PDA

View Full Version : Have you played with me? 5/10

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
I've played like 30k hands at 5/10 over the last 2 months mostly while I've been in Europe. My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why. Some of it is clearly tilt, but I should still be doing better unless I'm just running really bad. My screenames are CAP_THAT_CHIT and SmileyEH1. On the Cap screename I mess around and make fun of players so if I insulted you or pissed you off my apologies, I just get bored and tilt alot. So if you've played with me it would be cool to get a sense for how other players view me, I'd glady return the favour by PM or otherwise.

thanks,

-SmileyEH

flair1239
11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played like 30k hands at 5/10 over the last 2 months mostly while I've been in Europe. My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why. Some of it is clearly tilt, but I should still be doing better unless I'm just running really bad. My screenames are CAP_THAT_CHIT and SmileyEH1. On the Cap screename I mess around and make fun of players so if I insulted you or pissed you off my apologies, I just get bored and tilt alot. So if you've played with me it would be cool to get a sense for how other players view me, I'd glady return the favour by PM or otherwise.

thanks,

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you answered your own question. Tilt adds up quick at 5/10 full. Reason being is your edge is probably a lot less than you are accustomed to.

It is also harder to Lag people out of pots, because on average most of these guys are not horrible PF. SO they often catch enough of the board to justify a call down (in their minds).

Without writing an essay, you need to pick your spots better.

This seems to be a common post for a lot of people entering 5/10full. I know this is how I felt the first 60,000 hands.

Joe Tall
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your answer:

I just get bored and tilt alot

ErrantNight
11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
1.1bb/100 isn't bad... and if you get bored and tilt a lot... that would easily explain where your losses are coming from. it's an issue i deal with, too... but even if someone has enough hands with you to point out a few mistakes in play... its the lapse in judgment that's likely causing you so much pain.

W. Deranged
11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I've played with Cap_ and have some hands on you. I'll take a look at them when I'm back to my computer.

DoubleClutch
11-15-2005, 07:26 PM
I've got some hands on you also. They occured at EP during one of my big downswings in which you probably were able to take advantage of. I do remember associating your name with a chatter but I can't think of anything you said that stood out. Anyhow, the majority of hands we played (about 250) were short handed. My stats have you as a 26/21/3.4. And you were 3.37BB/100. Anyway, these hands seemed to occur in late September and I can't really remember anything outside of what my numbers say so i'll leave it at that.

DoubleClutch
11-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

River: (7.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 8c Kc (flush, king high).
MP1 has 3c 3h (full house, threes full of tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 16.20 BB. </font>

Here's one hand. You're MP1, i'm hero. (I didn't feel like doing the work to edit this, sorry)

11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Hehe - I had quite a chat with you today.
I was the one you advised to 3bet AJs.

Id rather you didnt put my name on here though.

Im in a similar boat to you.

0.9BB/100 after my 1st 70000 hands

Thats why Im trying to learn off people still. Maybe you are the wrong guy to learn off! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The glaringly obvious faults to me were that you overdefend your blind, and cant let small pots go (for what its worth)

Joe Taylor
11-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Just played with you today, actually. You and the uber-fish at the table were going back and forth like crazy, it was kind of funny - but only because the uber-fish was playing right along with it. Your description of your personality is spot on for "CAP_THAT_CHIT" too.... you really do act like an ass at the table, not that it bothers me at all.

You seemed pretty solid to me overall, although I think you try to steal a little too often. (You did have a losing session from my perspective, but it wasn't major. Betting out with Ace-high on the river wasn't wise, BTW - not when I had already shown you that I had something. LOL.)

shant
11-15-2005, 08:21 PM
What do you see wrong with that hand? Aside from preflop but that could have been read/table dependent.

Jake (The Snake)
11-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't understand why you refuse to accept the fact that this kind of winrate over a 30k hand stretch is entirely possible even for expert players.

From what I understand, you play an insane number of hands, which could be contributing to the tilt, but that's only something you could know.

DoubleClutch
11-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I didn't say that I saw anything wron with the hand that I posted. In fact, I thought it was played well. A fair question would be "Why did you post that hand?".

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The glaringly obvious faults to me were that you overdefend your blind, and cant let small pots go (for what its worth)

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably true...I hate folding and calling down too much is probably where I go wrong a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
I was the one you advised to 3bet AJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, from my perspective you really need to up your pf aggression.

Thanks for the tips.

-SmileyEH

BoxLiquid
11-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey I remember CAP_THAT_CHIT. Seen ya once. never played with ya though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jason_t
So you're saying you're immature. I assure you that contributes to your low winrate.

SmileyEH
[ QUOTE ]
Betting out with Ace-high on the river wasn't wise

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind posting that hand? I was going nuts on that table, and then I went card dead so my image was useless /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

-SmileyEH

bakku
11-15-2005, 08:58 PM
weren't you the guy who said anyone could make a decent living at 2/4?

jason_t
11-15-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was the guy beating 2/4 for 800 BB/100 over one billion hands.

