PDA

View Full Version : it's finally happening people...

Surfbullet
11-15-2005, 12:43 PM
There's mod discussion going on right now about the HUSH split (and other new forum proposals, a la Tstone's "open letter").

Mat Sklansky has said that we have to put together a definitive list of forum changes by the end of the day so it can be implemented ASAP.

Of course, if it doesn't happen immediately - don't kill the messenger /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surf

Lmn55d
11-15-2005, 12:45 PM
n/m

Escape
11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Finally, the quality of this forum is pretty low, with the exception of a couple gems. Hopefully the split will change that.

Wynton
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Promise me you'll visit us low-level grunts at least occasionally, after the split.

It's going to be lonely at the bottom. Sniffle, sniffle.

Chobohoya
11-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Sweeeeeeeet. Good work bro.

TStoneMBD
11-15-2005, 01:17 PM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9827/yay7zr.jpg

Drontier
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
surf is the best mod :P

11-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Surf-

I'm obviously a newbie on this board so here's a n00b question: Is the split going to be between shorthanded and HU, or high stakes/low stakes? Because if it's a high/lo split I just might move up to 10/20 in order to learn more /images/graemlins/grin.gif (this would be pretty stupid of course being that I was at 1/2 3 weeks ago.)

Surfbullet
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

I'm obviously a newbie on this board so here's a n00b question: Is the split going to be between shorthanded and HU, or high stakes/low stakes? Because if it's a high/lo split I just might move up to 10/20 in order to learn more /images/graemlins/grin.gif (this would be pretty stupid of course being that I was at 1/2 3 weeks ago.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now it looks like it's going to be like this:

2 limit HE forums:
Small-Stakes Shorthanded (SSSH)
Mid-High Shorthanded (MHSH)

and 1 for all game types:

Heads-Up + Threehanded (HU3 or HUT)

Surf

waffle
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
surf is the best mod :P

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for truth. his attitude and vast reserves of patience rule.

edit: i just realized .. i spend 90% of my time in hush so my judgement is biased /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wynton
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I also hear he brakes for animals in the street.

DMBFan23
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2planka
11-15-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

[/ QUOTE ]

Gene says:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/wormtowne/t1_keady.jpg

11-15-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope some of you highstakes players stay in lowstakes HUSH and offer us newbies advice sometimes.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ps. Whats midstakes? I play mainly 3/6 but if midstakes is 5/10 I might jump up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surfbullet
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
microlimits thru 5/10 will be in SSSH, and 10/20+ will be in MHSH.

Surf

lastsamurai
11-15-2005, 03:42 PM
i suggest you guys split OTT up into guys who got laid before and guys who never got laid before!

Danenania
11-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I'll believe it when I see it... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mmcd
11-15-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be too late to open this to discussion, but I think 3-handed is a lot closer to 4, 5, or 6-handed than it is to heads up, and the heads up forum should stand alone.

gildwulf
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
This is great news...as long as the mid-high people stoop down to talk to people 5/10 and below every once and a while:)

Wynton
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
microlimits thru 5/10 will be in SSSH, and 10/20+ will be in MHSH.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the new forums be commonly known as MUSH and SHUSH? If I have to endure a split, then at least make sure we get some disgustingly cutesy nicknames.

stigmata
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
, but I think 3-handed is a lot closer to 4, 5, or 6-handed than it is to heads up, and the heads up forum should stand alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point, and should be taken notice of.

jaxUp
11-15-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ps. Whats midstakes? I play mainly 3/6 but if midstakes is 5/10 I might jump up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they will still let you read (and even post) in the MHSH forum. I find you learn more from replying than posting hands anyways

Chobohoya
11-15-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also makes great chili.

TStoneMBD
11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
i proposed the forums as MHSH, SSSH and HUT. it would not longer be 'HUSH because its not heads up but only shorthanded.

11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they will still let you read (and even post) in the MHSH forum. I find you learn more from replying than posting hands anyways

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my experience also. I have learnt a lot more from just reading pretty much every thread and thinking about the hands than posting my own hands. Its less job too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif So I hope you MHUSH players tolerate responses from SHUSH players after the split. :/

Wynton
11-15-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i proposed the forums as MHSH, SSSH and HUT. it would not longer be 'HUSH because its not heads up but only shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget it. That's not cutesy at all. And it's impossible to pronounce MHSH. I'm going back to opposing the whole thing.

