PDA

View Full Version : Looking for S&G coach

theBrendan
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I've been playing S&Gs for a few months, but not really paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm looking to step up to the next level. Anyone interested in coaching? Send me a pm and we can work something out.

Thanks

(btw, sorry if this is the incorrect place for such a post)

11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
People need to know the level you play at and if there is any compensation available. What concepts you understand is also nice...

GtrHtr
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing S&Gs for a few months, but not really paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm looking to step up to the next level. Anyone interested in coaching? Send me a pm and we can work something out.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This ought to be interesting. A complete stranger who doesn't pay attention when he plays, has been playing for a few months and wants a coach.

Duck Dude.

theBrendan
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This ought to be interesting. A complete stranger who doesn't pay attention when he plays, has been playing for a few months and wants a coach.

Duck Dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, call the Discovery channel, this deserves a special.

When I say I haven't been paying attention I only mean that I am just learning the concepts and probably haven't been applying them all correctly (ie correct bubble play). I was just sort of kidding around.

Anyway, compensation would be offered. I'd like to start at the $5 at party and work up. PM if interested.

Nicholasp27
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
lesson #1: don't play the 5/1 at party...the extra rake kills your roi...start at the 10/1

durron597
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lesson #1: don't play the 5/1 at party...the extra rake kills your roi...start at the 10/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does, but if he doesn't have the BR for 10/1 then he shouldn't play it, should he?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does, but if he doesn't have the BR for 10/1 then he shouldn't play it, should he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Open an account at Poker Stars (the rake is less)

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Find the Aleomagus "How to beat the $10's" post and follow it exactly... you'll start learning and winning...

Askilus
11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't he play at a different site then? I cashed out of Empire (where I have been playing the $11s) a couple of weeks ago and deposited to UB to play some $5.5 S&G. I have a BR of ~$1100 so I'm overrolled, but I want to sharpen my game. My plan is to play at UB for a while and when I feel better about my game go "back" to Party (not Empire this time) and the $11s. Does the differences in player styles and chip structure etc hurt me more than I gain from practiceing (how do you spell this form? /images/graemlins/smile.gif) at a lower level?

playtitleist
11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find the Aleomagus "How to beat the $10's" post and follow it exactly... you'll start learning and might start winning...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Big Limpin'
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find the Aleomagus "How to beat the $10's" post and follow it exactly... you'll start learning and winning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not so sure about "learning". the AM route doesnt teach you any poker, or any reason why a play is recommended. Its simply rote, a reference tool.

But i agree that it probably sill shows prefit at 11s if religously followeed.

citanul
11-15-2005, 03:37 PM
i hate to say it, but if you had a few hundred posts, i'd probably consider it, but meh.

c

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-15-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea... and read about playing in the bubble... very important!

rbear
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
practicing

theBrendan
11-15-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate to say it, but if you had a few hundred posts, i'd probably consider it, but meh.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Reconsider, I'm a long time lurker which must count for something, right?

Right...?

I know I used to be here under a different name but i've lost my login info. I'll see if I can find it.

theBrendan
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I didn't realize I already had a few PMs. Thanks!

11-15-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I_Play_G00t has a few hundred posts maybe you can coach him /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think I would prefer a lurker, however I can't imagine lurking for a long time and not picking up enough to beat the 10+1 (maybe even 20+2) without a coach

OT: long time lurker by the way, 1st post in this forum - figured 1st post as a reply should have less chance of getting hazed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Teck

Seth Money
11-15-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Cit,

Can you teach me I have over 10k SnG's logged from the 10's to the 50's, I'm looking for a coach to get me to the holy grail of party poker the 5+1 tournies thats where the real money is at. PM me. Hahhahaha

Seth

citanul
11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
[censored],

if you're actually interested in coaching, i'd consider you. we can talk when we weigh your fat ass.

c

Seth Money
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored],

if you're actually interested in coaching, i'd consider you. we can talk when we weigh your fat ass.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you gotta be hating? I mean let me know when your in Chicago again, it seems like your spending more time in NYC and LA then here.

Seth

theBrendan
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

however I can't imagine lurking for a long time and not picking up enough to beat the 10+1 (maybe even 20+2) without a coach

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify (because I'm anal) I've spent a while lurking, but not in the 1 table tourny section.