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you refuse to accept the fact that this kind of winrate over a 30k hand stretch is entirely possible even for expert players.

From what I understand, you play an insane number of hands, which could be contributing to the tilt, but that's only something you could know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly realize that fact. I don't think I've been running that bad however so I should be doing much better than 1BB/100. I did 4 times that winrate at 2/4 for about 130k hands and I don't think the difficulty jump in stakes should drop my winrate that much. (If you accept that my long term winrate at 2/4 is at least 3.5/100 that is - between 1 and 2SD's from my recorded winrate)

I've played very few hands, and actually I think it has worsened my psychological outlook. When I was 8tabling 2/4 over the summer havingn a losing day was rare as I was putting in at least 2k hands a day, a losing week an impossibility. Playing 3-4k hands a week (while I was in Europe) made it easy to have a losing week, and this often left me dejected about the variance.

-SmileyEH

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was the guy beating 2/4 for 800 BB/100 over one billion hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 4.3 over 130k hands.

-SmileyEH

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying you're immature. I assure you that contributes to your low winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most aspects of my life I don't think I'm immature, but at poker I definitley can be.

-SmileyEH

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:04 PM
You rarely had a losing day playing 2k hands? That absinthe in Prague is good s[/i]hit, no?

Together, the following two statements make no sense.

[ QUOTE ]
over the summer havingn a losing day was rare as I was putting in at least 2k hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 3-4k hands a week (while I was in Europe) made it easy to have a losing week

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

shant
11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
OK, that's my fair question then.

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Because my edge in the 5/10 game is obviously lower and the variance higher. Please don't patronize me. I realize this thread left me open for attack, but I felt it was worth it to get some feedback on how I play.

edit: If my true edge at 2/4 was 2BB/100 a losing day should occure once a week or so (2k hands each - I usually played more per day). If my true edge at 5/10 is 1.5BB/100 a losing week (4k hands) should occur every 3 weeks or so. 15sd and 17sd respectively.

-SmileyEH

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because my edge in the 5/10 game is obviously lower and the variance higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

To go from "it was rare" to "easy to have" is absurd.

flair1239
11-15-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you busting his balls? The 2/4 to 5/10 is a big jump. You should know as your tried the same jump.

The 5/10 is a tougher game 1BB/100 is not terrible. Many seemingly good players run worse than that. IT just means some adjustments have to happen.

HE is asking for help if you have personal problems with im take it to PM.

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I will just do the math instead of leaving room for semantic nitpicking. Sorry everyone.

-SmileyEH

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you busting his balls? The 2/4 to 5/10 is a big jump. You should know as your tried the same jump.

The 5/10 is a tougher game 1BB/100 is not terrible. Many seemingly good players run worse than that. IT just means some adjustments have to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think that one of his main problems, and I'm being sincere here, is his attitude, his ego and his maturity level. The statements he has made about his game in the past and are making now are imo delusional.

My posts are not intended to be ball-busting. They are intended to point out what I think one of his main problems is. When he posts in OOT about Prague etc. we have a friendly dialogue; I state this to demonstrate that the posts here aren't part of some long-standing feud.

toss
11-15-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think that one of his main problems, and I'm being sincere here, is his attitude, his ego and his maturity level. The statements he has made about his game in the past and are making now are imo delusional.

My posts are not intended to be ball-busting. They are intended to point out what I think one of his main problems is. When he posts in OOT about Prague etc. we have a friendly dialogue; I state this to demonstrate that the posts here aren't part of some long-standing feud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought you hated this guy. Hard to tell over the internet.

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I really thought you hated this guy. Hard to tell over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg, I don't at all. Sincerely, go read our exchange in OOT from about a month ago.

toss
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I believe. No need to go digging back. Its probably worth reading about Smiley's adventures though.

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe. No need to go digging back. Its probably worth reading about Smiley's adventures though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. It's so [censored] boring. The guy is wasting his opportunity over there. gg, what a joke. <font color="white">ahahahaha</font>

private joker
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
It is always extremely difficult to tell if Jason is actually angry or not. It's what makes him so much fun at a live poker table.

shant
11-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Jason is always angry unless I'm involved.

SmileyEH
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. It's so [censored] boring. The guy is wasting his opportunity over there. gg, what a joke. <font color="white">ahahahaha</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had a picture of the 27yr old scottish chick I banged to insert here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-SmileyEH

toss
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Creepy.

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had a picture of the 27yr old scottish chick I banged to insert here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Please note the "ahahahaha" in white at the end of my post. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shant
11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really pushing that borderline gay thing aren't I?

jason_t
11-15-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really pushing that borderline gay thing aren't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
from what i've seen, youre [censored] weaktight.