PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn! Full tables suck so much

Noodles
11-15-2005, 07:09 AM
ive been getting hammered at SH for a while now (due to being f-ing rivered all the time of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif)
decided to go back to full games,been playing 15 mins so far and it feels like 15 hours,torture! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stigmata
11-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Play more tables!!!

I have come full circle on this matter -- I now think that full ring is totally under-rated....

Nietzsche
11-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah, full tables suck. Too many monsters at showdown and I'm surprised every single time.

Emperor
11-15-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Play more tables!!!

I have come full circle on this matter -- I now think that full ring is totally under-rated....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

I am a winner at 5/10, and probably 10/20 full (sample size), but could never break into the 15/30.

I recently started playing 1/2 6m to clear bonuses faster, and to practice my HUSH skills. I feel overwhelmed.

I am considering going back to full games, please give me a reason.

Noodles
11-15-2005, 07:42 AM
damn it is not helping,loosing as usual.
ever get the feeling you will never win another session no matter waht you do?
maybe if i just move back to one 1/2$ full table??

stigmata
11-15-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what I am getting at is....

I moved to SH about 150k hands back and didn't look back. More hands per/hr, worse players, larger winrate, improve your game, etc. etc. About 50k hands back I started mixing full ring back in. I found that after my journey into 6-max, my full ring game hade improved enormously.

I find full table a nice contrast to SH - it's a bit more relaxed and straightfoward. Depends what mood I am. Also, I can fit the same number of hands in per/hour by simply playing more tables. I think my overall winrate is probably slighly lower at a full table, but not that much worse. If you excise good table selection, you can find some good tables at the mid limits, but you probably need better table selection than at 6-max.

You should probably stick with 6-max for now, until you are comfy with the mid-limit 6-max games. Then go back to full ring and notice how much better you play in position and in blind steal/defence situations.

waffle
11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, full tables suck. Too many monsters at showdown and I'm surprised every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I'm kind of a full table lag. I'll raise PF, get coldcalled somewhere by a guy who makes a play at the pot on a later street. So I think "[censored] floaters" and play back at him - and he'll always have a hand like JJ or something in full ring.

Noodles
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
some of the players are amazingly loose,if you hit something nice you can clean up.(stil waiting for a nice hand though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )
I havent played full for over a year but it is definetly a lot more agressive

derick
11-15-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what I am getting at is....

I moved to SH about 150k hands back and didn't look back. More hands per/hr, worse players, larger winrate, improve your game, etc. etc. About 50k hands back I started mixing full ring back in. I found that after my journey into 6-max, my full ring game hade improved enormously.

I find full table a nice contrast to SH - it's a bit more relaxed and straightfoward. Depends what mood I am. Also, I can fit the same number of hands in per/hour by simply playing more tables. I think my overall winrate is probably slighly lower at a full table, but not that much worse. If you excise good table selection, you can find some good tables at the mid limits, but you probably need better table selection than at 6-max.

You should probably stick with 6-max for now, until you are comfy with the mid-limit 6-max games. Then go back to full ring and notice how much better you play in position and in blind steal/defence situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this post.

I'm a full ring player. I've been playing 3/6 600NL full ring and I'm trying to learn 6 max.

I stink at 6 max.

I play poorly from the big blind.
I'm a 18/9 VP$IP/PFR.

I dropped down to 6 max 200NL to learn 6 max.I lost.

Now I'm in the petting zoo at 25 NL and I think I only win because the players stink so badly.

How did you learn 6 max?

derick

stigmata
11-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Hah, I'm a NL 6-max fish too,
So, I'm sorry, I can't help you,
I learnt limit by reading HUSH,
but for you that won't help much.