PDA

View Full Version : Scotch Tasting (NY/NJ)

edtost
11-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Diablo (and possibly others) have mentioned these (most recently here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3952105&page=0&vc=1) ). Basically a bunch of guys each bring a bottle of something different and they drink.

Basically, it sounds like a pretty awesome idea, since scotch is tasty and drinking with friends rules. Unfortunately, most of my friends in real life are poor college kids with no taste in booze, so I turn to you guys. Would anyone else in the NY/NJ area be interested in such an event?

Luv2DriveTT
11-16-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Diablo (and possibly others) have mentioned these (most recently here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3952105&page=0&vc=1) ). Basically a bunch of guys each bring a bottle of something different and they drink.

Basically, it sounds like a pretty awesome idea, since scotch is tasty and drinking with friends rules. Unfortunately, most of my friends in real life are poor college kids with no taste in booze, so I turn to you guys. Would anyone else in the NY/NJ area be interested in such an event?

[/ QUOTE ]

how dare you not notify me of this thread. I'm in.

TT

istewart
11-16-2005, 02:21 AM
TT your name is one of the worst on 2+2. I submit a motion to change it back to Luv2DriveTT.

ethan
11-16-2005, 03:28 AM
These are awesome. They also work well if you just give people a price range and tell them to bring something interesting (so not necessarily scotch). It could be a bottle they've had before or just something they wanted to try.

edtost
11-16-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These are awesome. They also work well if you just give people a price range and tell them to bring something interesting (so not necessarily scotch). It could be a bottle they've had before or just something they wanted to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

scotch rules, but I'm certainly not averse to other drinks. whatever pleases the crowd.

ethan
11-16-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scotch rules, but I'm certainly not averse to other drinks. whatever pleases the crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, the only solution is to have a scotch night and an everything night.

Man. I need to do another one of these soon, it's been at least 3 months.

KDawgCometh
11-16-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm down. What is the recomended way of us going about the drinking, neat or a couple of rocks

xadrez
11-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I love scotch. I might be down for this. Only problem is I am temporarily only in NYC a couple nights a week due to renovation in my new Apt.

emil3000
11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Seems like fun times for sure. One problem with scotch in particular is that some of the heavier ones, eg Lagavulin tends to numb your mouth and taste sense, so basically you can't appreciate the later drinks fully. So while you should certainly go ahead with the idea, it might be a good idea to focus on not so peaty or smoky scotches, or at least to drink them in order of peatiness.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 11:18 AM
You start out light, definately.

But to omit peaty/smoky/island malts from a general scotch tasting is heresy.

sfer
11-16-2005, 11:20 AM
I predict that most of the participants will taste each scotch twice, with the second tasting having distinct notes of bile and stomach acid.

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, in fact I have a bunch of bottles that I will never finish anyway. I have some Bowmore, Talisker, Arbeg 10-year old (which is my favorite), Macallan, a few others. I also have a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold in my freezer.

Can we include bourbon just to break up the monotony?

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 11:44 AM
The Islay malts are the best ones IMHO.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree about Islay, although Id include Highland Park and Talisker into my favorites.

tonypaladino
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I'd be up for this. Let me know time/place

KDawgCometh
11-16-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have some Bowmore, Talisker, Arbeg 10-year old (which is my favorite), Macallan, a few others.

[/ QUOTE ]

your selection kicks ass

emil3000
11-16-2005, 02:36 PM
These are very good, only Macallan is a favorite, provided it's the 18-year old. The 12-year old Macallan is a fine well-balanced scotch, but nothing special IMO. I only have two bottles right now, Isle of Jura 10-year old, which I hate, and Bruichladdich 15-year old, which I absolutely love. It's a fairly unknown Islay malt, a bit less punch than the rest, but marvellously complex, well-rounded, and with a great lingering finish.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Just as an aside... for information on Scotch, this website is teh pwn (http://www.maltmadness.com/index.html)

