PDA

View Full Version : Best Amusement Park?

istewart
11-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm afraid of rides (yes, lol) so I don't really know the ins and outs of amusement parks. What are your favorites?

pokerdirty
11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
http://nvcs.stier.org/Senior%20Trip/raptor.jpg

Raptor - Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

Aloysius
11-15-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid of rides (yes, lol) so I don't really know the ins and outs of amusement parks. What are your favorites?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.actionfig.com/simpsons/duff_gardens_2.jpg

istewart
11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
lmfao

diebitter
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.blogwaybaby.com/uploaded_images/Las%20Vegas-799920.jpg

imported_anacardo
11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Six Flags Over Texas will always hold a special place in my heart. As a child I lived maybe fifteen minutes away. Bored on a summer morning? Let's hit the Shockwave. (Why they didn't build another coaster between 1980 and 1991 is beyond me.)

I was impressed with Magic Mountain in LA. Less 'fun,' but more no-nonsense ride-based wackiness. "Theme? [censored] that. Dozen roller coasters right next to each other. That's your theme."

peterchi
11-15-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

[/ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about the state of Ohio.

M2d
11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
http://www.t-shirtking.com/graphics/tn138-00222.jpg

4_2_it
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. The Hulk Coaster is excellent and the Spiderman ride is the best non-roller coaster ride I'v eever been on.

KaneKungFu123
11-15-2005, 06:52 PM
ive only been to the parks in orlando and islands of adventure is the freaking bomb!

Shillx
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
You pussy. The best parks I have been to are Cedar Point (Ohio) and Magic Mountain (CA). On the next tier you have King's Island (Ohio). On the bottom of the list there is Great America in Santa Clara (hey it is close at least but they keep taking out their best rides /images/graemlins/confused.gif).

The best ride by far is X at Magic Mountian. You so some crazy [censored] that just can't be put into words. One second you are face up going backwards and the next you are in a face first straight down freefall. If you don't like coasters, it certainly isn't a great place to start but stuff like X will certainly be the new breed of coaster. There is just nothing else like it right now and everyone is speechless after the ride because it is so sick.

toss
11-15-2005, 07:08 PM
X of Sixflags California >>> all.

Best Coaster Ever (http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/Rides/x.html)

swede123
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
In terms of exciting rides it's Six Flags Magic Mountain.

In terms of a awesome fun time good food and drink as an adult it's Copenhagen's Tivoli. If you're ever planning to visit Denmark I strongly suggest spending a night at Tivoli.

Swede

NutzyClutz
11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Knoebels

TomCollins
11-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Any answer other than Cedar Point is made by someone who is clearly ignorant on the topic. Lock the thread. That's the answer. There is no debate.

jgorham
11-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Holy God I love that ride.

Piiop
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Cedar Point no contest.

imported_anacardo
11-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Ohio's up THERE, you know. I'm sure they'll take you back. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chairman Wood
11-15-2005, 07:44 PM
This is the correct answer. It is also the only thing worth a damn in the whole state of Ohio.

mason55
11-15-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any answer other than Cedar Point is made by someone who is clearly ignorant on the topic. Lock the thread. That's the answer. There is no debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

toss
11-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Did somebody say Two p Two trip to Magic Mountain?

And the incredibleness factor goes way up when you ride in the rain. I was lucky enough to ride it once when it was pouring outside. It was fecking wild. Couldn't tell what was going on at all.

BeerMoney
11-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Whalom Park, for a whale of a time.

Senor Cardgage
11-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Cedar Point destroys every other park I have been to. I live in the South but have been there five or six times.

zephed
11-15-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point destroys every other park I have been to. I live in the South but have been there five or six times.

[/ QUOTE ]
For all you people raving about cedar point, have you been to magic mountain in CA?

tonypaladino
11-15-2005, 08:50 PM
I may get [censored] from people for saying this, but Walt Disney World. I have so much freakin fun there, even now. I love it just as much at 22 as when I was 10 years old.