DMBFan23
11-15-2005, 05:03 PM
nominations for moderator of SSSH anyone? I assume Surf and Rob are gonna be chillin in MHSH.

Surfbullet
11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nominations for moderator of SSSH anyone? I assume Surf and Rob are gonna be chillin in MHSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie, a current ML moderator, has offered to take up the position. He's done a good job in ML and focuses on small-stakes 6max - apparently much of the ML discussion lately is SS 6max that doesn't get attention here b/c of the traffic.

Other suggestions?

Surf

DMBFan23
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
that is sweet

Guy McSucker
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
I think there should be a separate forum for each post.

Guy.

theghost
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM
The split is great news, as is the news the MrWookie will moderate SSSH.

ddubois
11-15-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
microlimits thru 5/10 will be in SSSH, and 10/20+ will be in MHSH

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that makes my decision to move up pretty easy.

DMBFan23
11-15-2005, 05:33 PM
watch out, 10/20 can also make your decision to move back DOWN pretty easy too.

best of luck dude

Spicymoose
11-15-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watch out, 10/20 can also make your decision to move back DOWN pretty easy too.

best of luck dude

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but this decision to split HUSH may have a giant effect on the poker sites. A bunch 2+2 fish will move up from their current 3/6 and 5/10 games where they are struggling to 10/20, thus making that game more profitable.

Think about it...

obsidian
11-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Struggling 2+2'ers are not the ones I am making the most money off of at 10/20.

car ramrod
11-15-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The split is great news, as is the news the MrWookie will moderate SSSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

ddubois
11-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I would think precisely zero 3/6 people, and an extremely few (non-struggling) 5/10 people, would move up to 10/20 due to a forum split.

But for me personally, I needed a nudge, and I'll use this to spur me on.

Schneids
11-15-2005, 08:21 PM
<------ willing to be mod, preferably MHSH

waffle
11-15-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i know my post sounded like a lame brown nose attempt, but it wasn't an attempt to get in anyone's good graces. it's just that the idea of crafting a well-written response to some of the retarded crap that gets posted is so foreign to me it's noteworthy. it's so much easier to just reply stfu or not reply at all.

Wynton
11-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Waffle,

Your post didn't sound lame at all. I was just in the mood to be irreverant and obnoxious. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sthief09
11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we know, you already posted a poll asking who thought you should be one

jason_t
11-15-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i suggest you guys split OTT up into guys who got laid before and guys who never got laid before!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a good distinction if nearly all the members would fall into one category.

PokerBob
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we know, you already posted a poll asking who thought you should be one

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I dont get why if you only have two forums want to call it MHSH. Why not only H?

numeri
11-15-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie, a current ML moderator, has offered to take up the position. He's done a good job in ML and focuses on small-stakes 6max - apparently much of the ML discussion lately is SS 6max that doesn't get attention here b/c of the traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Wookie is good.

And we have been spending a lot of time discussing 6-max in ML lately. Hopefully this will help. It may take quite a few posters away from the Micros, actually.

TStoneMBD
11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
the idea is that the new hush will be midhighstakes shorthanded of 10/20+. its not highstakes shorthanded. that is why it would be called MHSS.

11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Wookie is good.

And we have been spending a lot of time discussing 6-max in ML lately. Hopefully this will help. It may take quite a few posters away from the Micros, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, I will definately change my main forum. I guess a lot of others will too since around 50% play 6max in the micros. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-15-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the idea is that the new hush will be midhighstakes shorthanded of 10/20+. its not highstakes shorthanded. that is why it would be called MHSS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then call it 10/20 6max+ or something. Or is mid and high names that everybody use? If the reason is, to be comparable to the fullring forums it should be 30/60+? So I see no real reason to have the name midhigh. Why not just split it into high and low? Or does that just sound bad?(English isnt my first language as you have probably noticed) I guess it doesnt matter though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
for full-ring limit we have a 'mid-high forum'.
it just works that way.

to many players it would be ridiculous to refer to 10/20 as 'hi-stakes' because it simply isn't.

I have no idea why someone would change their game to switch forums.

I play 5/10 now...have played quite a bit of 10/20 as well...but my drive to get back to 10/20 would not be influenced in the least by any desire to post my hands in the higher forum.
although i will read the higher forum because I want to continue to learn on that level.

I previously suggested that 5/10 should be 'mid SS' and that 3/6 should be 'low'.

