PDA

View Full Version : Rate this play ...

MikeyEdge
11-15-2005, 10:40 AM
10 person home tournament. It was still the first round of blinds, 25-50. Most people had about 2500 in chips or more. I had 1200 before this hand.

I get a 6-6 UTG. I limp in for 50. UTG+1 makes it 100 because he doesn't want to make change. New Guy makes it 300 to go. Old man calls, he could have anything including 2-7s. Another decent player calls, I put him on some kind of suit connector, he would have raised with anything better. SB ponders a call/all-in for a minute or so. He finally calls, I think he has something like a K-J. BB folds. Then its back to me. Do you fold this hand right now? I don't think calling is an option with this many players and my chip stack. I felt the only player with a strong hand was the New Guy, I put him on an AK. So I felt that left a lot of dead money in the pot if I were to move all-in. I have 1150 left after limping and there is now 1700 in the pot.

I make the move and push all-in. All fold except the New Guy who turns over his AK. He hits the K on the flop and I'm done. I felt good about the play even though the results didn't work out. Any thoughts?

11-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I'd fold without hesitation. It's always nice to put someone else on AK when you hold a small pair - it's the only hand he would reraise with that you beat (maybe AQs, sure).

se2schul
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
It's very hard to make any recommendations without knowing how often the blinds are raised and what the payout structure is. All we know is you have 24 BBs and are contemplating pushing into lots or people with a small PP.

We really need more info to offer advice. I'd also suggest that AK is way too narrow a hand range to put the new guy on. Why can't he have 77-99 or AQ or KQ or something else?

MikeyEdge
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
[quote Why can't he have 77-99 or AQ or KQ or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. But, I didn't think he would raise as much with a small pair or KQ and I thought he would try to slowplay something like AA or KK. Just a feeling from knowing the type of player.

The blinds go up every 25 minutes. We were in the first round, and they were about to change in 2 minutes.

The buy-in was $20. First pays $160, second pays $40. 10 players.

junkmail3
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
First of all, I rate this play a blue star.

[ QUOTE ]
I have 1150 left after limping and there is now 1700 in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, there are something like 5 people in the pot. You're one away from closing the action. You have to put 250 into what will be a 2400 pot to see the flop, and if you hit a set, you'll likely stack someone.

I would call.

citanul
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
I rate this play a RQ+!=

c

se2schul
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The buy-in was $20. First pays $160, second pays $40. 10 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

With that payout structure, it is correct to gamble for first. I'm just not sure that this is the right time. With 24 BBs you have time to find a better spot.

Good read on the new guy.

tigerite
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I vote it a LOB.

Hellmouth
11-15-2005, 01:39 PM
You have to call if you can close the action. 66 makes money multiway. You are limiting yourself to a coinflip by going all in. (this limits your payoff) But if you see this flop 6 way and hit a 6 you push and get paid bigtime by at least one other player.

Call to see the flop.

Greg