PDA

View Full Version : Another KQ suited

11-15-2005, 04:19 PM
1/2 Hold 'em (10 handed)

Hero is CO with K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

2 folds UTG+2 calls, 3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero Raises </font>, <font color="red"> Button Reraises </font> , SB folds BB calls, UTG+2 calls, hero calls

Flop: (12.5 SB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, <font color="red"> Button Raises </font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls

Turn: (8 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, Button bets , Hero calls

River: (10 BB) 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets , Button calls

I got lucky to suck out on the river. With the size of the pot I feel like I should have called the flop, but I'm not sure if I should bet the flop there.

Should I have called the turn. It seems like I'm up against Pair of Aces, set, two pair, of a straight. Against everything but the pair of aces the 10's are my only outs, and I could be chopping the pot with it anyway. My thinking is that I should have folded it, but the pot was rather large.

btspider
11-15-2005, 04:26 PM
cc, cc, cf probably works UI.

i'd check-raise the river.

Niediam
11-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Why bet the flop? Outside of TT I can't think of any hands that the button can have that don't have you beat.

cold_cash
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't bet the flop.

You're not winning and you can't fold.

jaxUp
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like BB to fold a Q. Is that enough of a reason to bet?

DCWildcat
11-15-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cc, cc, cf probably works UI.

i'd check-raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough people c/r the river, and this is a perfect opportunity for it.

11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Just check/call the flop.

The turn is a fold to me. The only reasonable hand that he could have at this point, that you have more than 4 outs against, is AJ.

11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Grunch and using Poker Stove as always: this one is obviously very dependent on your read. If you put villian on AA, KK, JJ, TT, AKs, AK, AQs, AQ, AJs, AJ, you still have over a 20% likelihood of winning. With the pot lying 8:1, I think you have to call the turn.

Added after reading the thread: I only thought about the turn. If you check/call the flop as many others recommend, the pot is smaller on the turn and the answer might be fold then.

cold_cash
11-15-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like BB to fold a Q. Is that enough of a reason to bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I mean, I see what you'e saying but I don't think we pull off that parlay often enough to make up for the extra bet it costs. You're going to be raised by the Button a ton and other gutshots are likely to call anyway.

If I thought there was a better chance of the Button raising with a worse hand and us being in the lead it would be different.

I would also prefer the BB fold a Ten if he had one, if he has a Queen I'd be much less concerned about him.

shabamgoddam
11-15-2005, 04:48 PM
pf seems solid, i wouldn't lead this flop, c/c flop/turn/river. certainly seems like your up against big A/2 pair/set. big pot w/ only 3 sure outs to win or split=cheapest showdown possible. anyone c/r river just for sh*ts and giggles? seems like button would automatically lead.
(1st grunch attempt) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BoogerFace
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
*grunch*

I don't think this was a big suck out. You have 4ish outs on the flop and turn and the pot is huge.

I'm not sure I would have lead out on the flop though.