PDA

View Full Version : Q8

protocol
11-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Table is very loose, and I have been hitting everything. I have had to show down most of my winners, and haven't been caught in a bluff yet.

Only read on villian is that he is 24/14/2.2, so at least we know his software came with a fold button. I rarely make this turn raise, but I thought I might get him to fold a better hand given my image. Also, if he has overs, I am protecting my hand.

Does anyone like the turn c/r?
Given that he calls the c/r, what do I do on the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Lmn55d
11-16-2005, 02:28 AM
I would checkraise the flop against this player. You got OESD, backdoor flush draw, and your pair outs will often be good. You don't need too much folding equity to make a flop checkraise correct here. A 24/14/2.2 is exactly the type of player who can lay down on the turn with overs. It is also good that hands like JK don't have any straight draws to justify a turn call (unless they pick one up of course).

Jinx
11-16-2005, 02:46 AM
River bet seems marginal. I really doubt he's going to call with anything you beat on this board, and I doubt he folds anything that beats you. And yeah, I'd just go ahead and C/R the flop.

11-16-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would checkraise the flop against this player. You got OESD, backdoor flush draw, and your pair outs will often be good. You don't need too much folding equity to make a flop checkraise correct here.

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
11-16-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm gonna sing with the chorus about CRing the flop. I'd also want to check/call the river. We might be able to induce a bluff out of him, and I really doubt that Ace high is calling that river

protocol
11-16-2005, 05:55 AM
OK, since everyone is saying to c/r the flop, lets say I do and he just calls. I then would lead the 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif turn. He now raises. Fold?