PDA

View Full Version : Will Pokerroom bring back 40% up to $200?

J Chap
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
i know they recently had the 40% up to 200 offer. now it's down to 20%/$100.

Anybody know if/when they are likely to bring back the 40/200?

i would like that one yes please me

jchap

playersare
11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
it rotates back in every few months or so, usually when there are other big promotions going on at the same time.

if you go through an affiliate link you might be able to get a similar offer year round. PSO has this deal but it's 10x points to clear, not 7x, afaik.

TGoldman
11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Just wait till next week when Eurobet joins the PokerRoom network. They will be offering a deposit bonus of 100% up to $600.

J Chap
11-15-2005, 10:02 PM
what's that speculation based on?

TGoldman
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Eurobet to join Pokeroom Network! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3910860&an=&page=0&vc=1)

KingMedicine
11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
that whole network is poop. rake is ridiculous there.
i havent heard of any bonus that would make playing there even slightly worthwile.

TGoldman
11-16-2005, 12:36 AM
The PokerRoom network is actually one of my favorite places to play, since for whatever reason they routinely have the best selection of some of the juiciest pot-limit Omaha/8 games on the net. I never play there without a bonus and thankfully bonuses are easy to come by on that site. Bonuses there are equal to at least a ~40% rakeback, making the site very attractive for me.

MyTurn2Raise
11-16-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i havent heard of any bonus that would make playing there even slightly worthwile.

[/ QUOTE ]

TXTiger
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the 5/10 short bonus clearance is listed at $13/hour and I still won't play there. The bonus probably makes it similar to playing at another site with no bonus or rb.

playersare
11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the 5/10 short bonus clearance is listed at $13/hour and I still won't play there. The bonus probably makes it similar to playing at another site with no bonus or rb.

[/ QUOTE ]
then you're not understanding the rake/bonus structure on that network correctly.

pokerroom gives 0.7 points for each dollar of table rake per hand, up to 2.1 points for a max $3 rake. previously, any hand raked $1 or more only got a single point, which was a worse deal for higher limit players. yes they do take a higher percentage out of each pot nowadays, but as long as you have a bonus running then it will all funnel back to you in the end.

no matter what limit you play, a 7x pokerroom bonus is worth full 100% rakeback at full ring and 50% at 5-max. if you don't have a bonus running there, then of course you should play elsewhere.

TXTiger
11-16-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
then you're not understanding the rake/bonus structure on that network correctly.

pokerroom gives 0.7 points for each dollar of table rake per hand, up to 2.1 points for a max $3 rake. previously, any hand raked $1 or more only got a single point, which was a worse deal for higher limit players. yes they do take a higher percentage out of each pot nowadays, but as long as you have a bonus running then it will all funnel back to you in the end.

no matter what limit you play, a 7x pokerroom bonus is worth full 100% rakeback at full ring and 50% at 5-max. if you don't have a bonus running there, then of course you should play elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do understand the structure there, no problem. If bw is correct then I get back $13 an hour on the recent 2000 ponts for $200 bonus. If that's the case then I need to decide how much more it costs me in rake to play at pokerroom vs playing at other sites.

They rake $2 instead of $1 out of a $20 pot. Playing 5 max at likely 90 hands per hour how much difference does that extra dollar make. A Ton. A lot of 5/10 shorthanded pots are $20-$40. I'm not sure it would be worth it to play there if they were the only bonus in town. Considering the fact that there are many other opportunities for bonuses or rb it's a no brainer not to play at a site with software that bad. I have $200 in bonus money sitting there that I thought about clearing just to check out the bw clearance rate, but I don't care for the site anyway so I'm not going to pay the rediculous rake to clear the bonus.