PDA

View Full Version : Stud/8: High Pair hand

Walter
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
7-handed online 3/6 game. comments please on all stages. i know that i stuck with it too long, but i felt that no one had aces and with the fives all dead no one would have a straight either.

THIRD STREET
The 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif brings it in.
The 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif the 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif and the 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif all fold.
I call with split kings with a side card 3.

The A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif completes the bet.
The A /forums/images/icons/club.gif behind him calls, as does everyone else.

FOURTH STREET
I have: (K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ) K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
Bring-in: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Raiser: A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Other: A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Raiser bets. Everyone calls.

FIFTH STREET

I have: (K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ) K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Bring-in: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Raiser: A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
Other: A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Other checks, The bring-in bets, and everyone calls.

SIXTH STREET

I have: (K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ) K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Bring-in: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Raiser: A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Other: A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

It is checked to me, I bet, and everyone calls

SEVENTH STREET

I have kings up. It is checked around and my hand is good.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-26-2003, 08:44 AM
It might be slightly weak-tight of me, but I tend to throw kings-nines in the muck, especially split. I know the ante at the 3-6 on party is higher than other sites, so it might be more justifiable there. It's just too easy to lose with them, because everyone in the universe plays lots of hands that contain an ace, so anytime one hits, you might be looking at aces. In this hand three were out in different hands, but you still had to be nervous about the ace raise on third.

al

Rockfish
06-26-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm with you Al. I toss any pair lower than AA until I get down to 88 and then I need an A kicker or a straight flush kicker and the conditions must be perfect. KK-99 goes straight into the muck.

I haven't played Stud/8 at Party, but if the games are as soft as the hold'em games are, I suspect that you can limp with KK, but if you see any action from a live A you will need a lot of help.

Remember that against that many players you are probably playing for half the pot and unless you catch another K early your hand is not very strong as the hand develops. Ray Zee talks about this and how it plays out is that you won't know where you stand as the hand develops and you will have to fold.

Rockfish