11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These are very good, only Macallan is a favorite, provided it's the 18-year old. The 12-year old Macallan is a fine well-balanced scotch, but nothing special IMO. I only have two bottles right now, Isle of Jura 10-year old, which I hate, and Bruichladdich 15-year old, which I absolutely love. It's a fairly unknown Islay malt, a bit less punch than the rest, but marvellously complex, well-rounded, and with a great lingering finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Macallan 18 is great. Have you tried the 25? WOW. Its expensive as hell... but one bottle for special occasions... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The higher aged Glenlivets are pretty good too. My GF runs a bar here in boston and Glenlivet has events there a lot. They have some great stuff.

emil3000
11-16-2005, 02:47 PM
I only dream about the 25 year old. One day... Haven't drunk a lot of Glenlivet, no, only some cheap one which was too tame, IIRC.

colgin
11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TT your name is one of the worst on 2+2. I submit a motion to change it back to Luv2DriveTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

colgin
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict that most of the participants will taste each scotch twice, with the second tasting having distinct notes of bile and stomach acid.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only dream about the 25 year old. One day... Haven't drunk a lot of Glenlivet, no, only some cheap one which was too tame, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Glenlevit 12 shouldnt even be called single malt. It tastes more like JW red than anything.

Some day though - shell out the 50 or 60 for a glass of the Macallen 25. It will change your life. My girlfriend got me a bottle for my birthday. She's the best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

emil3000
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Dude, I will when I see it. Still too much of a noob, only 21, so I've got a lot of regular 10-20 year old malts to discover still.

11-16-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I will when I see it. Still too much of a noob, only 21, so I've got a lot of regular 10-20 year old malts to discover still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club and enjoy your stay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vish
11-16-2005, 03:32 PM
I'd love to get in on this, as I'm driving to NY/NJ from Florida pretty soon. Any chance this happens say, the weekend after Thanksgiving?

DeadMoneyOC
11-16-2005, 03:43 PM
So I read this thread last night before I went to sleep and realized I have never actually tasted scotch. I was talking to my roommate about this and he said scotch is awesome, so basically I want to buy some scotch for either tommorow night or thursday night. I need the fine people of 2+2 to recommend me a good first bottle. I am taking a wild guess that decent bottles of scotch are usually about 50-100$ right? maybe? I have no idea but I am not crazy about spending more than 100$ on a bottle. So yeah, I am going to buy a bottle based the recommendations I recieve...I am really excited about this for some reason! Help !

11-16-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I read this thread last night before I went to sleep and realized I have never actually tasted scotch. I was talking to my roommate about this and he said scotch is awesome, so basically I want to buy some scotch for either tommorow night or thursday night. I need the fine people of 2+2 to recommend me a good first bottle. I am taking a wild guess that decent bottles of scotch are usually about 50-100$ right? maybe? I have no idea but I am not crazy about spending more than 100$ on a bottle. So yeah, I am going to buy a bottle based the recommendations I recieve...I am really excited about this for some reason! Help !

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really a personal choice. Scotch varies as much as wine does. If you arent much for strong, biting heavy liquer, try something like a Glenlevit. They are very mild but give you some taste.

Personally, that was my first single malt. I liked it but it lacked a little. A friend recommended the Macallen 12 and I loved it. Good and full with a great aroma and taste. A bottle of that will run about $45 (Boston prices). For a virgin, dont go overboard. Get something between 8 and 12 year and buy something in a price that you feel comfortable with. Each one is going to be different so there really is no "right" one.

sthief09
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
in

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you have never had Scotch, you might want to start with a blended scotch like Johnnie Walker Black (Should be about $40). If you like that then try some single malts. Maybe someting like a 12-year old Bowmore. That should run you about $50.

