PDA

View Full Version : CV / Resume ?

Vavavoom
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
I work for a Bond Brokers in the city in London and have done for over 2 years now...I've been put forward for a job in a Bank.

The job will be to be a Traders Assistant...but basically its the stepping stone to making serious cash.....

However, I have been asked to put together my CV to give to this trader...I have not met him, but my boss is good friends with him hence why my name has been put in the frame....

Any good advice on how to pad out a CV ? Or Websites that will help ?

Thanks

daveymck
11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
I wouldnt worry about padding it out, you dont want it too long anyway, I just list each job and have bullet points of the main roles I did in each job. I also have a little summary paragraph at the beginning that fully details my experience which is the bit I generally tweak dependant on the role I am going for.

Just keep it short and concise so he knows at a glance you can do the job you are going for, and highlights the things he and you would flesh out in an interview.

Decent start guide here is ITrelated but still worth a read. (http://www.contractoruk.com/first_timers/write_good_cv.html)

Vavavoom
11-15-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess just getting my information across is the most important factor...

I've got past the harder part (Which is getting the relevant person to actually read it), and by being put in the frame from a friend of the trader, I have a sort of headstart...

Thanks for link Daveymck