PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this right?

thatpkrguy
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
$1/2 OPL

Hero SB with $164
BB $70
MP1 $70
Button $120

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Lots of of preflop limpers for 1 and having horrible position I only call the .50 to even up.

Then BB raises it up to $14
MP1 calls
Button calls
Hero calls.

Flop is: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot=$60ish

Hero checks;
BB pushes all in for about 55
MP1 calls and is all in
Button calls and still has 50 behind him
Hero folds...

There was 200 in pot and it was 50 for me to call giving me 4 to 1 odds to make the str8 on the turn with only 6 outs i need 6.7 to 1 to make the call.

But, with 2 of the players already all in and the last player with only 50 left behind him AND he didn't reraise i'm guessing i probably could have freerolled the river card if he misses on turn giving me 3.2 to 1 odds in making my nut straight.

I put BB on KK and was right...
I put MP1 on Flush draw and was right...
Now heres the iffy part...i put the button on a flush draw as well(been sitting this table for over an hr and have pretty good reads on the players)...since i put him on the flush as well should i have called being that MP1 and Button are counterfitting 2 of each others outs?

Hand id : 4914907-13136
Board cards : Kh Js 2h 8c Qd

RollinOne ....... 8s 9d 5h Td

Tilt
11-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Its an easy fold I think. Playing wraps with flush draws on board in multiways is a bd habit. Even if you make the nuts here you have a very good chance of splitting.

11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Lets assume all your reads are correct. Best case, you are up against top set with no redraw, nut flush draw with none of your straigtening cards other than the A and what one can only assume is the Q high flush draw with none of your outs (which would be highly unlikely). In that case, you have about 20% equity.

In a more likely scenario, where the button has flush and straight outs, you are down to 10% equity or so.

It is quite possible that in this scenario you only have 1 or 2 outs that would scoop the pot for you. This is not an entertaining prospect.

11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I think this fold is easy as well. Too little outs to make this call. FD and Set, u have essentially no outs left to make this call.