PDA

View Full Version : Silver Diner

Tyler Durden
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I ate there last night. I guess many ppl don't know what it is but it's like Johnny Rocket's, a 50s-themed diner in the DC area. Anyway, on the table they have a sea salt grinder and a container of peppercorn pellets.

Wtf ever happened to regular table salt? And crushed black pepper? Why do some places try to be different? You don't mess w/ the formula that works and salt and pepper are centerpieces of a restaurant meal.

Okay so what bugs you guys, anything similar?

Benal
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Sea salt tastes soo much better though..

xadrez
11-15-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sea salt tastes soo much better though..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to say that I could eat it plain. Actually, I have done that. I think what annoys me more are faux, 50's style diners. Esp. when the employees are forced to wear those stupid goddamned round paper hats.

miajag81
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
I'll just butt in here to say Silver Diner rules. I can't believe they opened one in Greenbelt right after I left College Park.

11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll just butt in here to say Silver Diner rules. I can't believe they opened one in Greenbelt right after I left College Park.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silver Diner Paddy Melt, mmmmmmmmmm!

asofel
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I actually prefer the grinding. Its more fresh and the taste is noticeably different. Maybe you could hire some day laborers to bring with you next time if you're too tired to grind it yourself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tonypaladino
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Better salt and pepper bugs you?

11-15-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could hire some day laborers to bring with you next time if you're too tired to grind it yourself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent inter-thread connection!