PDA

View Full Version : How often do you see the same players?

11-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm multi-tabling the Stars $27s and the most I've seen any one other player is in ~2% of my games, and even adding up all the other guys who I know are multi-tabling it seems like they only show up on average once every 2-4 games or so.

For some reason, I would have guessed those numbers would be higher. Anyone else want to share what they're seeing? I rarely play at Party right now and am curious if folks see a different number of familiar faces there (or elsewhere), as well.

durron597
11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I have at least one person with a note in just about every game I play. But another poster gave me his notes file, so yeah.

EarlOfSandwich
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I only just recently started playing Party STTs. I played for a few weeks at the 22s (but only a couple hours a day), and for about a week now at the 33s. I was already seeing "noted" players once or twice a table at the 22s, and I'm seeing them at the 33s even faster than I did the 22s.

I always opt out of those tables with a known regular player (unless they're a known fish, but that's rare).

I refuse to play with juicy_v_gina, although if I had one I suppose I might consider it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hornacek
11-15-2005, 04:55 PM
I 8-table the $55s, and I generally see at least 2 people that are in 3 tournaments with me at the same time. It makes me /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

rbear
11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
You've got to be joking me. She's not THAT good.
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mhcmarty
11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I refuse to play with juicy_v_gina, although if I had one I suppose I might consider it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this becuase of the name. I've played with this person at the 22's. Any insight???

mhcmarty
11-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Now I get it!!!!

LOL!!!

EarlOfSandwich
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this becuase of the name. I've played with this person at the 22's. Any insight???

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. She/he/it seems to be at the 33s pretty consistently when I play around noon on weekdays.

Shilly
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a regular poster on these forums.

downtown
11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I 10-table the $55s, and I generally see at least 2 people that are in 3 or more tournaments with me at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't bother me that much, but on occasion and rarely there have been 5 players at my table who fit this description, and that makes me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hornacek
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I've dabbled with 10-tabling the last few nights, but I've become so obsessive about seeing all my tables that I'm continually clicking the middle table so I can still see it.

Newt_Buggs
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
I once sat down at a $215 and already had notes on all 9 other players before the game started.

KennyBanya
11-15-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only played a few SNGs with Juicy. From what I have seen he/she plays a super tight early level strategy and then "pushbots" from level 4 on.

This style I have heard described as "typical 2+2 pushbot style" by some renowned STT forum posters.

Peace KennyBanya

ZeroPointMachine
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I see quite a few regulars at the 55s. Playing multiple tables does not equate to being a winning player. I've seen the same person on all four tables be gone by level 4 more times than I can count.

1C5
11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is it?

Slim Pickens
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
A fraction of regulars at the 55's really don't play that well. It's big, like 30 or 40%. A regular called my EP 12BB push with Q5s last night. I had AKs. He almost had me until my flush sucked out on his turned pair of queens. Knowing how your opponents play is more important at the 55's than exactly how they play anyway. No matter what their strategy, you can adjust if you know what it is.

Seth Money
11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be funny if it was Yugo hahahah cause he's gettin no pussy. Kind of like the guy that rips on gays but is in the closet. hahahah

Seth

psyduck
11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I too am curious to hear who Juicy really is. She's always on the leaderboard because s/he play 50 hours a day.

bjb23
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
yes, the guy is an absolute machine. im pretty sure that juicy has openly come forward on this forum...

11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
I've played 302 PS $15 turbos against 1996 unique players. One player has been in 7.3% of these games and another has been in 5.3% of these games. Two players have been in between 2% and 3% of these games. All other players have been in less than 2% of these games.

There's some statistical way to figure out how big the entire population of players from the number of repeat customers. At least there is in wildlife where populations are often determined by trapping and counting repeat visitors. The multi-table aspect of the poker problem may complicate things.

11-16-2005, 01:39 AM
i have seen juicy the most in about 3% of all my party 22s

and i only remember cuz he/she was usually always in the money with me

ace_in_the_hole
11-16-2005, 02:12 AM
LAst I looked juicy was decently high on the leaderboard, maybe.

tripdad
11-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Fish_Bot has been in 5.5% of my tourneys, more than twice as often as anyone else. he always sits top left in the 8 seat.

juicyv_gina is also a regular, as is SnyperTen and BILLFILMAFF1 and pukingtables (best results of the bunch so far). they all seem to be very solid.

33's BTW, and i've only played ~350 since i started hitting them hard.

tripdad

tripdad
11-16-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see quite a few regulars at the 55s. Playing multiple tables does not equate to being a winning player. I've seen the same person on all four tables be gone by level 4 more times than I can count.

[/ QUOTE ]

your sample size is ridiculously low to be making these assumptions based purely on results. the one person i've seen the most shows me as a small loser, and i only show him as a 0.48%ROI. nonetheless, i know he plays better than the vast majority of the other players.

tripdad

gisb0rne
11-16-2005, 03:38 AM
I think the most I've seen is the same person at 6 of my tables while 8-tabling the PS $27's.

Honestly, I can't tell if a player is good or not lol. I've played with a ton of people and I recognize a lot of avatars but I don't take notes. I just assume everyone sucks (except the couple people I know from 2+2 now) whether they 8-table or 1-table.

fluorescenthippo
11-16-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have at least one person with a note in just about every game I play. But another poster gave me his notes file, so yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

what buyin is this?

axeshigh
11-16-2005, 04:09 AM
I play the 55s and I see an average of 2-3 other multitablers with me at each table. It's just good to know which ones are good and which aren't and exploit them. It's hard work to find tables with less of them so it seems more profitable to adapt to the known players instead of avoiding them.

raptor517
11-16-2005, 04:26 AM
i see a lot of familiar faces, but no one really plays super well in the 109s, so i dont avoid anyone. i try to bounce around position on the 2+2ers i see that play just to mess with em though. thats the most fun part, the pregame seating with 2+2ers. holla

psyduck
11-16-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i see a lot of familiar faces, but no one really plays super well in the 109s, so i dont avoid anyone. i try to bounce around position on the 2+2ers i see that play just to mess with em though. thats the most fun part, the pregame seating with 2+2ers. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sounds like a blast.

Hornacek
11-16-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LAst I looked juicy was decently high on the leaderboard, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]Just checked, Juicy is.

To be that high on the TLB playing the $22s (he does, right... am I mistaken?) is amazing.

11-16-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To be that high on the TLB playing the $22s (he does, right... am I mistaken?) is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him in a bunch of 33s lately.

Jakob
11-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Do you guys try to avoid anyone at the 55$, or is that a waste of time??

Hornacek
11-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I don't... but only because I'm so frantically trying to get my set of 8 tables going, I don't bother. Especially since someone I'd be trying to avoid is most likely a multi tabler, I'd have to wait an entire orbit of games to sit in again (since I'd have to wait for games that this player ISN'T in).

astarck
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he is still playing the 22s, but I've seen him on like 19021398230941 of my 33s.

davehwm
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, the guy is an absolute machine. im pretty sure that juicy has openly come forward on this forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

So then why is this such a giant secret?

bigt439
11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I once sat down at a $215 and already had notes on all 9 other players before the game started.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be sitting much longer.

bigt439
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. There's a fine line between whether a 2p2er is bad enough to want to sit on their right because they're too tight when calling, or good enough to want to sit across the table from them because they'll rape your blinds and adjust to call your pushes.