I actually think 5/10 is more similar to 10/20 than it is to 3/6.
But not many people agreed with me and I'm cool with 5/10 still being in the 'kiddie-pool' in 2+2.

I'm also fine with 3-handed being in HUT.
One concern is that there won't be as much discussion in that forum...so we can partly alleviate that concern by allowing 3-handed discussion also.
If we decide it doesn't work we can switch it up and then say 'HU forum is exclusively HU now...no more 3-handed there'.

I also think it should be okay to cross-over a post to the mid or low stakes SH forum for a 3-player hand if that's the player's preference (say a 100/200 player or a .25/.50 player prefers to receive the input on his respective forum on a given hand and doesn't want to bring it to HUT...no reason why he should have to imo).

Also - I fully support Wynton's drive to call them MUSH and SHUSH and I believe this is the most important aspect of this discussion.

krishanleong
11-15-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Krishan

TheMetetron
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Don't you play $5/10?

Not that I care, but I thought that's what I remember you posting a hand of earlier.

Klepton
11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
nice work, i'm really excited about the HU and three handed forum.

TheMetetron
11-15-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice work, i'm really excited about the HU and three handed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded. I fear it's either going to make my opposition much better or show me that I've been playing like a complete douche HU. Neither is particularly appealing.

Klepton
11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
just for reference, i will be calling MHSH "Moozh"

i hope everyone does the same.

uw_madtown
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.

gildwulf
11-15-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Surfbullet as SSSH mod, Krishan as MHSH and Schneids as HU3 mod would rule...

zephed
11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you remove the 3-handed from the HU forum, that would be better I think.

Chobohoya
11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Surfbullet as SSSH mod, Krishan as MHSH and Schneids as HU3 mod would rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

This sort of supposes that they would all need the same level of moderation. I see that working out better with Surf and Krishan as mods in MHSH (muzh), Schneids in HU (basically never having to "moderate") and Wookie+ whomever in SSSH(shhhhhhhhhhhhhh). Someone above said "doesn't Surf play 5/10" hasn't been around lately /images/graemlins/frown.gif I haven't seen a post of his below 15/30 in a while /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I may be better qualified as an SSSH mod b/c of my patience, I pretty much play 15/30 at this point and the 10/20 has been my regular game for about 7 months now.

I wont spend very much time in SSSH compared to MHSH, so it seems a bit silly to have me be a moderator of a forum other than my main forum. I've offered to cover for the all the new SH forums until mods are chosen FWIW.

Surf

krishanleong
11-16-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I may be better qualified as an SSSH mod b/c of my patience, I pretty much play 15/30 at this point and the 10/20 has been my regular game for about 8 months now.

I wont spend very much time in SSSH compared to MHSH, so it seems a bit silly to have me be a moderator of a forum other than my main forum. I've offered to cover for the all the new SH forums until mods are chosen FWIW.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf is one hell of a mod and I hope he works in MHSH simply because I'll be able to admire his work on a more regular basis. I think MHSH makes sense for me also. I think new blood will be fine for SSSH.

Krishan

sfer
11-16-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.

[/ QUOTE ]

For both. And Entity.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Surf is one hell of a mod and I hope he works in MHSH simply because I'll be able to admire his work on a more regular basis. I think MHSH makes sense for me also. I think new blood will be fine for SSSH.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the vote of confidence Krishan.

The problem of sorts is that there are so many qualified posters - Josh., Yourself, Schneids, TstoneMBD, and others would be excellent candidates for a MHSH mod... the other side of the coin is that MHSH will likely need even less moderation than HUSH in its current form.

Surf

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 12:35 AM
i appreciate the compliment surf but i do have to admit that out of the list youve assembled i am at the bottom of it and rightfully so. i would love to be a moderator but i have a history of telling people off when i feel they deserve it and i know thats not a quality that twoplustwo is looking for in moderators. at the same time however i would never abuse my moderator powers because even though i have a tendency to be vindictive i believe in the importance of integrity and honestly, i ultimately want whats best for the development of the twoplustwo community. vote for me.

TheMetetron
11-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Okay, I'm a tard. I knew you played 10/20 for a while now, but I swear I saw you post a 5/10 hand and thought you might've stepped down.

Apparently, this all occurred in my imagination. Just ignore me in the future, it will make life easier for everyone.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm a tard. I knew you played 10/20 for a while now, but I swear I saw you post a 5/10 hand and thought you might've stepped down.

