PDA

View Full Version : 22s - AK, TPTK, bet, raise, coldcall?

11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Level 1 of a Party 22. I open limp A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP, LAG directly behind me calls (we were only 6 or 7 hands in but he'd already raised and called too much with weak hands), MP calls, LP calls, BB checks. We all have ~t800.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet t65 into the t85 pot, LAG raises to t130, MP coldcalls, folded to Hero

I was confident there was a good chance I could double up off of the LAG. His raise could mean a lot of things, but a weaker ace was most likely. Should I worry about the coldcall from MP? This was the first hand he had been involved in, so I assumed he wasn't too loose? How should I play this from here? Is the open limp with AK bad?

tigerite
11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't like the limp PF much at all, but it's not terrible or something. Well on the flop I'd just shove at this point. JJ would raise, AA would raise, often times AJ would raise as well. The LAG would have raised 99 pf too, probably not the other guy, but that and A9 are the only hands I would be really worried about here, more likely you see straight and flush draws all over the place. Push for me.

tigerite
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Just wanted to add. MP's cold call here is almost never a set unless he's a complete idiot, because the flop is so ridiculously co-ordinated here, he surely can't risk you or the LAG being on just a draw. He'd raise with a made hand.

kevkev60614
11-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Raise pf with AKo. It plays extremely well HU because many of the hands that call you have dominated. Your raise will weed out hands that will beat you on a board like this one.

Now that you're here, however, I'd push. You might run into two pair or a set, but you'll get called by a lot of worse hands, too. Also, you want to take down the pot now cuz there are plenty of scare cards left in the deck.

11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
One of the reasons to raise with AK (and the other good hands) is that it makes putting people on hands much easier. Except that LAG of course.

On the flop I'd bet full pot, or even some more than pot, because it's so cordinated. And when it comes back to me, I shove and close my eyes...