PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice concerning stealing the blinds

11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
It looking through my PT stats over the last 9000 hands(yeah, I know, small sample) at the 1/2 level I see that my Attempt to Steal Blinds stat is really quite low. It is currently 14.46. The guidelines recommend somewhere in the range of 35%. My question is, does that number come from attempts only when you are on the button and it has been folded to you? Or does it count further off the button?

It just seems that trying to steal 20% more would get me in alot of trouble. I only like to steal if I have at least one decent card, and the other is not a 2 or 3.

Do I need to just suck it up and attempt more? I am just curious to what guidelines alot of you use when in this situation. I know that it is very read dependent concerning the players in the blinds. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

MrWookie47
11-15-2005, 08:16 PM
PT steals come from either button or the CO. You should be profitable with any A on the button when it's folded to you.

NateDog
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Your opening range should be huge from the CO or button. With the right table, a weak Ace (or better) is golden from the hi-jack seat (1 right of the CO) as well.

shant
11-16-2005, 12:08 AM
This post about blind stealing (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=2337110 &Forum=f3&Words=-re&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2337110&Search=true& where=sub&Name=11253&daterange=1&newerval=1&newert ype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2337110) helped me bring my ASB from around where you are to ~42% which is where it is now. It is an excellent thread and I'm not sure how it applies to blind stealing at this level, but is worth a read.