Apparently, this all occurred in my imagination. Just ignore me in the future, it will make life easier for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries bro /images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually did the exact same thing like 6 months ago, but with Entity. I could have sworn I saw him posting 5/10 hands but he had been at 10/20 for awhile by the time I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also - I fully support Wynton's drive to call them MUSH and SHUSH and I believe this is the most important aspect of this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the most important point of the thread! How do we want to name our forums? MUSH + SHUSH? LUSH and HHUSH? MLSSHUSH and MSHSHUSH? Okay those last 2 wont work but seriously, I want my fun acronyms!

Surf

flawless_victory
11-16-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i agree.
why would 3handed be grouped into the HU forum?
seems stupid.

jason_t
11-16-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.. If this doesn't happen I will seriously go on a 3-betting spree.

uw_madtown
11-16-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Josh.. If this doesn't happen I will seriously go on a 7-betting spree.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the moderators having to be regulars at the game of the forum they're moderating, that obviously makes sense (not many people want to moderate a forum that they wouldn't read on a daily basis otherwise). But given the way HUSH is now, are there any low limit 6m regulars who are considered known quantities as posters?*

It may be a good idea to just have two higher limit, long-time posters moderate it for a bit, and work in moderators as the new low limit forum establishes itself.

* I suppose given the divide is 5/10 and lower there might be more than I initially thought.

PS: I vote of SSSH and MHSH, pronounced "sssh" and "mush."

sthief09
11-16-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.. If this doesn't happen I will seriously go on a 3-betting spree.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a brat, but considering I predominantly play 20/40 and 30/60 wouldn't being mid high make more sense?

I'd be happy with either though. I see it as a sign of respect, and to me, respect is everything

also my girlfriend calls me mush so that works

jason_t
11-16-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of your big ass?

2+2 wannabe
11-16-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: I vote of SSSH and MHSH, pronounced "sssh" and "mush."

[/ QUOTE ]

stinkypete
11-16-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's been said before and it should be said again. 3-handed should not be grouped with heads up. 3-handed is closer to 6-handed than to heads up.

Wynton
11-16-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the most important point of the thread! How do we want to name our forums? MUSH + SHUSH? LUSH and HHUSH? MLSSHUSH and MSHSHUSH? Okay those last 2 wont work but seriously, I want my fun acronyms!

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked, shocked that anyone would disagree with my MUSH and SHUSH suggestions. Not only are these pronounceable and readily understood, they're also double-entendres (sort of).

Think about it. Don't low-level hushers often deserve to be "shushed"? And isn't much of the mid-level HUSH discussion nothing more than "mush"?

Side note: if there ever is a pot-limit, high-level short-handed forum, that will obviously need to be called "PLUSH."

Alobar
11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-16-2005, 10:33 AM
What would "MUSH" stand for?

Also, if there's going to be a HUT (heads-up/three-handed), that would even make HUSH obsolete, no? Then, we'd just be SH.

(Lo)SH, (Hi)SH and HUT.

EDIT: OR....

(Sma)SH, (La)SH and HUT.

sthief09
11-16-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of your big ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

close

wheelz
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Surf-

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limit HE forums:

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i agree.
why would 3handed be grouped into the HU forum?
seems stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chobohoya
11-16-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What would "MUSH" stand for?

Also, if there's going to be a HUT (heads-up/three-handed), that would even make HUSH obsolete, no? Then, we'd just be SH.

(Lo)SH, (Hi)SH and HUT.

EDIT: OR....

(Sma)SH, (La)SH and HUT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the way it works best is to LSSH/SSSH and MHSH. Lush/shhh and Mush. I like it. We could be Lushes and Mushers.

sfer
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of your big ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

close

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess it's because of your limp dong.

Jeff W
11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But given the way HUSH is now, are there any low limit 6m regulars who are considered known quantities as posters?*

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 6-max is low stakes, right? If so, cartman, Stellarwind and Michael Davis would all fit the bill. I don't know if any of them are interested in being moderator.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's been said before and it should be said again. 3-handed should not be grouped with heads up. 3-handed is closer to 6-handed than to heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a moot point for the time being, as a HU/3 forum isn't being created at the moment. If more HU traffic is seen in the new HUSH forums then it will be considered in the future.

While 3handed is closer to 6max than HU it was grouped together for volume purposes - and because most 6maxers have very little 2 or 3 handed experience and it seemed a good starting point.