<font color="white"> And please don't tell me "It's not an amusement Park, it' a theme park. That's just splitting hairs. </font>

toss
11-15-2005, 08:51 PM
This makes me want to take a Nationwide Theme Park trip next summer. You know criss-cross the coutry staying at hotels hitting up theme parks and B&amp;Ms and play [censored] on my laptop. I should do it.

Hamish McBagpipe
11-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I suggest a visit to The Holy Land Experience in Orlando. Featured exhibits include the Wilderness Tabernacle, the Scriptorium, and the Jerusalem Model. The newest attraction is the exciting for all ages "A Day In The Life Of a Monk" exhibit.

Although possibly exceeded in total fun by Opryland, sadly that theme park is now closed. So, The Holy Land Experience is now the "must visit" theme park for all (not open Sundays).

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2235/aboutus054gb.gif

Hamish McBagpipe
11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
But my favorite amusement park playlands are these two...

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8890/playland5dr.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2739/playland20vt.jpg

battschr
11-15-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdp
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For all you people raving about cedar point, have you been to magic mountain in CA?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes,I've been to over 30 amusement parks around the country and Magic Mountain is slightly above average.Nothing even comes close to Cedar Point.Absolutely nothing.

GoCubsGo
11-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Magic Mountain has a reputation for being dirty, having rude employees, and filled with rowdy hoodlums. But the rides look awesome.

I've been to Cedar Point and it's by far the best.

toss
11-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Didn't really notice about the park being dirty. Didn't think employees were really rude. I'm a rowdy hoodlum!

MrX
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Incredible ride selection and quality.

X

MrX
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may get [censored] from people for saying this, but Walt Disney World. I have so much freakin fun there, even now. I love it just as much at 22 as when I was 10 years old.

<font color="white"> And please don't tell me "It's not an amusement Park, it' a theme park. That's just splitting hairs. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline Milwaukee Best on head territory. Was It's a Small World your favorite ride?

X

Nick-Zack
11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed how good Cedar Point actually is. I live right in Sandusky and probably took my 2 sons there 40 times this last year - it never gets old.

Randy_Refeld
11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cedar Point no contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed how good Cedar Point actually is. I live right in Sandusky and probably took my 2 sons there 40 times this last year - it never gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am from Ohio and didn't realize how good Cedar Point was until I moved away from Ohio.

It is a little bit different, but Busch Gardens in Tampa is also amazing.

MyTurn2Raise
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly right. Top Thrill Dragster going 123 mph and over 400 feet high cannot be beat. It nearly dragged my eye-brow piercing out. Millenium force rocks. Magnum XL has nearly no wait with the other coasters and it only drops 200 ft. There is also a sweet wooden one that goes on and on and on.

tonypaladino
11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline Milwaukee Best on head territory. Was It's a Small World your favorite ride?

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually been there, or do you just like to spread douchebaggery around?

(And I think the Beer can on the head thing is getting old, and should technically be considered a poker reference)

maxpower72
11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MrX
11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually been there, or do you just like to spread douchebaggery around?

(And I think the Beer can on the head thing is getting old, and should technically be considered a poker reference)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a seasonal Florida resident pass to WDW Orlando several years when I lived in Florida. I experienced WDW from ages 12-22. As far as rides go WDW is not even top 8 as far as parks I have been to.

There was a time in my life I thought WDW was the best around though, but then I got out of Florida (although Tampa Busch Gardens beats it for rides even in FL).

X

jesusarenque
11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
If Disney World counts, it is the clear winner. If WDW doesn't count, then Cedar Point wins.

battschr
11-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Cedar Point &gt; Disney World.

jesusarenque
11-15-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. WDW kicks CP's ass.

pokerdirty
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. WDW kicks CP's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, i can't wait until you get banned.

battschr
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Have you even been to CP? Disney World has "It's a Small World" and pussy haunted house and [censored]...CP has kickass rollercoasters, lots and lots of kickass rollercoaster.

jesusarenque
11-15-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you even been to CP? Disney World has "It's a Small World" and pussy haunted house and [censored]...CP has kickass rollercoasters, lots and lots of kickass rollercoaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question wasn't "Which place has the most kickass ride?" He asked about the best park. WDW doesn't have the best ride, but it has other sweet stuff.

