PDA

View Full Version : Wiesy Does It!

Bill Murphy
06-25-2003, 11:35 PM
Dunno if ya'll saw anything on it, what with Potter and all, but Michelle "God" Wie won the US Women's Public Links. She's gonna play the Girl's Amateur, Women's Amateur, and US Women's Open(at Pumpkin Ridge, where Tiger won his last Amateur) this summer. If she wins the MEN'S(aka US) Public Links(her stated goal) she gets an invite tae Augusta.

It's on... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

"If you grow up normal, you'll only be normal. And I don't want to be normal. I want to be something else." - Michelle Wie, 2003. (think I've found me an Internet posting/e-mail sig line at last... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )

Phat Mack
06-26-2003, 03:02 AM
When is the Men's Pub Links championship?

M2d
06-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Last week, I was back home in Hawaii for some family things, and I ran into my old baseball coach. He's a big (recreational) golfer and a pretty well known sports figure in the islands, as well as a fixture at Punahou (Where I went and Michelle goes). I asked my coach if I could meet her, and he asked why. Well, I replied, I have this cousin at Roosevelt (another high school down the way) who's just the same age as she is. he's not six feet yet, but he's on his way (5'7" 8th grader with size 10.5 shoes) so maybe I could try to hook the two of them up!!

she's too young for my tired old self, and she'd kick my @$$ anyway, but the kid needs a good whoopin', and it's a way to ensure that he's provided for.

"Matchmaker, Matchmaker make me a match..."