PDA

View Full Version : 67s - TP + oesd

schwza
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t1030)
BB (t920)
UTG (t975)
UTG+1 (t890)
UTG+2 (t1175)
MP1 (t925)
Hero (t955)
MP3 (t1020)
CO (t1185)
Button (t925)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t55</font>, MP1 calls t55, hero?

Sam T.
11-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I realize it's pretty much playing your cards face up, but I would probably shove here. With short stacks a raise other than all-in is tough - you pop it to 200, and get a call, what do you do you don't improve on the turn? I think that the FE + your outs (anywhere from 8 to 13) make this +EV. But I could be wrong.

11-15-2005, 12:53 PM
I agree, you have both players covered in chips and you are betting a draw. I would take the pot with a push ... maybee call and push on the turn but I would be afraid of an A K or Q on the turn.

11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't mind pushing or just calling there, an argument can be made for both. If you call, your 7 might not be an out for you (if someone sticks around with the fools end of the straight) and an over could take the hand away from you. If you push, any overpair is going to call you, as well as TPTK. If an overpair calls, you have 13 outs, if TPTK calls you have 11 outs. Lastly, if someone has a set there, you have 8 outs.

If you reraise there a decent amount to thin out the crowd, be prepared to push on the turn, or check behind if its a scary overcard.

So none of your options are bad at this point, just a pick of personal preference.

11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
What could UTG possibly be betting with here. A medium pair? 88-TT? Or just a marginal hand trying to take it down now? I'm thinking the latest but the first one isn't impossible. I'm actually leaning towards that now. 88-TT. Ok, I would make it 200 to go and if he pushes it's most definately 88-TT (Don't think he would limp with other PP's here. Except lower ones) and i'm beat. But my outs are good so it would take my whole time bank.

I'd make it 200 and work from there. If he just call I'll push any non scary turn. QJT = non scary. K? KQ or KJ? Maybe.

11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Are we all looking at the same hand? I can't believe you guys are advocating a straight up push.

The thing is, if you're ahead now, you'll usually stay ahead on the turn. I call and reevaluate on turn. Hands you beat, and even a couple you don't, will slow down on the turn. (Note: you're not ahead of UTG often, but with your position, you can probably take him off of a lot of marginal hands that beat yours)

[ QUOTE ]
maybee call and push on the turn but I would be afraid of an A K or Q on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want an overcard to come, so I can find out more about my opponents hands. If a Q comes and UTG makes a weak bet, while MP1 flatcalls, then UTG probably has something 77, 88, A6, 67, 68 while MP1 is on a draw or has 7-8, though experienced players wouldn't flatcall with 7-8 on the turn like MP1. You can raise right here if it plays out this way. If you get checked to, your opponents are asking you to take the pot, and I'd bet. If UTG checks and MP1 bets, I'd be cautious. If UTG or MP1 makes a big bet, I fold. Note that no one is really going to bluff you out of this pot with a worse hand than 6-7.

Edit: I think a flop raise is bad, unless you think you're ahead of UTG. A flop call and turn raise/bet will get UTG off more hands than a flop raise IMHO.

Sam T.
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Yah, I think I changed my mind. Call and see what happens on the turn.