PDA

View Full Version : Act II hand

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Single-table Act II NLHE at Foxwoods on Sunday. Early in the second level, blinds 25/50, no significant discepancy in stack sizes. I'm in the SB with 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

UTG, MP, C/O & Button limp, I complete, BB raises to 150, UTG folds, the rest of us call 5 see the flop with 650 in the pot.

Flop: 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check, intending to check-raise all-in. It gets checked around.

Turn: 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I check, MP bets 250, C/O folds, Button calls, I push all-in.

Comments?

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-25-2003, 01:37 PM
800 in the pot for the flop

Toro
06-25-2003, 01:43 PM
If someone with a hand like A,9 or 9,10 made a full house on the river, then your slow play cost you big time. i personally don't like to slow play except with almost unbeatable hands but I can't fault you. This is a rare opportunity to trap a lot of chips and sometimes you have to let your opponents catch up a little or give them the opportunity to bluff to accomplish this.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Checking twice was risky, but I knew the C/O to be a solid, agressive player. I gambled on him not letting it get checked around twice. And, yes, I contemplated flat-calling in hope of a 4th diamond hitting, but the prospect of the river card giving someone a bigger full house convinced me to push in.

Sarge85
06-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I like the moves you made. People probably have you on 3 nines and not the boat. There's the flush possibility, so you'll probably get those going for the flush. If someone had KK, i would suspect they'd bet stronger after the flop, to get rid of chasers of the flush. BB is indicating a strong hand with his preflop raise - but checks the flop??? Blind Stealer? my guess is you take down this pot fine....

sam h
06-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Kurn,

I think you played it well. That 9d was a great turn card for you and checking is ok there because a lot of hands are going to bet.

Whether the all-in raise or a smaller one would be best is hard to tell because I don't know the stack sizes involved. That 250 was a pretty weak bet. I wouldn't assume that you're necessarily up against a nine here.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Starting stack = 2,000. Everybody involved with 300 of that.

MtSmalls
06-25-2003, 03:07 PM
I think you played it just fine, I hate checking flopped sets when there is a big draw on the board. I think you have to either make a big bet on the flop so as to not give the flush drawers the right odds, or check. I think I would have made the big bet, with 800 in the pot already, which is roughly a 40-50% increase over your stack Or it builds a bigger pot for the flush which hit on the turn.

sam h
06-25-2003, 03:13 PM
I dunno. I might be tempted to milk it here by raising to 1000. 9x is about 6:1 to fill on the river. You're only offering 4:1 implied odds assuming the other player folds if you make it 1000 to go. And there is so much equity in getting a flush or even high diamond to call when drawing dead. It does kind of look like a milk raise, but most opponents aren't going to put you on a made full house after you've checked twice here. But I can understand moving in. It's a lot easier to do this kind of analysis after the fact.

lysis
06-25-2003, 03:43 PM
I ask cause if you have 1,000, then 800 is a lot. If you have 10,000 then not so much.

lysis

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-25-2003, 04:04 PM
2,000 to start. All involved are close to that.