PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. two LA players

11-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Read: SB and MP2 are both loose aggressive players.

Pokerroom .50/1

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
4 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises, MP2 reraises </font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB re-raises </font>, Hero calls, <font color="red"> MP2 raises </font>, SB calls, Hero calls

Turn: (10.5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red"> MP2 bets </font>, SB calls, Hero calls

River: (13.5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red"> MP2 bets </font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Was this played correctly? Was there any way I could've gotten away from this? After I bet the flop its 6 to 1 to call, but I really only have 6 outs because of the flush possibility. Even if I make my straight I might not have the nuts.

11-16-2005, 01:14 AM
*grunch*

Preflop looks good. Flop is rough, I might check that and if it's 2 back to me, fold. I also think you can fold after betting if it's 2 back to you... but the pot is relatively huge so calling is close.

oh yeah, and I don't overcall that river.

That said,

TripleH68
11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Against LAGs you can cap preflop if you'd like, though the way you played it is fine.

I don't bet the flop here. Simply because I don't want to pay a lot of bets with this hand. I am not worried about AK hitting because we have 2 jacks and the king gives us the str8! I would check this flop and see how it goes.

As you played it the river is a close call - very read dependent.

11-16-2005, 02:56 AM
*grunch*
This is tough one for me as, obviously, it was for you. The fat pot makes it hard to fold, though the raises seem to be telling us quite clearly that we are behind.

The problem for me is determing the outs we truely have. You have the OESD, but I worry that someone else does as well and perhaps it gets chopped. A jack makes a straight for any K's out there. The hearts on the flop don't help. I'm not smart enough to breakdown all the scenarios but I have warning signs that to hit a supposed "out" will not really help us afterall.

So I say its best to let it go on the flop. Once the flop is called however, I continue to call down and pray.

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
I cap preflop and fold the river.

TheMainEvent
11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
I would cap PF, LAG decides to Limp-RR from MP2? F that guy, he could have anything. I play it the same way postflop except I don't call on the river.

Are people really talking about folding on this flop? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LoaferGee12
11-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Cap preflop, especially since you have that 3rd player. Unless they are both way overly aggressive, then I think you can check-fold the river.

crovax4444
11-16-2005, 06:02 AM
*grunch*

3 bet pre-flop

fold on the river. Clear fold. Possible flush made it, people have been betting into you like crazy at earlier streets...

I want to fold in many other places, like the flop and turn, but you have odds for it

Weatherhead03
11-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Cap preflop and dont overcall the river.

11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
I agree with the turn check but I would bet on the river.
"I really only have 6 outs because of the flush possibility"--you mean straight?

11-16-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"I really only have 6 outs because of the flush possibility"--you mean straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I meant the straight of course. 6 outs because
another jack probably helps others more than it helps
me.

In retrospect, I think the river is an obvious check/fold.
I remember thinking at the time that I was pretty sure I was behind after the flop but that the pot had grown so huge by the river that I only needed to win something like 7% of the time to show a profit. I've since re-read the overcalls section on SSH.

The thing that I'm really not sure about is how to correctly play after the flop. Is folding correct or absolutely wrong if i'm facing two bets?