would be a vocal veteran like diablo, paluka, clarkmeister, ja sucker, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be in favor of all of those people if they want the job.

In fact I would value Diablo's advice in this thread before we make these changes.

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I haven't seen clark posting recently. Is he still around? Also, you want to PM any of those guys to see if they're interested?

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
So is everyone agreed on the mods for the shorthanded forums? Are the only open questions at this point who we want to pull in for the openings in the small and higher(full) forums?

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be a temp mod in SSHUSH to ease the transition and move posts around immediately after the split, if it will help.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is truly "temporary", I think we need to agree on a timeframe (something like two weeks? more?). If we don't, I think you will end up staying as a moderator there forever. That scenario isn't automatically bad, but I think it needs to be clear exactly what we are planning to do rather than agreeing to one thing and having something else happen.

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be a temp mod in SSHUSH to ease the transition and move posts around immediately after the split, if it will help.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is truly "temporary", I think we need to agree on a timeframe (something like two weeks? more?). If we don't, I think you will end up staying as a moderator there forever. That scenario isn't automatically bad, but I think it needs to be clear exactly what we are planning to do rather than agreeing to one thing and having something else happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. 2 weeks should be more than enough, IMO. If it things settle down sooner or if the other SSHUSH mods think I should stick around longer we can always change it but that seems like a good plan.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I think one week would probably be enough. If you wanted to stick around for two, that would be fine by me.

As for the forums, yeah, it looks like we need only fill SS and HS, unless someone claims that Dids only wants to mod BBV because he wants to flame n00bs and their 14 BB downswings /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the forums, yeah, it looks like we need only fill SS and HS

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, let's figure this out so we can be done and make a final list. What are thoughts on W. Deranged? Evan said he was the best choice for SS and no one seemed to really either agree or disagree. Maybe Evan can elaborate on this pick? Anyone have feelings one way or the other?

More thoughts on HS mods? Paluka was mentioned by both Dcifr and Astro. He seems to be consistently active in that forum. Thoughts on him? Other suggestions?

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM
We should send them PM's and find out if they're even interested. I would do it myself, but I'm about to step out, and I won't be back at a computer until much later tonight. Can someone else PM them?

Evan
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are thoughts on W. Deranged? Evan said he was the best choice for SS and no one seemed to really either agree or disagree. Maybe Evan can elaborate on this pick?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. I spend the middle part of the day at school and that seems to be when most of you post a lot.

I think he has a few qualities that are important:
-He seems like a pretty bright guy
-He writes very well imo
-He is a pretty good player imo (which is important, whether it should be or not)
-He spends a lot of time in SS

I think most of the SS forum would agree with me on these points. IMO that makes him a good mod choice.

Evan
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't disagree with any of these guys being made mods, but I doubt any of them will want to do it. If any of them are willing I can't imagine anyone objecting.

Evan
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
james282

[/ QUOTE ]
I just talked to him and he said he's willing to do it if he's chosen. Personally I think he'd make a great mod for the same reasons I think W. Deranged would.

nolanfan34
11-17-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be in favor of all of those people if they want the job.

In fact I would value Diablo's advice in this thread before we make these changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, we need to run things by Diablo now before making changes? I know what you're saying, but still.

While any of the above mentioned guys would be great, I'm pretty sure they've all expressed little to no interest in having that responsibility. I think the choices mentioned so far throughout the thread would all be good.

I also think multiple mods is a good thing, except in the Sporting Events forum, where I rule with an iron fist. Even Chuck and Mat aren't listed as mods in that forum! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

astroglide
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
diablo is out, and clarkmeister has a full mailbox but he's probably out anyw

i seriously doubt the mod subject has been raised with ja sucker and paluka. i sent them both a pm. i also popped andyfox about it.

durron597
11-17-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, we need to run things by Diablo now before making changes? I know what you're saying, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, of course not, I'm just saying I would value his opinion, but it's not like we need to run it by him or anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Even Chuck and Mat aren't listed as mods in that forum! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck and Mat aren't mods of STT, either /images/graemlins/smile.gif

astroglide
11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
pikula is cool with his name being in the hat

B Dids
11-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Unexpected, but highly awesome.

astroglide
11-17-2005, 08:26 PM
i have an associates degree from charm school

Dynasty
11-17-2005, 09:01 PM
This thread is too long. But, I think I got the jist of it when I stopped 2/3 of the way through.

jason_t got suspended for a few days for trolling OOT. He deserved that suspension.

But, I don't have an overall problem with him. More importantly, it shouldn't prevent him from becoming a mod if he wants to and others think he can do the job.

durron597
11-17-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is too long. But, I think I got the jist of it when I stopped 2/3 of the way through.

jason_t got suspended for a few days for trolling OOT. He deserved that suspension.

But, I don't have an overall problem with him. More importantly, it shouldn't prevent him from becoming a mod if he wants to and others think he can do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification Dynasty.

bobbyi
11-17-2005, 09:29 PM
So is anyone opposed to W. Deranged for SS? If he's okay, do we also want either QTip or jason_t as a third moderator or is W.D + GoT sufficient?

What about HS? Paluka already said he would be willing to do it. Between him, andyfox and j.a. sucker (are there others still in the running?) who would be pick as the second hs mod (I don't think hs needs more than two, but please tell me if I'm wrong)? Obviously in the case of the latter two we would have to wait until we here back from them, but I still think we should try to figure out what we want now so this can be done soon.
EDIT: And Jeff W isn't in the running for HS, right? Does he play those limits?

Greg J
11-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I have nothing against jason_t -- I think he would make a good mod. All in all I think QTip is a better choice though.

astroglide
11-17-2005, 11:06 PM
i think we should have separate threads for each forum's mod candidates. this one is turning into spaghetti.

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are thoughts on W. Deranged? Evan said he was the best choice for SS and no one seemed to really either agree or disagree. Maybe Evan can elaborate on this pick?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. I spend the middle part of the day at school and that seems to be when most of you post a lot.

I think he has a few qualities that are important:
-He seems like a pretty bright guy
-He writes very well imo
-He is a pretty good player imo (which is important, whether it should be or not)
-He spends a lot of time in SS

I think most of the SS forum would agree with me on these points. IMO that makes him a good mod choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds to me like a very strong endorsement. I've read some of his posts, and I agree. I'm not sure if anyone else did, so I fired a PM off to him asking if he was interested. Given the current standing reservations about jason_t and QTip, could he represent a good compromise that everyone could get behind?

As for high, I know James282 has been an exceedingly valuable poster. I haven't followed Paluka's stuff as much. I'd support the pick of either of these guys. As to who's better, I'll let someone who knows better decide.

B Dids
11-18-2005, 12:06 AM
I'd just like to point out again that if we've got two people, like jason and 'Tip that we both like, there's no real harm in having more than one, or two, or 4. The more people that can help keep a forum working, and can help in here as part of a "2p2 braintrust" or something, the better.

Surfbullet
11-18-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to point out again that if we've got two people, like jason and 'Tip that we both like, there's no real harm in having more than one, or two, or 4. The more people that can help keep a forum working, and can help in here as part of a "2p2 braintrust" or something, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Surf

DcifrThs
11-18-2005, 01:09 AM
I just wanted to shout out and say im in favor of any of the mods mentioned so far. all are people of whom i was thinking when i mentioned a few other names that were'nt springing to mind.

Barron