drewjustdrew
11-16-2005, 12:50 AM
I developed motion sickness in my 20's, so I don't go to these anymore, but in my youth, these were my favorites. That was 20 years ago or more, so I'm sure there have been changes. Bear in mind I grew up in the Buffalo area, so some of my picks are biased:

1. Cedar Point (by far as others have mentioned)
2. King's Island
3. Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL)
4. Darien Lake (now a six flags I believe)
5. Sherkston (Ontario)
6. Disney World
7. Busch Gardens
8. Hershey Park
9. Crystal Lake (Ontario)

Gandor
11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
In the USA:
1. Cedar Point

2. Magic Mountain
3. Busch Gardens - Williamsburg
4. Islands of Adventure
5. WDW

Sorry Randy, but Busch Gardens - Tampa does not even make the top 10. When I lived in Florida, I took my sister there. We spent the day walking back and forth between the same 2 coasters because everything else sucked.

There are a few international parks that I would rank into the top 5, but not above Cedar Point.

Randy_Refeld
11-16-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Randy, but Busch Gardens - Tampa does not even make the top 10. When I lived in Florida, I took my sister there. We spent the day walking back and forth between the same 2 coasters because everything else sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care much for it, but if you take a girl that likes animals it jumps way ahead of the others.

11-16-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live 40 minutes from Cedar Point and have been to Magic Mountain in CA.

This is not even a debate.

mason55
11-16-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care much for it, but if you take a girl that likes animals it jumps way ahead of the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say the same thing for the room where my cat sleeps.

Victor
11-16-2005, 01:20 AM
cedar pt and its not even close. i would recommend everyone get out to it at least once. its really worth it.

Randy_Refeld
11-16-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say the same thing for the room where my cat sleeps.

[/ QUOTE ]

It cost an extra $100, but going out to pet the giraffes is well worth it with these animal lovers.

MasterShakes
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
I agree with Cedar Point after having been just almost any significant amusement park in the country. Just like any other park though, you really should pick a good, off day to go, so you won't get shut out of rides you want. Their lines have a tendency to get ridiculously long.

Even their lower end roller coasters are great.

Also, hot teenage pieces of ass everywhere last time I was there.

orange
11-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Millenium force at Cedar point rules:
http://www.patik.com/photos/albums/userpics/trips/cedarpoint_2000/cedarpoint_2000_003.jpg

PokerFink
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Cedar Point. Not even close.

ChipWrecked
11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I've always wanted to hit Cedar Point and now that I have a kid it will be a must do. Especially since at 2 she already loves coasters:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/1.jpg
Pixieland Concord, CA

I do love WDW and how Uncle Walt [censored] with your sense of reality though. And unless Cedar Point has hellacious fireworks every night, sheeeeit.

Kanchi
11-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I live right by Canada's Wonderland and it's [censored].

I went to Disney Land in Tokyo this summer and loved it. There aren't any good rides or anything but just being there was fun.

pokerdirty
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
haha, people got stuck (http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4126995&amp;nav=8faO) on the Stratosphere in Vegas last night.

battschr
11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The question wasn't "Which place has the most kickass ride?" He asked about the best park. WDW doesn't have the best ride, but it has other sweet stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Best rides=best amusement parks. Rollercoasters are the only reason I go to parks.

jesusarenque
11-16-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Best rides=best amusement parks. Rollercoasters are the only reason I go to parks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go for the $10 bottles of Pepsi. Viva Holiday World!

OtisTheMarsupial
11-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Magic Mountain

zephed
11-17-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live 40 minutes from Cedar Point and have been to Magic Mountain in CA.

This is not even a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
K, thanks.

11-17-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thatpfunk
11-17-2005, 01:55 AM
I can't believe there is no love for SeaWorld...

eastbay
11-17-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I lived in Florida, I took my sister there. We spent the day walking back and forth between the same 2 coasters because everything else sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how it was when I lived there, too. In the past few years they have added many kickass rides, including three new large and fast coasters that are all very good.

eastbay