11-16-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you have never had Scotch, you might want to start with a blended scotch like Johnnie Walker Black (Should be about $40). If you like that then try some single malts. Maybe someting like a 12-year old Bowmore. That should run you about $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh - I wouldnt even bother with the blended stuff. Thats like introducing someone to wine with a box of white zinfindal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RunDownHouse
11-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm in the same boat in that I've never really experimented with scotch either. After doing some reading on the Malt Maniacs site, I'm going to go with either the Dalwhinnie 15 that is also mentioned in El D's chicken thread, or the Balvenie 12.

emil3000
11-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Macallan or a Bowmore are way better suggestions than the blended stuff. Bowmore comes in a lot of variations, but it's all quality. Macallan 12 yo is an excellent first scotch IMO.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dalwhinnie 15
Balvenie 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both good choices for a 1st timer. Balvenie was the 1st I tried. If you want to spend an extra 10 or so Id also suggest Oban.

miajag81
11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh - I wouldnt even bother with the blended stuff. Thats like introducing someone to wine with a box of white zinfindal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just dumb, there are plenty of good blended scotches.

11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats debatable. But blends are completly different than singles and when getting together for a scotch tasting it aint to bring a bottle of Chivas.

junkmail3
11-16-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats debatable. But blends are completly different than singles and when getting together for a scotch tasting it aint to bring a bottle of Chivas.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

Having a blended whisky tasting would be like having a vodka/tonic tasting, where everyone brings a different $5 bottle of vodka.

Oh another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that putting ice in scotch (as one poster suggested) is the sin of all sins.

11-16-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

Having a blended whisky tasting would be like having a vodka/tonic tasting, where everyone brings a different $5 bottle of vodka.

Oh another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that putting ice in scotch (as one poster suggested) is the sin of all sins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to one of the bars at Mohegan Sun a few months ago. After playing soem blackjack, my girlfriend and I stopped at one of the nicer bars there. I ordered a Macallen 18. The guy seemed utterly amazed that I didnt want ice in it.

"You just gonna pound that back or something"

Fool.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you guys haven't had outstanding blends like Michel Couvrer.

DeadMoneyOC
11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Ok, so I am probably going to get either the Glenliveit 12 or the Macallan 12. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may or may not taste awesome while drinking either one of these bottles? From what I understand food and scotch go hand in hand. Even though I am in college I have a full functional kitchen so anything is possible...My initial thought is to make steak or pork. Thoughts?

xadrez
11-16-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Michel Couvrer.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, this is a "vatted" scotch, meaning its a mixture of solely single-malts. Whereas a blend like Johnny Walker is single-malt mixed with grain whisky.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend starting with the Macallan 12. It is $35 to $40 around here.

xadrez
11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
I personally dont like to drink Scotch with a meal. Drink it afterwards, or before, or both. Ive found that sometimes a nice, sweet scotch goes well with dessert. Esp. desserts like a spiced gingerbread cake with whipped cream.

And definately go with the Macallan.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like fun times for sure. One problem with scotch in particular is that some of the heavier ones, eg Lagavulin tends to numb your mouth and taste sense, so basically you can't appreciate the later drinks fully. So while you should certainly go ahead with the idea, it might be a good idea to focus on not so peaty or smoky scotches, or at least to drink them in order of peatiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone else recommended, light to peaty. Here is the order we went in last night: Scotch tasting (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3954282&page=1&vc=1)

Take small tastes, then after the tasting, circle back to enjoy your favorites.

Having a nice range of scotches is key. I am happy to provide counsel when you guys start getting this together.

11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I am probably going to get either the Glenliveit 12 or the Macallan 12. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may or may not taste awesome while drinking either one of these bottles? From what I understand food and scotch go hand in hand. Even though I am in college I have a full functional kitchen so anything is possible...My initial thought is to make steak or pork. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Save the scotch for afterwards. Its great with dessert. Like a creme brullé would be perfect. For the meal, you can never go wrong with a nice wine.

I'd go with the Macallen. The Glenlevit is pretty decent, but think of it as scotch with training wheels.