This is an important observation though and whether it impacts the possible creation of a HU forum remains to be seen.

The current pending changes are:

HUSH becomes SHUSH and MUSH

the 3 limit forums become:
Microlimits
Small Stakes
Mid stakes (8/16-15/30)
Higher stakes (20/40+)

Also, a "Beats, Brags, and Variance" forum where all rush/downswing/graphs/etc will be moved to from strategy forums so they can have somewhere to be seen and discussed and not clutter strategy forums.

A "Forum Suggestions" forum is likely being made as well.

Surf

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
imo, the problem with picking "name" small stakes players to moderate the small stakes hush is that these good players are eventually going to move up and wont be playing at that level anymore. to remedy this problem i think you should be picking players who like contributing to the small stakes forums even if they play at higher limits. you dont want the 5/10 players youve mentioned to eventually move up and no longer have an interest in small stakes forcing them to either post there because theyve been mandated to or have them abandon the forum altogether.

Jeff W
11-16-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a "Beats, Brags, and Variance" forum where all rush/downswing/graphs/etc will be moved to from strategy forums so they can have somewhere to be seen and discussed and not clutter strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Beats, Brags, and Variance" "forum" should be a 3-picture rotation of lemon party, goatse and tubgirl with the overlaid text "Stop posting your [censored] bad beats, newb. No one cares."

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 12:54 PM
im thinking it will be a good way for us to build post counts. we can create preformatted responses and just post them in the threads. here are some for starters:

"sorry to hear that this happened. dont worry itll all turn around shortly."

"yah thats tough to deal with. everyone goes through these things sometimes though itll all work out."

"wow thats terrible. i cant believe he chased you down with that."

Wynton
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is a change I can wholeheartedly endorse. In fact, I think this change alone might clear out so much clutter as to make the other changes much less necessary.

Could this section also encompass threads that ask people to review their stats?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Could this section also encompass threads that ask people to review their stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the consensus from HUSH regulars it can be put it the sticky that stats posts will be moved there as well, and I will gladly enforce this.

Surf

brazilio
11-16-2005, 01:54 PM
The only reason I haven't been posting HU and 3-handed posts is because there appears to be absolute zero traffic and discussion about HU play. Those are at least half of the games I play, but HUSH seems to be almost 90% about party, and about 6-max. I don't know who made the decision to not make the HU/3-handed forum, but I think it sucks. Personally also, I think like you said, grouping 3-handed and HU together for traffic purposes is good because 3-handed is probably as different from 6-max as it is from HU.

Also a big problem with posting HU hands is that it essentially requires I post the entire session, and typing all that [censored] out takes me forever.

11-16-2005, 02:20 PM
split and it's not close.

DMBFan23
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
split and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you planning on a name change?

11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
omg gay

DMBFan23
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
clearly, gay. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daveymck
11-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Will the HU be for limit only? I have been playing a few HU NL sng's and want somewhere to post will the new HU be the place for this?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will the HU be for limit only? I have been playing a few HU NL sng's and want somewhere to post will the new HU be the place for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The immediate changes will not include a HU forum - see my revised list of changes in the end of this thread.

Hopefully there will be a significant amount of HU discussion in the 2 new HUSH forums, and as a result we can lobby for a HU forum in the not-too-distant future.

Surf

Danenania
11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Surf, any idea of a timeframe on these changes?

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surf, any idea of a timeframe on these changes?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding, Chuck's working on them today... he had us(the mods + Mat) finalize a list of forum changes by last night so he could start on them today-tommorow. i'm not sure how long it takes to do this stuff, he may have to make the changes first offline and wait until a server update in the middle of the night to switch everything over, what with archiving all current topics etc.

Surf

EvanJC
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
crying indian should be in the rotation as well

sthief09
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But given the way HUSH is now, are there any low limit 6m regulars who are considered known quantities as posters?*

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 6-max is low stakes, right? If so, cartman, Stellarwind and Michael Davis would all fit the bill. I don't know if any of them are interested in being moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I'd like to share the news that LMD has silently quit 2p2 but I'm the only one who knows so far

B00T
11-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I bet with 2 forums, there will be even more posts than before.

I know I dont post hands or even respond to other posts because god forbid if I am away from the computer for 5 hrs, I cant find my post, or even follow up to a discussion in a thread.

