PDA

View Full Version : deep stack bluff plan

11-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm playing in a live $5/5 blinds game with effective stacks of $2000. Good, thinking villain leads opens for 25 UTG. UTG+1 calls, and I call in the CO with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB folds, BB calls.
Flop comes down, with about 100 bucks in it:
K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, UTG bets 100, UTG+1 folds, I make it 300, BB folds, UTG thinks and calls.
Turn is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG leads out for 500. I call with the plan of raising all-in any any spade, diamond, or straight that doesn't pair the board.

Who likes my plan vs raising the turn vs other plays?

AdamBragar
11-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I think it can be argued either way between callling or raising. If I call, I'm pushing any diamond or straight if checked to me regardless whether he checks. I'm done with the hand if I don't hit and am not bluffing a spade because there's a chance he's got a spade draw is using the turn as a blocking bet. Also, a lot of people get stubborn in such a big pot and are calling anyway. The reason I kind of like calling over raising is that you'll likely get paid off with a diamond and might even get your straight paid off because the real draw he's focusing on is the spades.

The board is so draw heavy, I'm not sure what your fold equity is if you push on the turn. It also depends how hard this guy will bet a hand like AK versus a set.

thabadguy
11-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Have u seen him stop'n'go before?
Trying to bluff stop'n'go's is not +ev in my experience.

11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I would be concerned about a bluff on the river... by my esimationg there will be over $2,000 in the pot by the time you push on the river.

If you push... he will be getting somewhere around 3 to 1 on his call... I think he calls here with way to many hands to make this move profitable.

I think I prefer to push it all in on the turn.

11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
You're not deep enough to make this play (bluffing)

lapoker17
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I think he has KKK.