RunDownHouse
11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any particular reason to go with the Macallan 12 over either the Dalwhinnie 15 or Balvenie 12 I mentioned?

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
There is nothing wrong with blended scotches.

I wouldn't bring one to a tasting since it isn't very exotic.

11-16-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any particular reason to go with the Macallan 12 over either the Dalwhinnie 15 or Balvenie 12 I mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a little smoother than the Balvenie I believe. And more readily available than most other singles. There is no particular reason... its jsut a common favorite.

11-16-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with ugly chicks either...

No, blends are fine for every day drinking (or you know what I mean... common stuff)... but by and large, they have very little personality.

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, blends are fine for every day drinking (or you know what I mean... common stuff)... but by and large, they have very little personality.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has never tried scotch, so drinking a blend will be enough to let him figure out whether he likes it and want to try some more. Some of the single malts have very particular qualities and he may pick one that isn't his thing. If he tried some Talisker, for instance, I don't think it would give him a really good idea what scotch is like in general. Just my opinion.

MaxPower
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am more and more convinced that ugly chicks are in my future.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Balvenie 12 has a sherry or port finish. That is one of my favorite styles of scotch, but I think it makes sense to get started with a more basic scotch. The Dalwhinnie is a little peatier than the Macallan or Balvenie. Again, an excellent choice, but I just think the Macallan is sort of like the baseline standard for good scotches and a great way to get into nice single malts.

Then, you can try finishes, peatier stuff, stronger stuff, etc. and figure out what you really enjoy.

Ulysses
11-16-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has never tried scotch, so drinking a blend will be enough to let him figure out whether he likes it and want to try some more. Some of the single malts have very particular qualities and he may pick one that isn't his thing. If he tried some Talisker, for instance, I don't think it would give him a really good idea what scotch is like in general. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Macallan 12 is a great choice for these very reasons.

11-16-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why people are suggesting the easier stuff like Macallen. It'll give him a good idea without babying him or overwhelming him.

But to each their own I suppose.

11-16-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am more and more convinced that ugly chicks are in my future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you drank more single malts that would change. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sfer
11-16-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in

[/ QUOTE ]

Convince Shaun to host a home game and I'll bring 3 bottles.

edtost
11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to get in on this, as I'm driving to NY/NJ from Florida pretty soon. Any chance this happens say, the weekend after Thanksgiving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my original post was ill-concieved due to me being at school ~an hour from nyc by car or train ... I'm more than willing to have all you guys down here, but the event would perhaps be more successful in the city.

Are there any ideas of places we could do this, or volunteers willing to step up and host?

scrub
11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my original post was ill-concieved due to me being at school ~an hour from nyc by car or train ... I'm more than willing to have all you guys down here, but the event would perhaps be more successful in the city.

Are there any ideas of places we could do this, or volunteers willing to step up and host?

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck it up and do it in Scully.

Also, I may drop by if you guys take so long getting this together that I'm back for the holidays.

scrub

edtost
11-16-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I may drop by if you guys take so long getting this together that I'm back for the holidays.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I smell a Borgata trip. And that cool looking burger place in New Haven.

ethan
11-16-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd vote for this or the Balvenie Doublewood, which should cost the same or $5-10 more.

scrub
11-17-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That place is fantastic. You've got to pair it with Pepe's, though. One of the best days in cheap food anywhere.

scrub

housenuts
11-17-2005, 12:36 AM
this thread needs to be removed because whenever i see it all i want to do is go home and drink my scotch.

i don't carry the highest quality stuff but i like it

i got some johnnie walker red label, famous grouse, and gordon highlanders scotch at home.

Brain
11-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I like Maaaaaaax Poooooooooooower's bourbon idea as I've recently started having that occasionally.

