PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick screwup?

SoCalPat
06-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Once again, $10 NL sit and go at Paradise. Still at or near the chip lead with roughly 2,300-2,500. Blinds at 50/100

Later in the tournament, I'm again on the button and am dealt A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

CO makes raises to 200, I make it 400 to go, and again, it's just us two to the flop.

FLOP: Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

CO bets 400, I call

TURN: 10 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

CO bets 400, and with six outs to TPTK, four outs to a straight and eight more for the nut flush, I call (my play in this hand is deteriorating, IMO).

RIVER: Who needs specifics here? It was a stinkin' rag.

CO bets another 400. Given what happened in my previous encounter with him, what do you do here?

Results to follow. Don't be afraid to hammer me on my play to this point.

SoCalPat
06-25-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm embarrassed to post this, but here goes.

I call, hoping for another hand like before, and he turns up 55. I gotta think more aggression on my part at any time in this hand, and he releases it.

JayKon
06-25-2003, 09:34 PM
First, I think I would have made it more to go before the flop. T150 in blinds + T200 CO raise = T350. Seems making it at least T600 to go is reasonable, Raising it to T400 gives the CO 750:200 to call, or ~4:1. Depending on how the CO was playing, I might have moved in on him. More probably, I would have raised T800 to T1000 (about half of my stack). Then, if he calls (which I don't really want him to) and checks on the turn (reasonable), I fire my remaining chips.

So long as you let hinm lead the betting, your the one making the decisions - put him to a decision.

As to your outs on the trun. 9 diamonds, 4 J's, 3 K's, 3 A's for a total of 19 out of 46 unseen cards is a little less than half of the time. Not a good position to be in head up if your just calling.

SoCalPat
06-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Actually, only 18 outs (you're counting the J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif twice, but I get your point. It was really devastating getting 1.5-1 to improve (and win, as we eventually saw) -- not much more than even money -- and coming up empty.