PDA

View Full Version : Dell 20.1 fp2001 (i think is its name)

11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Anyway, Im getting a xbox 360. Then im going to get a vga cable for it and hook it up to the dell. The dell can run HD like a HDTV right?

11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
cmon foolios

11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
cmon foolios, pull your heads out.

11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Ok, here is what you need to do, step by step:

1: Once you have the 360, you'll need to pop the case and use a voltmeter to judge the current running from the psu, the graphics bus, and then to the video output. It is VERY important that the cable you buy has the correct gal rating. I cannot emphasize this enough. If it does not, you risk current blow-back which could fry your 360 AND your screen.

2: Open the dell and repeat the process to make sure that the ratings match. If they don't, obviously you will need to get a current bridge gal cable converter to manage the differential and avoid the above-mentioned current blow-back, but you probably already knew that.

3: You're going to have some latency due to the transfer speed differential between the 360's non-standard VESA decoding subsystem and your Dell's gpu. You can adjust this by entering Xbox system properties: enter during POST: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select start.

4: now you have about 99 lives to get, foolio.

C-Dog
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Seriously who bumps their own thread twice in less than 4 hours. That is ridiculus, what you oughta do is...

C-Dog

11-16-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously who bumps their own thread twice in less than 4 hours. That is ridiculus, what you oughta do is...

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I bump my thread twice in less than 4 hours. Except you already knew that but wanted to try and be "cool" in front of your peers.

And what I outta do is, not listen to peter's stoogy-ass advice.

11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
How about using Google or visiting's Dell's site, idiot.