PDA

View Full Version : TPNK + flush draw

schwza
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG+1 (t790)
UTG+2 (t790)
MP1 (t1770)
MP2 (t1275)
MP3 (t1120)
CO (t1740)
Hero (t810)
SB (t1285)
BB (t1490)
UTG (t965)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls t20, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t80) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t70</font>, UTG calls t70, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t220</font>, SB folds, BB calls t150, UTG folds.

Turn: (t590) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200.

i have 570 before the turn bet.

River: (t990) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t990

11-15-2005, 01:02 PM
I probably would have went ahead and pushed on the turn, you got at least 12 outs if he has a better ace (sometimes more depending what his kicker is) and can sometimes get a better ace to fold there. As it stood, you bet 200 into a 600 pot, which isn't chasing anyone off who called your 220 raise on the flop, and is putting in half your stack (started with about 800) there. I'd either push or check behind on that turn.

Otherwise, I liked it.

Sam T.
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Tough one.

With position and a goodly number of outs, I can see the argument for calling the flop bet. But a diamond might kill your action, and it is tough to call off 10% of your stack. I guess I like your raise. Pushing would be too much.

On the turn I either check behind or push. He liked his hand ehough to call a raise of 150 on the flop, so he's not going to lay it down for 200 on the turn - he's not folding his Ax, and a smallish bet is pricing in a lot of draws. Whenever a player bets less on the turn than he did on the flop I take it as a sign that he is about ready to give up on the hand and get aggressive.

Check behind on the river.

ZootMurph
11-15-2005, 02:15 PM
You have position, and you can't imagine you are ahead here OR that you will push BB off his hand, since he called a big raise on the flop. He just about HAS to call with any ace. So your raise on the flop bought you a free card... take it! On the river, you can call a small bet or check behind when you don't hit your flush. When you hit the flush, you will probably get bet at by the BB, and he may even call your raise. If you don't hit, you are probably going to see a small bet which will be callable... not more than the 200 you threw at the turn, most probably.

Rizen
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have position, and you can't imagine you are ahead here OR that you will push BB off his hand, since he called a big raise on the flop. He just about HAS to call with any ace. So your raise on the flop bought you a free card... take it! On the river, you can call a small bet or check behind when you don't hit your flush. When you hit the flush, you will probably get bet at by the BB, and he may even call your raise. If you don't hit, you are probably going to see a small bet which will be callable... not more than the 200 you threw at the turn, most probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Rizen