I'd also be up for some scotch tasting (either once or twice). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vish
11-17-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A Borg trip would be perfect for me, I'm going there anyway. Can you make it to NJ, Ed? BTW, if I can make it, I'll bring a bottle of Balvenie 15, and possibly something else--just letting you guys know so there's not too much duplication.

KDawgCometh
11-17-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if it isn't in NYC, I can have it at my place in New Brunswick. I have enough room for a fair size of people, like 16-20(though that may be tight). I'm gonna be in Chicago for thanksgiving from 21-29th, so I can do it after that if we aren't gonna be in NYC and need a place

edtost
11-17-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, if it isn't in NYC, I can have it at my place in New Brunswick. I have enough room for a fair size of people, like 16-20(though that may be tight). I'm gonna be in Chicago for thanksgiving from 21-29th, so I can do it after that if we aren't gonna be in NYC and need a place

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A Borg trip would be perfect for me, I'm going there anyway. Can you make it to NJ, Ed? BTW, if I can make it, I'll bring a bottle of Balvenie 15, and possibly something else--just letting you guys know so there's not too much duplication.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in princeton, and perfectly willing to hit up either new brunswick or AC at any point.

edtost
11-17-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Maaaaaaax Poooooooooooower's bourbon idea as I've recently started having that occasionally.

I'd also be up for some scotch tasting (either once or twice). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

burbon rules.

KDawgCometh
11-17-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in princeton, and perfectly willing to hit up either new brunswick or AC at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

count me also in for wanting to hit up AC

peterchi
11-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I think this is a great idea, and I will make the drive up from Baltimore for this if given a place to crash.

edtost
11-17-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great idea, and I will make the drive up from Baltimore for this if given a place to crash.

[/ QUOTE ]

peterchi - my futon is always open for visitors.

everyone else - sounds like jersey is where its at if some of you guys are willing to stop by on the way to AC or just from boozing if you're lame like that - lets say fri dec 2 to give us some time to plan. it'll be in the princeton/new brunswick area (i'll pm with kdawg to figure out an exact location), so who specifically hosts it shouldn't be a big issue for anyone else.

RSVP to this thread with what you're bringing so there's no overlap.

ozyman
11-17-2005, 11:31 PM
This all sounds like it could be a ton of fun. If this ends up happening and there is room for one more, count me in.

edtost
11-17-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This all sounds like it could be a ton of fun. If this ends up happening and there is room for one more, count me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's always room for one more.

KDawgCometh
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I can fit like 10-12 people. Anymore and it might be on the tight side. The early evening works best for me too as I need to do things in the afternoon

edtost
11-17-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can fit like 10-12 people. Anymore and it might be on the tight side. The early evening works best for me too as I need to do things in the afternoon

[/ QUOTE ]

As i said in my pm; time-wise i'm thinking after dinner-ish; if there are too many people for your place, I can have everyone down to pton.

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can't... I don't drive anymore. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

scrub
11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv3d2DriveTT

scrub

turnipmonster
11-18-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm not a huge scotch drinker but I am incredibly down for some bourbon tasting. maker's mark is the closest thing I have to a religion.

edtost
11-18-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a huge scotch drinker but I am incredibly down for some bourbon tasting. maker's mark is the closest thing I have to a religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is request #2 for bourbon, so i'm making the executive decision that this event will include whisk(e)y from all nations, including but not limited to scotch and bourbon.

KDawgCometh
11-18-2005, 04:04 AM
this is a great decision. I'll get some canadian whiskey for this

tonypaladino
11-18-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Vespa?

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv3d2DriveTT

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered Luv2Scrub, doesn't have the same ring.

Luv2DriveTT
11-18-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No Vespa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not till March. Too cold soon. Must drink Scotch to stay warm.

scrub
11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv3d2DriveTT

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered Luv2Scrub, doesn't have the same ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with good hygiene.

scrub

Brain
11-18-2005, 10:40 PM
NB is good or Princeton can work too. I just opened some Woodford Reserve and it's good so far.