It's not so much that the signal to noise ratio is bad, there is just way too much stuff goin on at once. Each section would feel a little homlier and I think would encourage people to post more.

Good luck with the split.

sthief09
11-16-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg gay

[/ QUOTE ]

I JUST FIGURED OUT WHO YOU ARE

sthief09
11-16-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg gay

[/ QUOTE ]

and you better hurry up before I take AggroMUSHPoster /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg gay

[/ QUOTE ]

and you better hurry up before I take AggroMUSHPoster /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me it's soiler...

Surf

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
hi boot, you can view your own posts through this link:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosear...&fromprof=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=0&Forum=All_Forums&Name=10913&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&&fromsearch=1&fromprof=1)

i recommend you bookmark that page to follow up to your own posts as i do this myself.

oreogod
11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I haven't been posting HU and 3-handed posts is because there appears to be absolute zero traffic and discussion about HU play. Those are at least half of the games I play, but HUSH seems to be almost 90% about party, and about 6-max. I don't know who made the decision to not make the HU/3-handed forum, but I think it sucks. Personally also, I think like you said, grouping 3-handed and HU together for traffic purposes is good because 3-handed is probably as different from 6-max as it is from HU.

Also a big problem with posting HU hands is that it essentially requires I post the entire session, and typing all that [censored] out takes me forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why a HU forum would really benefit a certain amount of ppl that really want to push forward in this area. Id imagine a lot of the top posters would frequent the HU forum more so than any other. (well that and High stakes Hush or whatever the other split will be)

sthief09
11-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg gay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me it's soiler...

[/ QUOTE ]

since HUSH is splitting anyway, I might as well out him. I think it's gotta be soiler

oreogod
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosear...&fromprof=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=0&Forum=All_Forums&Name=10913&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&&fromsearch=1&fromprof=1)

i recommend you bookmark that page to follow up to your own posts as i do this myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this to. Really suprised there is not an easier way to get to a page of your own posts.

oreogod
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Ah no HU forum, clearly gay. Thats the only reason I cared about the split. Thats so lame.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah no HU forum, clearly gay. Thats the only reason I cared about the split. Thats so lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a consideration for the future, Mat + Chuck are taking things one step at a time. There's also new forum software being decided as well so things may change significantly when that happens.

Surf

oreogod
11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a consideration for the future, Mat + Chuck are taking things one step at a time. There's also new forum software being decided as well so things may change significantly when that happens.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious, I keep hearing about this new software thing. Is there much better alternatives (with more features, stablilitly?) or do they just want a new look, what? I dont really know anything about forums or how they operate, I was just curious.

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
i really doubt its him. he has a bet with other posters that he wont post on twoplustwo for a month or something like that. unless hes cheating its not him.

also on aim it said:

[nlsoldier] signed off at 12:59:09 PM.
[nlsoldier] signed on at 2:05:25 PM.
[nlsoldier] is away at 2:06:40 PM.
[nlsoldier] signed off at 3:14:17 PM.

his post is dated at 1:20pm and 1:27pm.

Surfbullet
11-16-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Im curious, I keep hearing about this new software thing. Is there much better alternatives (with more features, stablilitly?) or do they just want a new look, what? I dont really know anything about forums or how they operate, I was just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better response time, increased stability, and more features are the main motivating factors. It's clumsy as others have noted to try and track your posts in the current form - and many features are outdated or were useless/unused from the beginning, like post ratings.

Surf

MrWookie47
11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Making a HU forum is a real possibility, but the decision was to go with a moderate level of changes to start, and then add more if there's demand. If you want a HU forum, I'd encourage you (and anyone interested) to start posting and replying to more HU content. The people making the decisions were skeptical about the amount of traffic it'd receive. Demonstrate that there'll be sufficient traffic by making good HU posts, and it'll happen.

sthief09
11-16-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i really doubt its him. he has a bet with other posters that he wont post on twoplustwo for a month or something like that. unless hes cheating its not him.

also on aim it said:

[nlsoldier] signed off at 12:59:09 PM.
[nlsoldier] signed on at 2:05:25 PM.
[nlsoldier] is away at 2:06:40 PM.
[nlsoldier] signed off at 3:14:17 PM.

his post is dated at 1:20pm and 1:27pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

who else do you know says "omg gay"

B00T
11-16-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip,,, saved.

Reqtech
11-16-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other suggestions?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I second Wook's nomination for himself. He's done one helluva job on ML short handed stuff.

