PDA

View Full Version : PP or Pokerroom with 50% rakeback?

11-15-2005, 05:57 AM
I play 2/4 limit x 4 at Party. Being the sucker that I am, playing for pennies at the highest rakes, I did as many other become a member of Partys fabulous VIP club. Sadly I guess I preferred the rakeback club at empire (before the seperation of the networks). Considering the fact that I'm not a poker pro but merely poor ginder, making about 1 BB/h, I am considering if it would be better to play somewhere else with a rakeback/bonus offering.

Pokertracker tells me I pay 1.6 BB/h in rake at PP. So my thinking is that if it is possible to keep the same profitability at pokerroom of 1 BB/h with 50% rakeback, this could increase profitability with 80%

I am sure that many of you active players have considered this, so what are your thoughts.

Thanks

11-15-2005, 06:04 AM
Something to consider. One little warning though, your expectation won't be as high outside of party poker. They have a monopoly on the fish.

MyTurn2Raise
11-15-2005, 06:08 AM
At this level....become a bonus whore
Forget rakeback at pokerroom/ poker network.
Just don't sign up for the room that offers rakeback yet. Whore all the others. They are taking turns offering 7X deposits, 10X reloads, etc. Worst case is the 15 or so skins that offer 12X. At 7X, you can make about $30/hr 4-tabling 2/4. Sweet stuff. Even the crappy Hollywood $10,000 bonus pays 18X if you do it all. That's an extra $12 or so per hour.

PokerNetwork's 8 gajillion skins and other rooms (http://action.pokerpulse.com/rooms.htm) I cannot believe I gave this advice out---so much for good games on the PokerNetwork.

BTW-Most rakeback at the poker network are contributed rakeback, which is lower than regular rakeback for TAGs.