PDA

View Full Version : Removing old PT databases (old stats)

krishanleong
11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
I was going to do this. I have 9 databases loaded currently to work with PokerAce. I brought up 4 10/20 tables and loaded each database individually with PokerAce. Even the earliest data from Jan-Mar of this year had hands on players playing this morning. I was amazed. The stats also stayed similiar from database to database.

So, moral of this story is you should never clean out your databases. (At least not until PA runs very slowly)

Krishan

stigmata
11-15-2005, 12:04 PM
My computer is a couple of years old but OK, 1.8 GHz I think. However, PA seems to really struggle with all the databases. I usually just have it reading from the last couple of months. Even then, with PP, PT and PA my computer can start running slow. The PA stats are sometimes missing from a single table or something.

Might be that my hard drive is almost full, I need to buy an external hard drive, perhaps putting all the databases on there will help?

Sorry to thread hijack, Any ideas?

ANyway, interesting to know that 8-month old stats are still useful.

krishanleong
11-15-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My computer is a couple of years old but OK, 1.8 GHz I think. However, PA seems to really struggle with all the databases. I usually just have it reading from the last couple of months. Even then, with PP, PT and PA my computer can start running slow. The PA stats are sometimes missing from a single table or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh put out a slow version (1.0 I think). He rebuilt it with a lot of help testing and improved performance greatly. I'd at least make sure you have the latest version.

Krishan

stigmata
11-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Yep, latest version....

Trix
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
meh, people change over time.

krishanleong
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all well and good to say that. But I just looked at stats from January and stats from September and everyone looked pretty much the same statswise. I would be worried if 60/20s turned into 20/16s but they didn't.

Krishan

IGMorton
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
are you talking about multiple databases at the same level? i seperate for different levels. i notice that many players like myslef play differently at lower levels.

krishanleong
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you talking about multiple databases at the same level? i seperate for different levels. i notice that many players like myslef play differently at lower levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I load up all my 5-10 and 10-20 databases. Some data I think is always better than no data.

Krishan

TStoneMBD
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
yah ive noticed this, i use about 7 databases while playing but it causes pokerace to go very slowly. is there a way to combine the databases into 1 pokertracker database allowing pokerace to run much faster?

7ontheline
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, the people I make money off don't. However, I can think of one player who went from being a super-loose-passive fish at 5/10 to being a super-loose-AGGRO fish at 10/20. It was interesting - took me a couple of minutes to catch on before I stopped folding to his raises.