MAxx
11-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I nominate AggroHUSHposter for MHSH Moderator.

imported_stealthcow
11-16-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I'd like to share the news that LMD has silently quit 2p2 but I'm the only one who knows so far

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks, as he was a really good poster

stealthcow-

sthief09
11-16-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I nominate AggroHUSHposter for MHSH Moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. he is at least as good as commodus

Victor
11-16-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks, as he was a really good poster

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

josh, did he give any reasons?

TStoneMBD
11-16-2005, 08:55 PM
last time i saw LMD he was threatening to reveal commodus' true identity because he changed his title to something offensive. i dont know if that had anything to do with it.

mmcd
11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Making a HU forum is a real possibility, but the decision was to go with a moderate level of changes to start, and then add more if there's demand. If you want a HU forum, I'd encourage you (and anyone interested) to start posting and replying to more HU content. The people making the decisions were skeptical about the amount of traffic it'd receive. Demonstrate that there'll be sufficient traffic by making good HU posts, and it'll happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you build it, they will come.

BTW, the probability, home poker, and other gambling forums aren't exactly abuzz with activity, so I don't see why an expectation of high traffic is a prerequesite. Does each additional link on the left of my screen add to 2+2's overhead or something?

I'm no internet expert, but it seems to me it would be easier to just create a H/U forum along with the other changes rather than wait and maybe do a second set of changes later.

jason_t
11-16-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
last time i saw LMD he was threatening to reveal commodus' true identity because he changed his title to something offensive. i dont know if that had anything to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't.

bottomset
11-17-2005, 01:01 AM
I'd like to be mod of the SSSH

TomBrooks
11-17-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While 3handed is closer to 6max than HU it was grouped together for volume purposes - and because most 6maxers have very little 2 or 3 handed experience and it seemed a good starting point.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is correct, and while 3 handed may not be quite like HU, it is substantially different from 5 or 6 max also. So instead of making a seperate forum for 3 handed or say 3-4 handed, putting it in with HU makes sense to me. It will be easier to see those posts in a HU forum than it would be in a 6max forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, a "Beats, Brags, and Variance" forum where all rush/downswing/graphs/etc will be moved to from strategy forums so they can have somewhere to be seen and discussed

[/ QUOTE ]
Capital idea. I think these kinds of threads deserve a place where the cynics and insensitive macho-wannabe posers won't have to be tolerated. And lumping them into a single thread like is done now in Microlimits is only marginally better than useless, as noone can actually distinguish any particular post or get any kind of reasonable discussion going about a particular post. Now people that don't want to see them won't have anything to complain about, and people who do want to write and read them can do so in peace. My prediction: it will be a popular forum.

[ QUOTE ]
A "Forum Suggestions" forum is likely being made as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, why not.

ArturiusX
11-17-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You play short? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wheelz
11-17-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you build it, they will come.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, every time a HU forum is mentioned you see posts about how people would like to post HU hands but don't feel like they'll get any responses in the shorthanded forum. so they don't post them. i feel the same way, and i'm postitive that if there was a HU forum there would be more activity there than at a lot of the other forums. i was looking forward to the HU forum, even though it was grouped with 3 handed. i guess they thought that way there'd be enough activity to justify a new forum... if every post mentioned whether it was from HU or 3 handed play in the title, there wouldn't really be much of a difference anyways. but i guess now we just have to start posting HU hands in the new shorthanded forums and hope people take notice?

daveymck
11-17-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its a chicken and egg but its hard to find/know where to put HU posts, there seems little discussion in the current HUSH or not without looking through loads of posts, there is basically none in the 1 tble sng's, plush hush tends to be limit. I think a HU subforum for all the HU forms would generate more and better discussion even if it isnt high volume.

Hopefully we are more interested in quality than amount of content.

uw_madtown
11-19-2005, 01:22 AM
3 days and counting.

Who wants to put out an over/under on this? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

istewart
11-19-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 days and counting.

Who wants to put out an over/under on this? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bottomset
11-19-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You play short? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yep almost exclusively, 3/6, 5/10

TheMetetron
11-21-2005, 05:42 AM
A week and counting...

Surfbullet
11-21-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A week and counting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat + Chuck it seems went out of town shortly after my (now apparently premature) announcement. Hopefully it's back on the front burner at this point.

Thanks for your patience.

Surf